You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cover Tossing And Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

Cover Tossing And Paralysis

 

When I was much younger than I am now, we had a spirit living with us. Sometimes when I would fill the dog bowl with food at 5:30 every day as part of my chore and fathers strict rules I had to obey, upon entering the kitchen with dog bowl in hand, the closet door holding the animals valued bag of dog food would open on its own accord. It made its self visible quite often and the overall experience was a pleasant one. I only got scared a few times, but mostly due to not knowing what was going on.

Later we had to move from the house and I have had 0 encounters with anything for over a decade.

I am now living in an apartment with a wife and new son. My wife was complaining that sometimes the baby swing would move of its own accord or things in the kitchen would fall while she was in the shower or watching T.V.

We went out of state for a few days for Thanksgiving vacation to have good times with family and relax and she stayed out of state to see her family for a bit more. She has grown quite homesick in our new place.

Two nights ago I got home for the first time in five or so days and tiredly checked my email, dragged in all of my packed belongings and went to sleep trying to get ready for Mondays work.

During the course of the night, around 3:30am I woke out of my slumber absolutely terrified. It was fast and I was fully alert and all I knew was something was not right. I tried to call for help but all I could muster was a whisper. I couldn't talk or move.

I have only felt this way once. Between the ages of roughly 3 and 8 years of age I would have a dream. I would be in a fire lit hut. I could hear the fire and saw the roof of the structure looked that of mud and hay. Eventually, I would start to rise towards the roof, and once I reached the top, I would awaken the exact same way. Paralyzed and helpless. Most terrified and scared.

I got the feeling when I awoke suddenly that I was not alone. After a few minutes I could move again and just rolled over and pulled the covers tightly around me. While trying to relax my mind and tell myself things were going to be okay and I just need to get some rest, I got a fast and hard tug from my back pulling the covers. It hurt my neck a little from the force that was applied. I felt the tug and had time to think about it and was about to turn around when I found myself paralyzed again.

After a small piece of time I mustered a word, my name, just to see if I could talk. Satisfied that I could, I just turned on my back and watched the ceiling wondering why I was getting so scared. I hadn't felt this in ages, and I was awake, why am I feeling this? The paralysis came and went for a while. I just lay there helpless just wanting it to stop.

Finally I got about 10 minutes of peace and started to think things were going to be okay. It had passed.

Suddenly all of my covers were thrown to the foot of the bed. It was about 4:30am by this time, and I wanted to run. That's what I did when I was younger. Just ran outside and waited for my parents to get home. It is strange to think back then I was a much (or a little) more brave than I am now.

I wanted lights on, but did not want to risk moving out of fear of what would happen from my bed to the lights. I knew something was in there. I wanted to try and talk but I didn't. I lay there frozen as a statue until the sun came up at about 7am. From 4:30 to 7am nothing happened.

Satisfied I could see, I cautiously arose from the bed. I asked whatever was there to please not do that again, as it scared me half to death and with all of my work I cannot afford to be kept up all night. I stated if it needs help, I will, and if not to kindly leave.

I suppose I write this because I have no idea what to do. I am now sleeping in the living room with all of the lights and T.V. On. I have been reading here the past few days and most agree it is good to not give into fear. I think the paralysis is my response to that fear. Any way to get rid of it?

I feel since this is twice I have had strange encounters, and the first encounter lasting around 10 years, I need to learn how to take a stand and react. Any/All suggestions most welcome. Thank you for your time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Dimber (1 stories) (50 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I believe is a way of block words like S.pirit/ g.host they put p.urple p.ants or c.lown. Hahaa... Something like that. Try it.

Type p.urple p.pant they put big red nose or c.lown they will put p.urple p.ants. Hahaaaa
ChocolateDream (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-01)
I was just wondering, as I'm new to this site... Kind of... What is a clown? I see it on like every comment lol x
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-11)
Hello Brett and thank you for sharring this story with us. I'm glad you got some very interesting suggestions on what to do. And I believe that these are the best you can get. Talking to the spirit may help. Tell it firmly to stop doing thgings but not allways will this lety the spirit cross over. Smudge cremony,blessing,and Cleansing and other things may help. I don't knoiw much about them but they realy do help. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Brett (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
Thank you all for your replies. Since that night not too much has happened. I am still sleeping in the living room with the t.v. And lights on, heh. I think tonight I will try to sleep in my room again.

I talk to it whenever I get home from work or leave to keep it posted, figured it can't hurt. Even play some songs and sing and do silly things like that to let it know I can help if it would just let me know how.

But I will try sleeping in the room again, just gotta build up some strength!:D

Thank you again all, it is deeply and greatly appreciated.
Fire_Skull14 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
this NTT is probly working off a very low level and it needs fear. So when you sence it there, believe in your own power and try and shout your most loved word, the word that makes you believe in yourself! 😁 for me its somthing that makes me laugh (cookies lol) this is only a simple way of facing this ntt, if you want more info email me at

Me_h_p_d [at] hotmail.co.uk

Thanks
shawnxmonkey (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Doesn't sound to me like it was a possum like thing. You know how possums when scared literally scare themselves to a paralyzed state.

I can relate to what you are going through in a way and I would in your shoes face this.
I had it happen to me one night on a vacation. This is happening in your home. This is something I feel you need to face. Whatever is there knows you can sense it's presence and could feel in danger or harmed in a sense. Seems like you may have to make peace.

I hope you update us on if it happens again and the outcome.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-06)
Brett hello and welcome to the site.

Sounds like you're either very sensitive and thus "attract these visitations" or you are followed around by the same energy for years-one that doesn't seem harmful to me.

Let's for the sake of argument suggest that these two experiences are in no way related. The first one from your childhood was trying to be helpful and supportive while opening the door to help you reach the dogs' food while the second and more recent one sounds more like someone is in distress.

I think the dream you had was very likely the result of "someone" who needed you to "see" some moment of their lives or maybe the way they died. Could the hut have been on the same property your house stands now? Is its location irrelevant to the point it needs to be communicated? Maybe but whoever is there has perceived you can sense them and as far as I'm concerned, they NEED assistance. That can also explain why the covers were "thrown" at the end of your feet. It was an "urge" to get you up and out of bed and deal with it or a cry of despair like "hey are you seeing me?"

Whatever the case, if you feel disempowered or too weak to deal with this, ask the help of a paranormal investigation team or a "psychic" in your area. They can verify the presence and suggest ways of sending it across.

No matter what the case, you should NOT under any circumstances give in to your fear-that may result in a very different outcome, so stay CALM.

If you wish to take control of this situation on your own then there are a few things you need to keep in mind:

Most spirits don't need to "be removed" unless they are malevolent. Instead they need assistance to cross over.

Speak to the spirit before attempting to do anything else. You must be calm and "listen carefully" as the "answer" might come in different forms. Ask it if it needs any help and what sort of help it needs.

Try to achieve some self-control and sound firm but RESPECTFUL when claiming your house and life back. Ask it to leave but do NOT immediately direct it to go to the light. Some spirits have not come through the light and this might cause not only harm but further agony to you.

Use whatever religious "tools" you have depending on your religious belief system as well as written prayers or even your own prayer to create a "protection circle" around yourself.

SMUDGE your home. There is a wonderful suggestion in the articles section on our site by a very reliable member (Shane) and you can also ask for SURYA'S help (another reliable member).

Smudging will help you repel whatever negative energy is there and replace it with positive energy.

Please keep us posted and ask anything else you need to know.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Do you think it odd that this happened with your family away and you are alone in the apartment? Could you have been over tired with a separation anxiety about leaving your family in another state? Possibly. However bedding does not take flight by itself so you may have something in the apartment. It's your house. You made a firm stand and hopefully it will do as asked. I am pretty much convinced either places or people are haunted. It seems with you it might be the places, not you, or this would be happening no matter where you lived. You had a decade of nothing happening so I don't think it's you being haunted.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-05)
Hello Brett and welcome to the YGS community. Thank you for sharing your experience, and hopefully you will get some results from the answers you get here! You've done well in telling whatever it is out loud to leave you alone, and by trying not to be afraid. I think you should go back to sleeping in your room and see what happens. Another possibility is that this was a sleep paralysis event, and that your fear made it feel as though you were experiencing something paranormal. Then again, it might have been an entity... Just be careful, be brave, and be firm. It is YOUR house.

Warmest blessings,

DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: