You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Demon At The Window

Real Ghost Stories

Demon At The Window

 

My earliest memory of the paranormal was when I was about 5 years old.

This story is definitely in the top 2 of my very very strange experiences.

My sister (who was 6 at the time) and I were travelling up to Darwin for a couple of days with my dad. We ended up staying in a hotel half way through our journey. I remember this hotel very vividly, it was old and had an awful feel to it.

My sister and I shared a room, they were bunk beds and I was on the top. Being very young I fell asleep quite easily. But I got woken up by the sound of my sisters voice. She was telling someone to go away and that she wasn't scared of it.

I turned over and tried to see who she was talking to.

This is going to sound very strange and I can hardly believe I saw this myself.

I'm an atheist so I don't believe in demons.

But at our window was this creature, picture crossed between a gargoyle and an imp. It was sitting at our window sill staring in at my sister. She was standing at the window staring back at it.

It licked the window with a massive tongue. It then pointed to her and ran its finger along its throat.

My sister is one of the those kids born with this incredible confidence nothing scared her. She just kept taunting it.

That was it for me though I jumped down from my bed and ran into my dads room.

This story took many years for my sister and I to talk about.

I was about 12 swapping stories when she bought this up.

I spent years thinking this was one strange dream or twisted memory.

I think I should mention it wasn't the last time we saw this thing, it followed us around for years.

I honestly don't know what to think of this and I don't expect most people to believe me unless they've experienced something similar.

Other hauntings by MK2019

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MK2019, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-01)
Amazing story! It might sound bit out there, but It almost feels It could be some extraterrestrial creature?...
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-11)
Maybe it was ticked off it's weird behavior (or looks) weren't producing the normal flight/fear pattern it was used to so it followed you home to keep trying?

'Boo! I'm a monster, fear me and my weirdness!' But all your sister said was bring it on, basically. I don't know, glad it finally went away though!

Maybe browse through Brian Froud's books (like Good Fairy/Bad Fairy) your imp may be illustrated there. Still undecided if he is just very imaginative or actually seeing stuff.
323astina (guest)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-11)
It came and went through my younger years.
I haven't seen it since I was about 13.
It never came into the house though.
It was long time ago I just remember something always banging on my window and growling.
After a while my sister and I would just make sure we always left our curtains closed.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
Sounds like you have quite a sister! I'd have been running off to my parents too! Can you tell us anything of the other experiences you've had with this nasty sounding critter? Have you ever drawn it? -your description was very thorough but it would be interesting to see what it looked like.

Perhaps a look into local legends and folklore might give some results though most aboriginal legends are animistic... It might be more yielding to look into what areas the white settlers of the region originally hailed from and investigate the local lore of those areas as there seem to be more imps and devils to be found in European lore and legend.
sheld999 (14 stories) (74 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
when you said it ran its finger along its throat. Is that as in slit the throat movement or different?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: