You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Mala Beads

Real Ghost Stories

The Mala Beads

 

I married into a Braham Hindu family. As you know Brahmins are priests, I always thought myself privileged being married into a family like that. There was a temple in the in-laws house, the temple I was privileged enough to clean, light the candles.

My ex deceased father-in-law asked me one Saturday morning to get him some mala beads for his prayer he had accidentally broken his. I was going out anyway and it would not be out of my way so of I went to the Broadway. After wandering around from one religious store to another, inspecting the rosary beads, I finally decided to get him a rosary of tulsi mala beads. For some unknown reason I bought myself a rosary as well. When I got home I gave my father-in-law his beads, and I took mine straight upstairs and hung them on the edge of my shelf.

I won't go into what I did the rest of the day but we will fast forward now to 10pm. The kids were asleep by 9pm. I showered and hit the sack about 10pm. I don't know what time of the night it was but I woke up chanting OM and using my fingers as a count for each chant, in front of my eyes in thin air (no I had not been popping anything) was the rosary I had bought which I had hung on the corner of my shelf. They seemed to be moving clockwise with each chant, like someone was using it to prayer. As soon as I realized what was happening, the beads disappeared. Don't know what happened to the beads after that.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Karen123456789 (1 stories) (6 posts)
-2
12 years ago (2011-11-26)
Why did you evaluate my story! 😭 You're bad I never evaluate your ghost stories, I liked your ghost stories... AND THE REASON WHY YOU SAID IT WAS INAPROPPIATE FOR READERS BECAUSE YOU'RE SCARED! 😠
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Good "gut feeling"! Make sure you read a few prayers once in a while...

I'll email a brief one-just a suggestion.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
I Just got shivers running through my body reading your comment. The rosary is next to the picture. It was put there as soon as I got it. My god father gave me two bracelets as well, One I wear and the other one has been passed on to a friend, it was the right thing to do.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Funny you should mention Cyprus. Hang the rosaries on your Tsambika icon and if you wonder why on that particular one it is because the icon-the original-came from Cyprus. It used to be in a monastery there but it vanished. A year later it turned up on a mountain in Rhodes. The monks claimed it back twice. They took it back home twice. Again the icon vanished before their eyes as tradition has it to appear in Rhodes. They finally decided that they had to leave it there.

Do you understand what I'm suggesting?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
It is funny you say that atherfie, my God father came to see me on Boxing day. He gave me a beautiful picture and two Rosaries and a beautiful necklace with the cross on it finger knitted by the looks of it (from Cyprus).
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
That was exactly my estimation Menie. More precisely "someone" was there praying FOR you and the fact that the rosary disappeared after that, might have meant that the "protection circle" had already been achieved and the item itself was no longer needed.

I have to wonder if there's some kind of connection between the beads and the bells you hear though...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
I bought the bead from a store called Little India. There was definitely no history. My ex-inlaws said it was probably becasue I had not cleansed the beads.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Hi, Which store you bought from the beads it may be history that cause the chanting. Just my opion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: