You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Stewart The House Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Stewart The House Spirit

 

In my mother's country of birth, it is believed that every home has a spirit protecting it. You could call it a guardian angel or intelligent haunting, it doesn't matter. They're always there. It was my belief that if you feed the house negative energy, they won't protect you in your home (like in a case of a robbery or something), and if you feed your spirit positive energy, then you will be safe.

I have been living in my parent's home until recently and these are a few experiences I've had in my parent's home growing up over a total of 19 years.

My mother is a flight attendant and comes home rather late into the night. Several times when coming home, she would open the door and hear me laughing from down the hall in the bathroom. I was 5 at the time so she thought it was weird for me to be out of bed at that time of night. She creeped into the hall to see me sitting on the floor of my bathroom, staring at something in the shower (right out of her view), and laughing like I couldn't even breath. She had called out to me several times to which I didn't respond until she shook me. I just looked at her and told her she scared away Stewart. It happened almost every month until I was the age of 10.

Some nights, I would wake up and look into the hallway from where I laid in my bed (my parents were always paranoid so I slept with the door open) and I would see a man standing at my doorway. He was tall, taller than the doorframe (I'm guessing 7ft or so) and he would just stand there. He would lean down, poking his head into my room and making sure I was in my bed. He would usually smile at me and then move down the hall to my brother's room to check on him, and then moved into the hallway to my parent's room. Sometimes I would follow him into my parent's room (when I was younger) and watch him stand over my sleeping parents before disappearing in front of my eyes. When this first started happening to me, I would wake my parents and tell them there was a strange man in the house, but later I learned it would send my parents into a panic so I stopped.

Growing up, I began naming this spirit Stewart. He would only laugh when I call him that and do his usual rounds around the house.

Stewart would sometimes like to play pranks on my mother, making her drop glasses if she made something he wanted to eat. So when we make something good, we would leave out a small plate for him. Sometimes, a small portion of the food would be gone.

On nights where I couldn't fall asleep (or wasn't sleeping right), I would hear my music box go off. Note that I'm a pretty short Asian girl and these music boxes were on the highest shelf in my room. Hadn't been touched since I was 3. Stewart's favorite one to set off is my Cinderella Castle music box/snowglobe that sings "A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes", only because I think he knows I've always wanted to be a princess.

My current boyfriend is also sensitive to spirits. When I first brought him to my parent's house, he found Stewart to be a very kind spirit (like a stocky dad who always smiles and laughs at his children's antics). He's had a couple of experiences with Stewart but that would be for another time.

To this day, when I sleep over or when I come to visit my parents, I will see Stewart and he will check on me in my bedroom before checking on everyone else. I've never felt safer than in that home.

Other hauntings by milky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, milky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-12)
Hi milky, my mother has the same belief about resident spirits being in every home. If a family fills their home with love and laughter, the positive energy will surround them with a nurturing shield in turn.

Your parents' house remind me of my Grandma's old house. I always felt that the family was protected there too. ❤
roylynx (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-07)
Interesting! I totally believe this.

You know what? I have been told that my father use to talk to relatives on my grandfather's side.
Well, Just in case you did not know my grandfather is from the Ryukyu Islands which is now, Okinawa, Japan.
My grandmother is from a Tapirapé family and has raised my father most of the time by herself. She could not speak any Japanese at all and so my father was thought to speak no Japanese, but surprisingly he can spoke fluent Japanese until today. And so, my grandmother thought that someone from my grandfather's side had been "visiting" their house.

Rumors rumors rumors...;-)

Love from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Dangslow (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-07)
We have a guard also! He was a Shoshone Native American that lived where our house is now built.
I posted a story about him and I'm just waiting for it to be approved.
Its kind of nice to know they watch out for you!
milky (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
Hey Jessica5824,
Just don't freak out if your son gets a little older and starts following him around. Usually good spirits like that will make children want to follow them around!

Hello again RCRuskin!
Thank you for liking my story! There will surely be more to come, though the next one may be a little scary.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
I love this story and just added it to my favorites. I don't have much more to say about it, but it comforts me.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
I like the idea of a guardian spirit. 😊 Stewart sounds lovely, you're lucky to have such sweet interactions. Thanks for sharing.
Bee_Beans (6 stories) (41 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-05)
Hi Milky

Thank you for this. I really enjoyed your post. How lovely to know that you have Stewart keeping an eye on things.

Thanks again.
Jessica5824 (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-04)
Wow! I think I have a ghost in my house who also checks in on everyone when we have gone to sleep. My son, who is 3, claims to see it. It creeps me out though. He also has said he has played with him.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: