You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Outline Of A Person In My Door Way

Real Ghost Stories

Outline Of A Person In My Door Way

 

I moved to Brisbane about 6 months ago, into a fairly modern looking townhouse.

At first nothing out of the ordinary happend. And then the doors started slamming upstairs and downstairs, sometimes all at the same time.

I'd check all the windows and doors for a breeze but there was none.

Sometimes there was actually no doors or Windows open.

This occurrence didn't bother me to much as it could be dismissed. What was freaky was when the door would slowly close, latch clicking and all. And then it would 'click' and open again slowly.

Another time I was laying in bed with my boyfriend play fighting, I slapped his leg and it made a very crisp slap sound and about 5 seconds later the exact sound echoed back.

Both of us looked a bit stunned as it came from inside the room and nothing had fallen.

Outline Of A Person In My Door Way

I would also see in my bedroom at times this weird red mist stuff.

I didn't think too much of it and just either left the room or closed my eyes if I was in bed.

I only ever saw it in our bedroom.

I have had many experiences with paranormal and just decided to accept it.

Now the reason I am writing this story is because last night I had my bedroom door open (not something I ever usually do).

I was laying in bed all lights off when I heard my stairs creaking like someone was walking up.

I had my phone in hand and took a picture of my door way.

It's very faint but to me it looks like an outline of a person in my door way.

Would like some feed back in what other people think of this.

I am perfectly fine with being disproved and maybe someone will be able to tell me if it's possibly just my mind seeing what it believes it to be.

From my perspective it looks like an old man with a bald head and he's wearing a robe.

Other hauntings by MK2019

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MK2019, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

publicways (32 posts)
-2
6 years ago (2017-11-25)
I don't see anything sir.

Since you said this happens a lot, set up a camera on your doors and upload it so we can see them opening and closing by themselves - that would be more helpful than a blurry picture!
OlSaintLit (1 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-16)
You should take the original photo and use different filters to get a better photo.
Try infrared or something like that and see if the outline is still there.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
323astina... I just came back from a holiday in Brisbane, loved it all... The weather, the beaches (Gold / Sunshine Coast), and dairy and meat products that weren't overpriced!

I'm a natural sceptic, so excuse my comments if they offend you, that is not my intention. I think that it is not uncommon to hear sounds at night and there can be a myriad of causes, just that in the daytime there's other distractions that draw our focus away from there.

As for the image I have lots of experience with image editing since the early 90s (Photoshop / Photostyler / GIMP etc), and can understand when Rook asks for what the outside looks like as I don't see any discernible shape or form. Images taken at night come out grainy, and it's a natural effect of the light sensors not having enough light to produce a clear image. In such images, it's common for pareidolia (seeing patterns in random arrangements) to occur.
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Hi Melda... Yes I see the link there, although I don't see how adding suggestions from my Christian perspective is any different to someone else suggesting reciting certain verses from religious texts, or conducting cleansing rituals (you'll notice that the latter get voted up all the time). At the end of the day it's just a suggestion and we're all trying to help one another and are giving the best advice from our belief system.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Anno-Domini - I agree that if somebody votes you down they should tell you why they did.

Perhaps you add a little too much of the Christian faith in your comments? Many people have different belief systems. Perhaps that is the reason for some of your down votes.

I have never down voted you but just suggesting a plausible reason for it.

L_Melb - Now that you've shed yourself of the guilt don't worry about it😊

Regards, Melda
Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Same here! I keep getting down votes every time I suggest consulting a pastor or praying. Though in my case it's deliberate (not fat fingers). It doesn't bother me, but I find it contrary to the "spirit" (pun intended) of this forum. It'd be good if the person (entity?) down voting me would own up, so we could have a little chat!

323astina... Sorry for going off-topic!
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
Hey there Melda!
You're most welcome 😁
I don't think you're petty enough to worry about a vote but I think perhaps it was my guilt wanting to admit I've hit down when I meant up! 😜
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
L_Melb - It didn't upset me, I was just a bit confused! So no big deal as far as the vote is concerned. I see the votes on that comment have now increased in number 😁

I know it's possible to click on the wrong arrow in error.

If you up-voted me here, then thank you for that 😊

Regards, Melda
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
Hello 323astina! First of all thanks for sharing.

I do have the same situation on my apartment and I also shared it on this site. But instead of doors opening and closing, it was my overhead cabinet doors that would open. But a lot of people gave rational reasons (which I prefer more than paranormal LOL) as to why it is happening. So maybe in the picture you shared, the outline of a person is only created by our mind since it's dark (just to lessen the fact that it is scary).

I hope I read more stories from you. Thanks again!
L_Melb (220 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
Hi Melda,
regarding the vote, as your comment really wasn't anything to take exception to, it may well have been an error - I know I have done it (embarrassing but true 😭)
I didn't have the guts to say anything but felt darn awful!
Excuse my interruption 😁
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
Thank you for the Picture. 😁

Now I must ask this...

What is outside your door? Can you (would you) take a picture from the same place/angle with the lights on or during the day so we can compare what we see in this photo to what 'lies beyond the door'.

I can 'see' what you have circled/arrows pointing at but without a 'clear' back ground reference it could be anything.

Thanks for posting.

Respectfully,

Rook
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
babygoatpuller - Thanks, that was very nice of you. I couldn't figure out what was so offensive about my comment. I wish the person who down-voted me would have left a comment as well!

I managed to make out the head but it is a bit difficult.

Regards, Melda
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
I don't know why someone would give you a down vote for that comment Melda but I negated it out with an up vote. (I liked your comment to) 😊

I can see something in the picture astina, but why did you put that big red circle over the "head" part? I can't tell it's even a head with that going through it.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2017-07-05)
323astina - I wouldn't be so nonchalant about the occurrences in the townhouse if I were you! Whatever it is just might decide to step up the activity a notch or two.

It seems that a blessing/cleansing would be in order but obviously that's your choice.

As far as your pic is concerned - yes I can make out a head and a robe. It seems that you just might have caught the culprit on camera 😊

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: