You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Jingles Of The Bell

Real Ghost Stories

Jingles Of The Bell

 

In my story the bell, I had been hearing bells for a good three weeks. I thought it was that cat but when I looked around the home Inca (out cat's names) was nowhere in sight. I am not the only to have heard this bell. My youngest son has heard it as well. However, I am not sure if he hears it now. I have not asked him.

I have not heard the bell ring in a while which lead me to believe that things may have calmed down.

Just after Christmas, I started hearing what sounding like the bell on Inca's collar but also like the bell we have next to our temple.

I was sitting on the sofa in the living room uploading some pictures on Thursday 29th January 2009, 11.30am. Whilst the pictures were uploading I decided to put the television on and go make myself a coffee. I put the laptop on the table, went into the kitchen, made a coffee and made my way back to the living room. I stopped in the hallway and looked toward the temple. All in order, so of I went into the living room. There was a documentary on about ancient Egypt. I sat down put my coffee on the floor, checked to see if the pictures had uploaded, they had uploaded without any problems. I really wanted to watch the documentary, so I put the laptop to sleep and sat on the sofa with my coffee watching Ancient Egypt.

Not even 10 minutes into the program, I heard the jingling of the bell in the hallway, I presumed it was the cat "hey sweetie... Pssst come on sweetie". The bell stopped jingling. I put my coffee down and walked into the hallway and no Inca hold on how could it be Inca if the windows are shut. I walked into the kitchen to check the window. Make sure it was shut, it was. I walked into my son's room, all windows closed. I checked my sons bed incase Inca was on the bed sometimes he will sneak in before I close the windows. Nope not on my son's bed. I walked towards my bedroom, checking the bathroom on my way, lately the cat has been sitting in the corner of the bathroom. Nothing or no one in the bathroom. I walked into my bedroom towards the window. I heard the jingling again behind me. I looked back into the hallway, nothing. I opened the window and called out "Inca, sweetie come on". Inca jumped out of the tree and came running into the garden, he is so sweet the minute he hears me calling him he will come running into the garden jump in through the window to get his hugs from me.

I closed the window, picked Inca up and took him into the living room with me. I got comfortable on the sofa with Inca. No more jingling bells for the rest of the day.

All throughout Friday, Saturday and Sunday I kept hearing the jingling of the bells. Last night about 630pm I had just finished cooking dinner. I started washing the pots and pans I had used, whilst washing I heard the jingling of the bells again, I stopped what I was doing and stood in silence listening and sure enough I could hear the jingling of the bells. The jingling of the bells was coming from behind me. Inca was asleep on my bed; my son had got him inside earlier.

I am convinced the jingling of the bells is not the cat's collar. The only other bell we have is the bell near the temple. The only other item I have that can make the sound of a bell are my ting shas, but they sound very different.

Whenever I hear these bells they are always jingling from behind me.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pie1025 (2 stories) (29 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
Surya,
I have a similar experience, the sound I hear is more like the anklets of a lady. I hear it randomly but consider it as an assurance from my Goddess that she would be there to help me. It used to frighten me in my childhood days but not anymore, I used hear them at random places, in several apartments I lived, my ancestral home etc etc.
I have tried to figure out what it is but has never been successful (mostly because a part of me gets scared and don't want to open any communication channel).
I feel the ringing of the bells you hear is more divine than spooky!

God Bless!
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hi Chris,
I would llike to say Thank you for the support youo gave me and Tammy. I was unsure whether you on your personal email, but thought otherwise. So once again Thank you for the support.

Regarding the bells, I only ever one bell that was the one in the temple at the ex-inlaws. When I heard that bell ringing, there was actaully nobody holding it it was ringing. It is the same bell I hear now. I am unsure how it is related, to who and why, but I know it is a calling.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-21)
Hi Surya. It is confussing and I'm not surprised why you feel so confused. Trying to explain things in a rational way does help but when you don't get firm answesr it starts getting annoying. I wonder why this sound is allways comeing from behind you. I do have a question thoe. Do you think this could be a family member? Trying to get your attention? Do you recognize the bells sound? I'm probably way off but maybe... 😁 I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-10)
Yes atherfie, you are right. Come to think of it, I have always got those eerie feeling no matter where I went. Years of denial on my part I guess.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-09)
Yes, YOU haunted, of course you! Go through your experiences one by one-the ones you have written about and those ones you haven't. Don't you think that since you were "approached" in India or at every household you've been too and even more since you have been attacked by particular visitors no matter where your bedroom is that these visitations have to do with you and not where you live?

I want you to reevaluate your dreams cause that is one thing you should see in them. You are at your parental home then your father's childhood home, in India, the UK etc etc. This is indicative that no matter where you are or who you are with, the target remains the same-it is YOU who's being followed.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Me Haunted that certainly is a shock to the system. So I have spirits attached to me. 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Menie let me put it plainly; I don't think your house is haunted. YOU are haunted so being outdoors doesn't act as deterrence.

I've always believed you are the one haunted so whether you're indoors or outdoors makes very little difference.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
Atherfie, it is not just at home I hear the bells, I could be shopping and I hear them. I sometimes hear them in the office.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
It makes very little difference if it is the same bell menie. It's the source that makes it jingle that (I fear) remains the same.

Somebody is trying to tell you something and I suspect this something has to do with an unwelcome visitor at home.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
The sound of the bell is the same, although the bell in that household was a bit bigger than the one we have in our home both bells sound the same.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-08)
"Always jingling from behind me..." of course they are as I get the distinct impression that someone is literally following you!

This bells remind me of another temple from another household... Please tell me it's not the same one.

If it IS that one then my guess is the "owner" of that temple is back to announces his presence or... Like in the past when he was still alive but you would at times hear the bells, then your "female protector" is signaling his arrival and warns you to be on alert.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: