You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Sleep Paralysis and Out of Body Experiences

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis and Out of Body Experiences

 

My name is Jack and I'm nineteen years old. I first had one of my dreams about a year ago, I can't remember exactly what happened but I know that I couldn't move and there was a disorientating continuous buzzing down the side of my bed which I could not turn to look at because I couldn't move, I struggled, I was petrified, I thought I was dying. After this first one, I told no one because I thought that there was some kind of demon that came to menace me, or was it just sleep paralysis?

After this experience I never wanted it to happen again... But it did, over and over about twice maybe three times a month. After about the seventh time I started recording what was happening during these dreams, I still didn't like them but I was curious and intrigued because I didn't understand, so these are some of my recording:

I fall to sleep in bed in a strange way, I slowly feel my body and brain start buzzing with intent like an angry swarm of bees in my head and mouth, at that moment I am paralyzed. This is how it usually starts. One time, I was in this state, laying on my back, my eyes could move but my body would not, I was desperately trying to move whilst an extremely loud buzzing noise was to the left side of me coming from under my head under my bed, it started moving towards the end of my bed, still out of sight, I was so scared, eventually it was at the foot of my bed when it paused and got louder. I thought it would crawl up near my feet like in one of those dodgy horror movies, when it stopped, there was silence for a few moments, then suddenly a black shadow in the shape of a man, a ninja type being, leapt from the foot of my bed and perched on an invisible shelf on my sealing. I was waiting for it to pounce down on me or see some red eyes light up but it didn't, at this point I thought to struggle whilst I still had time.

The buzzing noise came back from the figure as I struggled trying to roll from left to write, eventually, the strangest thing happened, I rolled out of my bed to the left only to hit the floor and bounce back straight into bed. Confused, I carried on struggling rolling to my right, I started rolling through the wall down a spiraling slope, there were bright colors, it was like one of them portals going into another dimension or a time zone tunnel, it was sloped at 45 degrees and I was rolling continuously south. I thought I was going to roll straight into hell, so with a mighty surge of power and shouting I broke free, as I was trying to sit up, I felt like I was being pulled back by an invisible force. I could tell my eyes were still shut because it was still the same situation.

Eventually, I opened my eyes and woke completely, I turned and sat at the side of my bed with my head in my hands wondering what in gods name had just gone on. I was also wondering if I had woken up anyone else with my apparent screaming, as I decided to go back to sleep, I felt it starting again, I quickly opened my eyes to stop it from manifesting. I went to the toilet to try and make myself fully awake. It worked and I was cautious about going back to sleep but I did.

Since that ordeal I have had many different occurrences in my sleep paralysis, countless episodes of strange imaginary situations that have seemed to act out in real life, in fact I had one last night, but nowadays I just let it manifest and see what happens, it is usually a wonderful experience after you have just let it be.

Yesterday's one was brilliant, the scary introduction was as awesome as ever and the highlight was even better. I was levitated by a strange force up in the air with my covers still on me, I thought I was going to get chucked into the ceiling but I didn't struggle and I was suspended at least six foot above my bed in a horizontal position, I was slowly strafed to the right over the floor, I could have been dropped but instead I was lowered to the floor where I was left momentarily and then took back to my bed the same way it started, overwhelmed by this experience. I tried to wake up and did, again it is sometime a struggle to fully break free from the clutches of whatever is occupying me, but with trust, I think you can have the most bizarre experiences.

I feel if let manifest, sleep paralysis is a force out of this world helping you have these wondrous out of body, in body maybe experiences. Maybe it is a part of our brain that is working that we do not know about, apparently we only use a small percentage of our brain, whatever the explanation, I don't know...

Feel free to leave a message or email me at pureparkourpracticioner [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk

I am always keen to share and learn from other peoples experiences.

Peace and love

Jack

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Belial (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-19)
Hey, my name is Kurt.

I have been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a teenager. Through all of my experiences I have had every experience from like what the OP describes to very real out of body experiences in which I am spoken to directly and/or being forcefully taken up by ghosties (whatever they are). It's trippy and scares the living daylights out of me still to this day. 😭
misspill226 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Hey Jack, My names Katie, I'm 19 years old from the UK.

So I used to have sleep paralysis exactly like how you describe it a couple of times a month or so but it left me alone for... I'd say about 5 months, until last night.

I went out clubbing and did an all-nighter. I drank a lot, smoked a lot and indulged in some drugs. The next night when it came to getting my sleep pattern back to normal for my 9am-5pm shift my sleep paralysis returned.

I'm just drifting off to sleep and I can feel myself falling in and out of a sleeping state. Each time I wake my body is getting tighter and heavier and each time it feels more and more like I can feel a presence on top of me. Until finally, I can no longer bare it and I am completely terrified. I can feel someone or something there in the room with me and my body is locked. It is completely and utterly stuck and I feel like a dead weight.

The pressure is all over me now and I struggle to open my eyes and I struggle even harder to move my body, desperately trying to shake myself awake and out of this state. The pressure gets even harder on my shoulders and I can definitely feel someone's hands gripping onto my shoulders, pushing my whole body back into the bed. The realisation that I can feel someone on top of me sends me into shock and I have never felt so vulnerable. A noise I can only describe to be a growl... A terrifying, blood curdling growl surrounds me and it is so loud it feels as it's made my ears bleed.

My heart is pumping so fast, I feel like I'm falling. I strain to open my eyes and I see a face. A girl is led on top of me. Pinning me to my bed, staring up at me with huge black eyes. She has curly ginger hair and her face is covered in cuts and grazes. At the time- and I don't know why- I instantly thought that she looked like she'd been in a car crash. Don't ask me why but that's what I thought.
She moves a hand off my shoulder and grabs my throat. I can feel her hand here, the pressure of it. But I feel no choking or loss of breath.

I begin struggling and I think I manage to turn away and move my body. But I'm not sure because when I have sleep paralysis sometimes I think I'm moving when I'm actually not... I can still feel the pressure. However, I look at my bedroom door (which was left securely shut) and it's open and the girl is stood in the doorway looking down at me in my bed. Her eyes are so dark.

I can't remember how I woke up but I have learnt that after sleep paralysis occurs (which it has to me a fair few times before) make sure you wake yourself up properly and realise what has just happened before going back to sleep and it is less likely to happen repeatedly though out your sleep.

I can never fully describe sleep paralysis to people when they ask me what's it like. That was my attempt. Everything I just wrote is completely 100% true and happened to me last night. I'm so scared. But I'm so glad there's a lot of people who also go through it. It's kind of comforting to read other peoples accounts of it.
mancocapac (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-07)
Hello, my names Zach. I'm 16 years and this sleep paralysis happened to me about 5 or 4 in this morning in December. This one dream I was lying in my bed and I could move around and such, but then I realized it was a dream and instantly I was paralysis then I tried my hardest to move, it felt like I was to lazy to move then I tried waking up and then everything turned red and these little black splotches started to appear everywhere, then this really loud vibrating noise scared the shiat outta me then I kicked my legs then I woke up. And in January this one dream I was paralysis then I tried to move but didn't work so then I slipped outta my bed so I can wake up but I didn't, then a few seconds later I woke up, this was the first time I slipped outta my bed. The second time this happened I looked to my closet on my left as I was on the ground and I saw my old cat come out and then I could move again soo I got up and rushed to pet my cat because I loved her but my mom throw her out back when I was a kid, then I looked to my right I saw this black figure, through this hole time I was in this dream I knew it was a dream and I know how to control my dreams, see once I looked at the figure I tried to imagine it as a girl lol, once I did I pop on it and then I tried so hard to imagine it as a girl but it was just pure black no face, no nothing, just pure black, so then I woke up. Just two weeks ago I had sleep paralysis again I knew how to wake up because a few times back I kicked my legs or feet to wake up, soo I tried to control this one dream I tried my hardest to move my hands, then this black thing was covering my hands and then it got loose, once it got loose these black hands started to come off my hands and then I wanted to wake up then I kicked my feet to wake up, this actually works so try it. Over all I had this happening about 15 or 20 times in my hole life.
Aidan_Vladimir (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-19)
I was wondering if anyone could help me out on a question. If you knew anything about having a OBE that was very scary and having a feeling of being guided while floating. I had this very surreal feeling when I was five years old (I'm 22 now) and remember it very clearly. I remember being upstairs by the banisters near my room and then having this guided motion feeling while flying and then falling. I remember going down the stairs and this dark long haired man telling me to come closer while I sat at the bottom of the stairs with having such fear like he was the devil. I had no strength to bring myself back up and stairs and found it hard to talk but the man could quietly talk to me telling me to come closer to him while trying to force myself away from him. In the end I climbed about two stairs and I think I fell asleep and that is all I remember. This feeling was nothing I felt before. It almost felt real and very dreamy at the same time. Please could you help me with this as I've been thinking about it a lot and hoping you could help me out with a possible solution.
chloe272 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
omg this is so amazing. I have very similiar sleep experiences. It started out terrifying like you said but then after a while you take note of everything that's going on and learn to just let it be and manifest. Now most of the time when it happens to me its a beautiful experience. I feel myself falling asleep and an electronic song starts and I float above and out of my body and swirl, float and fly around in my room to the music. It started with my only going above my bed, now I'm able to go over my room. I want to make it all the way up into the stars. I'm 19 and started having sleep paralysis at 18. Feel free to message me, id love to chat about this
RipleyMason (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-11)
I was watching a documentary on the couch and I must have drifted off. I remember getting so tired lying there I couldn't hang on anymore and just let go. Sometimes I would catch myself thinking about strange and manifested things and shake awake out of fear I guess... Fear that I would go mad or sink in a hole of weird thoughts and intrusive thoughts so deep I would die. I heard someones voice in the kitchen. It was my best friend Mikey whom I adore more than anything in this world. I heard him come in and I tried to get up... And did... I got up and ran into the kitchen but then turned around and said, "wait, this doesn't make sense." Then I jolt back into my body. I would try getting up again... Surely thinking that I was actually awake this time, getting up and going to the noises in the kitchen, but I got right out, walked a few steps then thought again... Is this real? It was not. I jolted back into my body to try and emerge out of it again. By the 4th time I tried to get up I felt like something was pulling me down and I was sinking into the couch. This was when I told myself I might be dying. I fought against it hard and yanked myself up, slapped my face a couple times to KEEP me awake and now I am back. It was like I snapped in and out of a coma over and over trying to find the right time it was for my body to let me actually get up in reality, not the dream.

Very strange indeed.
Patrice (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-03)
My name is Patrice. I am 22 years old. I have never had any such experience until about a month ago. I am a marine wife and my husband and I live in base housing which is extremely old. Well one night I was "sleeping" and in my dream while still "sleeping" I woke up because I heard a noise in the living room. My husband got up and went check what it was. He came back and said he didn't see anything. All while still asleep. Well next thing I know is I had a black furry hand going down my shirt and I couldn't move for a minute. Then all of a sudden I was able to move and I went to grab it and when I did It started to choke me. Next thing I know I woke up choking and gasping for breath. Didn't sleep the rest of the night. That scared the crap out of me. Then a few nights after I seen a black shadow next to the bed standing over my husband. And recently I've seen a small child cowering and hiding his face in the corner of my hallway. If it keeps up I am tempting to move.
elswo (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
Javelina

Thank you so much for answering my post so quickly, and for the links too. I did sleep okay last night after all, but I'm not in a hurry to experience it again any time soon! I am confused though as to why it had occured as I am not at death's door, nor did I pre-empt it. I have been very poorly in the past, but have long since recovered from that. The only thing I can think of is the association with Sleep Paralysis.

Xx
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
elswo,
Hello, I saw your comment come up and I didn't want to have you sit here with no one helping. It does sound very much like an OBE you experienced. And although it may have frightened you a bit, know that your reaction to it is quite normal. There is a lot written on the subject that you might want to check into. I'll leave a couple of links for you to follow and I hope it helps.

Http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/FAQ_updated.html

Http://www.monroeinstitute.org/frequently-asked-questions/
elswo (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-22)
I had a strange thing happen to me today. I was lying on the sofa and I'd fallen asleep. Toward the end I had sleep paralysis because my mind had come to, but not my body. Then I had a feeling that I was flying above my body really fast, and I was level with the top of my lightshade just below the ceiling. Then I fell back down really fast, and then quickly went back up again. I opened my eyes ever so slightly and I could see the room I was in. I tried to move my hands and feet (I find this helps me to wake up slightly quicker) and I heard my sister's voice but couldn't answer her. A few seconds later I managed to wake up, but it was so bizarre I'm petrified to go to sleep tonight (I am a regular sufferer of Sleep Paralysis). Did I have an out of body experience with this, or was I just dreaming?
SheepCryWolf (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-31)
I've only had sleep paralysis once... Or so my mom says that was what it was. It was earlier this year. I had shot up from sleep. Something just told me to wake up.

I was up, I know I was up, because in my dreams my room looks were clean, but in reality it isn't. I sat there for a moment then I remeber my covers moving to the end of my bed and my ankles and legs felt stiff like something was holding them.

From there I was dragged towards end of my bed and I dug my fingers into my mattress, nothing to hold on to. It stopped before I was pulled off my bed completely, but half my body was already off the bed. I Crawled back onto my bed and sat there for a moment. Told whatever it was to go away. Then I thought to myself it wasn't real, if I went to my mom she wouldn't believe me. I decided to just ignore it as if it happened all the time and then the pressure came.

It felt like an elephant sitting on my lungs and chest. I figured it was a power of wills. So I tried to just relax and act like it was just that paralysis. The elephant was now sitting on my forhead. Initially my head tilted back, but I managed to get it to lay flat on the pillow. After a bit, I turned my head and looked to my tv, there a small light on the corner of my tv, changes color when the tv is on. I decided I didn't want to fall back asleep, because I was't sure what would happen or if I'd think it was just a dream when I woke up.

I stared at the light, managed to moved my feet off to the side of my bed, but Couldn't move the rest of my body. Raged my feet back onto the bed as the sandman put as much sand as possible in my eyes. It started to painfully hurt to try and keep my eyes open. Pain that you would expect from someone trying to pry your eyes open or out of your head. I had even tried to scream, but it just came out very light, even though I was hurting my throat trying to scream. I had seen my brother walking down the hall, he stays up late, but the screaming went no where.

Eventually I just decided this was enough and felt myself just fall asleep. I woke up an hour later.

I went to the dentist two weeks later and when they started to do work and the suction thing doesn't always get everything..., I started crying and shaking all due to this experience... They had to wait for me to calm down...
Chantal10 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hello I feel really good knowing that I'm not the only one going though this! I have experienced OBE since I could remeber I think I could have been since the age of 7 and since it has been ongoing there are times when it will be 6 months without having one but there are times when I have them 2 or 3 times a week... I have noticed this happends most when I'm most spiritual... When I used to practice yoga I would be able to control were I went and I have a lot more control over the experience...
NovemberChocolate (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I've had sleep paralysis at LEAST once a month since I was 13 years old. The first time it ever happened to me, I was terrified to say the least, but after several months more of it, I began getting used to it. For me, SP usually occurs right after I've had a frightening dream, or when I've had a dream that was too surreal and too peaceful like as if you were on cloud nine or something. During the periods of SP, there would be a loud buzzing noise and my head would pound like mad, like as if my head or body was being compressed way too tightly and it really is indeed frightening. After a year or two, I just got used to it and either let it ride itself out or fight it off with all my might.
I suppose the trick for me was to, when you feel SP coming, make a big movement, or several big movements, to wake yourself up fully.
There are times however when SP did become really frightening. Sometimes, on rare occasions, I would see shadowy figures moving about from the corners of my eyes and at those times, I just shut them tight and wait for everything to pass. Other times, a woman singing or someone talking, but the most memorable one that has made me believe that it is indeed caused by paranormal activity was when I was sixteen years old.
A year or so after my dog died, I've been having dreams of her, in some, we were happily playing with each other and in other's she's dying all over again. Well, I suppose after witnessing how my dog died, it's not really an easy thing to forget. Anyways, every night, for a year, I've been having these kinds of dreams but on that particular morning, 6 am or so, I awoke from the dream that she was in and a thought came into my head, it didn't really feel like she was dead because she's alive in my dreams! It was then that I felt something warm pressing against my waist (I was lying supine) and then I went into SP. I began hearing all these huffing noises, like a dog panting. In fact, it sounded exactly like how my dog pants! Then, I felt pressure on my stomach, like paws walking over my body to get to the other side of the bed and the huffing got louder and from the corner of my eyes, I saw shimmering in the air where she was or where she was supposed to be and after 10 more seconds, I heard one final loud huff, like a dog sneeze, and I was able to move again. I was frightened to say the least so I got up almost immediately, stared at my bed, then went downstairs to the kitchen where I just laid my head on the kitchen table, unwilling to tell my grandmother what had happened. After that event, I've never dreamt of my dog anymore although there were the occasions that she would grace them. I guess on that morning, it was her way of saying goodbye forever?
😕
jaz_horzel (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
my advice to you all, if this is
A physical being: put your webcam close to your bed and record everything of that night,

A spiritual being: light up some incense, burn a candle and put on some meditation music
jaz_horzel (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-16)
Hi, My name is Jasper and I JUST had an experience like this a few hours ago, I just got to sleep, I maybe had a hour worth of sleep maybe two? And I started hearing the buzzing as soon as I realized I couldn't speak I realized I couldn't move aswell. My body was completly covered in sweat. And once Irealized the buzzing on the back of my head it got turned up a knot, it went like BUZZZZ *click BUZZZZZZZ *click BUZZZZZZZZZZZ this was extremly frightening, I am a strong believer in spiritual entities, but I believe this is not one of them, I believe this is more of an extra terrestrial kind of thing, because you all explain it to have a physical shape (a hand, a shadow in the shape of a ninja,...) and the clicking as I heard... Well I'm shiat scared but after a few encounters with this spiritual physical or non-physical being I hope for a better and more peaceful way of meeting it.

Blessed be thy all
v-sing (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-20)
If you recorded your experience, what did you record? You only stated your experience while you were going through the sleep paralysis, but not what was caught on tape. 🤔
ashleykaye1991 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
Hi my names Ashley. Just last night I had the same thing happen... A little freaky to me. I had fell asleep... But I soon woke back up. I had my eyes half way open because I couldn't seem to open them all the way. I remember seeing something black... Whatever it was it scared me! 😲 So I tried to move but my whole body I was just paralysed and I couldn't do anything. Because of this I started panicking... And then my whole entire body started to shake. I told myself in my head to just calm down so I did that and then I was able to move and I was fine...weird? I thought I wasn't going to be able to fall back asleep but I eventually did with my lamp on lol. My close friend said the same thing happened to her the other night. She said she was laying in bed a few nights ago... She had her eyes shut... And she said she saw an image of hell (as in burning bodies etc.) She said she couldn't move or even open her eyes... She said when she was able to open her eyes... She saw a hand reach out to her. Her father told her about this because he knew of it happening. He told her that if it happened she should pray or cuss it out lol... So she said she began praying... And then she flipped on it... 😜
Very scary... Definetly no dream.
AMuslim (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
Peace be with you (Assalam walikum). I have personally had two experiences of being pinned down whilst feeling v.scared. I kept the experience to myself to find my Korean flat mate (from uni days) tell me that she had experienced the same thing.

On further investigation, it appears that this is a common occurrence around many parts of the world to many people regardless of who you are.

I am Muslim. This phenomena is very well known in Islam and easily explained. Although medical science is thoroughly encouraged in Islam it only goes a small way to explaining what happens to us when we sleep. To fully explain you need to bear with me and (at least temporarily) accept some Islamic concepts. For those who believe in God this should come easily:

1) Creatures called 'Jinns' (aka spirits) exist and can inhabit our dimension.
2) We all have a material and spiritual nature i.e. Physical body and a 'ruh' (aka soul).
3) When we sleep our soul has the ability to momentarily leave and exist outside our body (explains people and their out of body experiences).
4) There are good and bad natured jinns and they have the ability of freewill. Some of these are mischievous and enjoy being a nuisance to people i.e. Scare and bewilder people.
5) Only firm belief in the 'One (Al) - God (Lah) ' ('El-Loh' as Jesus (peace be upon him) called him in Ahramaic) can dispell any fear in these spirits and their antics.

If you were to google sleep paralysis and Islam then you would find how Muslims use certain verses of the Quran along with established washing practices (wudu) to protect themselves from these known fiends that plight mankind. In Islam, the devil himself is not a fallen angel but a jinn who's worship was so pure that he was elevated to the ranks of angels but his jealousy and discriminatory acts towards Adam led to him falling out of these pious ranks.

Remember that there is no power greater than God and to him belongs everything and all command.

Sleep easy and with no fear my friends. Assalam walikum (may peace accompany you - Muslims believe this to be the greeting of heaven).
coolcat123 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-16)
So I had the same exact expireince last night as you did, Jack. Once I was vast asleep, I had wocken up in the middle of the night to a buzzing noise. I felt that it was coming from my throaght, then sudenly I realized I could not move also. I am extremly religiouse and the only thing I thought of doing was to pray. I know for a fact that it was not a dream. I was talking to my mom about it this morning and learned that she had the same exact expierinces when she was pregnant with my brother. I'm only 16 and not pregnant though! Someone please write back and say give some options why this would have happened to me. Thankyou 😊
omgitsagu (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-27)
hi, my name is Agustina. My first experience with this was when I was only 14 years old.
I was sleeping, and I was dreaming, that I was with my cousic from uruguay, and we where looking at this abandoned house in Elizabeth, New Jersey. And all of a sudden in the corner of my eye I see something running towards me. So I turn to see what it was, and it ran towards me, until it was like face to face with me. It had pointy teeth, big scary eyes, horns, and it looked like a demon, like the devil, and then I screamed at me, like a scary scream, and that really made me want to wake up. I was awake but I was paralyzed. I was terrified, since I couldn't even lift a pinkie, I started to pray in my head. Everytime I said "GOD" the bed shook, and my whole body shook, I said GOD for like 4 times it I repeatedly shook and shivered. I started getting really nauseus, and dizzy, and I was sweating. Just imagine, trying to move with all power, that not even a muscle would move. Until I got mad, and I said to myself, This demon is not stronger, than me, so I pushed with all my strength to get up, and I sat up in my bad. I felt releved that I fought it. BUT I quickly fainted. I don't know why, but I did. Again the whole dream happened again. Except this time it was worse. I layed on my stomach, not on my back. And the demon thing ran towards me again, and again I tried to fight it. But I was weak, way too weak. And then I couldn't breath, I felt like someone had their hands around my neck, choking me. I was gasping for breath. I thought I was going to die. I was thinking about my sister, right next door to me and my mom, what would happen, all the good memories. BUT WHILE I WAS THINKING OF ALL OF THIS THE DEMON THING WAS STILL FACE TO FACE TO ME, SMILING. It never left my sight. And then I got angry. I was not going to let this kill me, or scare me, I was furious. I pulled myself up, slowly, and fell of my bed, to wake myself up completely. I was wide awake, I was dizzy, I was frightened, shaking, sweaty, and I felt likke my eyes where at the back of my head, except they wherent. I was scared of my room at the momment, I felt like someone was in there. So I ran with my dog to my sisters room. I woke her up at around 11:30 in the morning. And so I sat down, tried to relax, but everytime I closed my eyes I saw that thing smiling, so I cried, and got out the bible and read, I read until I felt safe, safe enough to sleep. Except it took me a while to fall back asleep. Who wouldn't be after that. Since then, it never happened to me again. The night was a terrifying, and it will probably happen to me again, except this time I will be ready. I'm with god, I am his child, the demon thing, or anything in darkness can take me. I'm fifteen now, this helped me become strong. I'm pretty mature for my age.
Christian_T (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
I had my first experince with this just last night. I thought I had woken up "it was around 4:00", and I was going to go to the bathroom, but when I tried to get up, I couldn't move. I then heard something moving around my room, but I couldn't move my head to see what it was. I felt a heavy pressure on my chest and I was terrified. I then seen a dark black shadow figure, and then a loud scream. It was as if I then fell close to sleep, but I could then move. I lunged out of my bed and turned on the light. There was nothing in my room, even though I was determined that there was. I didn't sleep for the rest of the night.
AznDestiiny (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-29)
Okay so I had a similar expierence, mine wsnt a dream but I was actually awake, I know this cause I then stayed awake all morning from this =x
😕
Yeah so last year at around 3am I woke up, couldn't sleep, so I decided to watch some tv, there was nothing on so I turned it off. Okay I wanted to go back to sleep so I turned and faced the wall I felt like something was behind me so I turned around to see what it was but I couldnt, my whole body was paralyzed, I couldn't move at all, so yeah then I saw black shadow of something from the wall going over me, I then heard a girl screaming really louly behind me and images of ghosts started flashing in my head. I tried to break free but I couldnt. This lasted for about 20 secs and then it stopped. I was so scared I couldn't sleep from there, and stayed awake until morning. =/
cardsgal89 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-18)
Hello my name Diana.

My first experience with this happened when I was about 13. I guess I had falling asleep on my back and started to dream about ghosts, then all of a sudden I woke up and couldn't move and felt or I guess heard a low and loud buzzing noise. I started to panic big time, and I thought I was being possessed. It didn't help my worries either when I started to feel myself start to float above my bed. When I finally came to I was terrified and refused to go back to sleep that night. I just sat curled on my bed with the bible in my hand. I told my brother about it the next day and he told me he's been getting the same type of experiences ever since he was like 12 or something. I then also found out that my father suffers from the same thing. So yeah thanks a lot dad. You see after that first experience I thought that my house was haunted. I kept having these episodes monthly. I've had experiences from having a small shadowy person standing right beside me at the head of my bed when I was asleep on my back, to waking up on my stomach to the feeling of someone practically jumping on top of me and holding me down. I realized that the more I fought the experience the more frightened I would get and the worse the experience would get. So now when I feel it happening, I just think 'aww crap' and just let it happen without fighting it. That made the experience less intense and sometimes is a pretty interesting experiences. My brother recently told me that its better to buy a eye folds for when sleeping because I guess he theorized that sleep paralysis starts to happen once I open my eyes and start seeing my bedroom. I don't know if that helps much but I think I'll take his word on it since he use to have much more terrifying episodes than me. He's told me he's had a shadowy figure cut him half as well the wall talking to him. And sadly my younger sister has started coming to me saying she's been having weird things happen at night. She's been telling me she's had a figure crawling into her room in an abnormal way and also seeing a tall black figure standing in the corner of her room, all while not being able to move or scream. So I have gotten several conclusions to these experiences. 1. Sleep paralysis can be heriditary. 2. It really doesn't matter which position you sleep when you get sleep paralysis episodes. 3. When you do get an episode, try not to fight it as much and just calmly tell yourself it will pass because the more you fight it the more terrifying it will get. 4. Try wearing eye masks when you sleep to try and avoid these episodes. (but that's just my opinion.)
Lawlerrrr (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-15)
My sleep paralysis experience.

I woke up slowly, at about 1:30 or so in the morning. I couldn't move and I immediately understood my situation; sleep paralysis. It's happened about 4 times before, so I knew what was happening, thank god. This particular experience was HORRIBLE.

I was laying on my back in the bed, and a low buzzing sound was on the left end of my bed. My room seemed illuminated... I sleep in pitch blackness, so this was terrifying. I started trying to move my eyes and my fingers, but I couldn't, no matter how hard I tried.
I then saw a large gray alien face with big black slits for eyes about 5 inches from my face, on top of my blankets. I tried to scream but couldn't, of course. The face disappeared suddenly, slinking back to the end of my bed. I felt relieved somewhat, but I still felt the presence of SOMETHING, somewhere, in my room... That's when I felt something grab my ankles, and start squeezing them around my blankets and pulling me toward the end of the bed.
That's when I started trying with all my power to move my arms and legs, and get the HELL out of there.
About 3 seconds after trying really hard, I "woke up" and flung myself off the bed, falling to the ground and then running to my mom's room.
When I jumped out of the bed I noticed I couldn't see a thing; it was completely black, which is EXTREMELY unnerving, seeing as it was strangely illuminated about 30 seconds beforehand.

I don't enjoy these experiences... AT ALL. These little sleep paralysis episodes are horrible, and the fact even doctors can't explain them very well is pretty unsettling.

-Lawler

P.S. I don't believe for a split second that sleep paralysis is spiritual or involves the dead. I believe it is purely physical.:]
zipzone (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
THIS HAPPENED TO ME! Only a night ago! It was the most weirdest thing ever I went to lie down on my bed and then I passed out lying straight on my back. I felt like I woke up but I didn't (maybe) and then I heard noises around me. I called out and I said "w-whos there?!" It seemed so real! I didn't get any answer though. I saw my closet start to slide close slowly and that's when I started becoming scared I didn't see any figure or anything though. Then I tried to move but couldn't and I tried to speak but my voice became really low no one would hear if I screamed. Then it got way scarier I felt and saw something like a hand push up the middle of my bed the matress stretched farther than any normal matress would without lifting and then my whole bed lifted up in the air higher and higher to the top of my room I made a noise like "uhhhHHHH" cause it seemed like it was going to try to crush me into the roof or something while lying on my bed. Then I tried my hardest to wake up and I did. Ide been having nightmares all nigth that night but that one was the one that stuck with me. Am 17 and live in Toronto Canada. When I think back now it seemed more like something was trying to mess with me or something more than hurt me. It felt so real though like if I was just resting and it happened. I don't think it was a out of body experience cause my bed lifted with me material things can't come in out of body exps can they? Has anyone found anything out why this mught have happened? (Ive had weird things happen before but nothing like this) I have had one other dream of me floating before this too but just a few meters up and only for small amount of time (ive never looked back at my sleeping body either which I hear happens with OOBE's) If any of you know anything about why this is happening please email me.
Mel (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-25)
Hey - a similar thing happened to me a few months ago. I suddenly awoke in the middle of the night and I got this intense buzzing/static sound in my head. At the same time, I couldn't move. I felt a presence behind me (I was sleeping on my side) and then I felt a pressure on my lower back, moving itself up to my head. It felt like either somebody was crawling on my bed or like they were pushing my back. Anyway, the more this feeling travelled from my lower back to my head, the more intense the buzzing sound got. I was terrified. I wished it away and I tried to move. I was frozen. I kept wishing it away and it eventually subsided.

I have since read up a lot on sleep paralysis. Some of it sounds logical and I've spoken to many people with similar experiences and unfortunately, we aren't a rare case! Since this expereince, it happened a few more times when I was least expecting it (minus the feeling of pressure). I don't know what to think. I am more fearful of the dark and sleeping on my side that I have ever been. But I do wonder where it could have taken me, if only I was more open to it. But, I think I have put up this wall now where I don't want to go there at all - three times was enough and it has not happened since.

You are very brave to remain open to it and join the ride. I don't think I would ever have the courage! Keep us updated!
JackEdwards (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-11)
Hello Stephanie,

I haven't had a dream like this in awhile, I think its because I have been sleeping better, it could be that you are not getting enough sleep, or it could be your first real crazy dream.
It could be that something is tyrying to take over you body, that's certainly what it feels like but you won't be harmed, try to let it happen, I have found that if you do not feel threatened by the entity it will give up or treat you to some sort of amazing super dream or out of body experience, let me know what happens in the future.

Good luck

Jack
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Well I am not Jack, but yeah I have had something very similar to that happen to me. You can click on my name and it will take you to my stories. I have experienced things that would make most people run screaming from a room. There are things you can do to protect yourself from attacks such as these, but first let me get a little background info. You said this happened for the first time last night. Were you stressed or overly excited about something before you went to bed? Which position did you wake up in, when this attack started?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
sweetheart (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
So I was reading your story over again and it seems like you enjoy these scary dream things? I'm 17 I don't know if it has anything to do with being young or what age but I just had my first one last night and I'm terrified to fall asleep. I'm somewhat relious but I felt like I was trying to pray when something just kept trying to stop me and I felt paralyzed and like something was trying to take over my body. Have you every had anything like that happen?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-06-12)
Hello Stephanie,

You could tell your story here on this site and I am sure that someone here may be able to help you understand what you went through and may be even help to you control it.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: