You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: A Series Of... Paranormal Events?

Real Ghost Stories

A Series Of... Paranormal Events?

 

My name is Jen. I'm 23 years old and I have always been sensitive to spirits or things of that... Sort. I have many other stories from when I was a kid but I'll save those for another time. Within the last few years, I have experienced multiple, minor things.

My boyfriend lived in base housing on the local Air Force base. He used to live in a cul-de-sac at the front area of the base. Right where the street rounds off, I have seen an average height Airman, in uniform (ABU's), just standing under the street lights. When I say I see him, I mean that I can see him in my mind's eye. My boyfriend has since moved to another area of base housing but we have friends who live around that area and I always get a little uneasy driving past the street.

The next sighting I'm going to talk about is just outside of the previously mentioned neighborhood. There is a small thrift shop that was most likely a gas station in previous years along the street leading to the youth center. The outside of the building has a water machine, a soda vending machine, and a RedBox. I tend to go to that RedBox a fair bit to see what they have and the occasional movie rental. This has happened on multiple occasions. I usually head to that RedBox after work at around 7 pm (I work on base) so the sun has already set and it is fairly dark on base. I always see some sort of large shape (unsure if animal or humanoid) run across the parking lot to the far side of the thrift shop building. Once it hits the street light over the dumpster, it disappears. I have checked back there for a possible dog or javelina but there is never anything there. This has happened about three or so times to me.

The last experience I am going to talk about is still on base but in my opinion, it is one of the most terrifying things I have ever experienced. It was about 1 am and I was going to visit my boyfriend in his hanger while he worked the overnight shift. There is a 4-way stop sign at the very end of the main street that goes straight down the middle of the base. As you get closer to the plane hangers, street lights become few and far between, as it is close to the flight-line. As you can imagine, at 1 am, I am the only one on the road headed that direction. I pulled up to the stop sign and as I did, I saw a man with the most terrified expression on his face as if he was going to get hit by a car out of my drivers' side window. I put my car in park, got out and took a look around my car for someone. I could not find any sign of a person. So I got back into my car and drove off. In all my years of experiences, this was the only time I had been able to see someone's face.

So, yeah. That was first part of my strange experiences. If anyone has any questions or insight on my experiences, I would love to hear it. Thank you so much and I will try to update my stories as soon as I possibly can.

Other hauntings by Aeropostale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Aeropostale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Aeropostale (2 stories) (11 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-02-10)
I don't believe they have a newspaper but I do know there is a magazine. I'm sure you know full well bases are most likely haunted, regardless of location
MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-10)
Does the Air Base have a newspaper? You could check out whether anyone was hit by a car at that intersection possibly? It might help answer at least that one.

The figure by the Redbox thing is weird and spooky, as is the guy just standing outside in that cul de sac. I'm a military daughter and wife and don't doubt at all that you've seen things on base. Many of us have had the most intense moments of our lives on a base, also the happiest, so it makes sense that there would be lots of energies!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: