You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: I Saw A Ghost That Looked Like My Mom, She's Still Alive?

Real Ghost Stories

I Saw A Ghost That Looked Like My Mom, She's Still Alive?

 

I was 12 when this occurred.

I came home from school, walked through the doorway and started to take off my shoes. My mom then walked up to me, not saying a word but it looked as if she had just woken up, very tired looking. She stared at me for awhile, I looked up and say "hi mom!" She then turned around, walked around the couch, down the hallway to the bedroom, still not saying a word. I thought nothing of it at the time.

I ran into my brother's room where he was playing video games and started to show him something. He wanted to see it, but I wanted to show my mother first. He then said, "What are you talking about? Mom's not home." I replied "uhh, yeah she is I just saw her."

I walked out of his room and looked all over the house to find her, even our backyard... My brother was right, she wasn't home.

I told my family about it as soon as they got home, they find it very interesting.

I want to know what I saw.

It looked EXACTLY like my mom, and exactly like a person... Not see through like a ghost. It was the weirdest experience ever.

If anyone out there knows why or how this happened, and why was this thing appearing as my mom, please let me know.

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexZeee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JayR877 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
Why do people dismiss these stories purely because they have not experienced it them selves. Me and my eldest sister both saw a 'ghost' of my little sister when we were young. We use to get up early to play monoply (I no sad). Me and my eldest where making breakfast and my little sister was standing at the end of the kitchen doing nothing so we told her to stop standing there and go set the game up, minutes later she ran through the kitchen from the front room and ran straight through her own ghost as it disappeared into thin air asking what we were saying to her. We were both freaked out and never spoke of the moment to each other. Our parents then seperated and we had no contact at all for 8 years. After re-meeting each other 10years later or so we both remebered exactly the same thing. How is that possible I ask you?
I also remember one time waking up in the middle of the night probably around 3am when I was about 12 whilst top and tailing with a different sister to see a 'ghost' of this sister stood there standing beside her bed looking down at her. I thought it was my eyes playing tricks as I had just woken up but after closing my eyes petrified and re opening them it was still stood there. Needless to say again I was terrified and forced my self to sleep still shaking. There is DEFINITELY something out there whether you can only see it as a child or not.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
harrypotterfan2013 - if I am not mistaken you are of a very young age. How do you know they don't exist? There are many things out there that do exist and many people have experienced them. To my knowledge, a doppelganger is manifested through negative energy and can take form of anything or anyone. Ghosts CAN hurt you. If the spirit is vengeful enough, it can cause things to happen and move things, therefore they are very capable of causing harm. They can even control other spirits. I do not mean to point out your young age or mean any disrespect, but because you shut them out as "not real" or tell people that it's all in their minds is not in any way helpful.

The one thing I love about this site is that most people here have great experiences and is very accepting. We discuss what we've been through and expect helpful, resourceful feedback in return.

God bless - Notjustme
harrypotterfan2013 (16 posts)
-2
11 years ago (2013-08-30)
dopplegangers are not real and they can not kill you what it is its your mind messing around you was prob thinking of her or something
barnowl (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
What you experienced was a 'double ganger' a ghost form of your mother, who was well alive. I've never seen one, but I did read about them in "Seeking Spirits", a book by Jason Hawes & Grant Wilson, founders of The Atlantic Paranormal Society (TAPS), they have that show "Ghost Hunters". According to them a double ganger is a ghost that looks just like someone close to you, but will not speek or touch anything. In the case they discribed the double ganger was that of a man's wife, he would talk to it and when he would bring the subjuct up with his real wife she wouldn't know what he was talking about.
igowako (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-26)
yea, a similar thing happened to me and my dog a while back, my mum and dad went to the park to take my dog for a walk so I was home alone, then suddenly I hear my dogs paws on the wooden floor, at the time I was just lounging watching tv and id forgotten that they were out so it seemed totally normal. I turned around behind me to look at my dog and call her over and I saw her just walking by, I suddenly realised in a split second, that she wasn't supposed to be there, I turned back towards the tv in fright and looked behind me again, but no one was there so I was like 😐

I called my mum and dad who were still walking the dog and I asked if she was alright and they said yes... I don't know what that was but it was weird...
LewisR (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-29)
It's probably a spirit/demon copying your mother's form so you don't get freaked out when you see it! 😜
emily17 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-24)
this could be a spirt that has watched your mother and took her form.
tiki6 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
I have had the same experience, I gave a cat away that my son deeply loved (he is 21) I have been in contact with the family and they tell me that the cat is alive and well, but every time we go in the basement there she is/isn't.I don't know what to make of it, why is she here?
hgiog (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
I remember when I was very young, I thought to myself it would be nice if I could just let my body rest while I play, cause I wasn't tired but knew my body was. Some how I ended up playing with my sister and brother. When they first saw me they just looked at me and didn't know who I was. I told them hey I'm your brother. They just looked at me and said oh you look differnt. I began playing with them. I was starting to fight my brother for a car he was playing with, when my mother seemingly spooked by something, jolted into the hallway I was playing in, I suddenly realized I was supposed to be in bed. Next thing I knew I was waking up out of my sleep and was certain I wouldn't be in trouble as she peeked around the doorway to see me in bed. LOL

So I must say yes, you can be your own ghost while alive. But it seems to me that most often another spirit is helping you to do this, not always evil but I think more often then not a demon is involved. God will work this way in our lives to. So it doesn't have to be a bad thing.
soggypotatoes (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-25)
Maybe it was an "echo of emotion". Does that make sense? Hmm. They had an episode like that in Torchwood. Hmm... 😕
curtis354 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
i think its yor hous absorbing your mums actions in the house I could be wrong
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-24)
It's possible your mother was astrally projecting without realizing it. Sometimes all it takes is daydreaming for those that have the ability even if they aren't aware of it.
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-23)
You know angels and demons can come as they like, looking like what ever they want to. I think that this is a ghost, demon what ever you feel to call it, that hangs around your family and wanted to freak you out. Think about it. If it has been there in the home for some time, it knew your mom was gone right. That was the best time to mess with you. Showing its self as your mom is freaky. If I were a ghost that's what I would do.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Doppleganger that what it sound like, it can shape into what like your mom.
Oli (2 stories) (74 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Um, you never told us if your mom was alive or not? And are you the only that experienced anything like that?
jordash95 (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
there could be many different reasons for this to happen. One reason is that maybe a spirit took the form of your mother. Has it happened again since then?
Hammily (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
I think it might have been a doppelganger. Hm... I dunno? Is she still alive? The title kind of confused me 😕. But interesting story 😊
amanda_lynn (24 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
😲
Wow...that's frightening!

If I would have seen my mom, and she didn't say anything back, I would have been worried.

Uum, I don't really know how to help with this one, because if your mom was ALIVE, and you seen a "ghost", or what looked like it, but didn't really look like an actual ghost, it doesn't really make sense. Why would you see someone/something that looked exactly like her, but wasn't her?

Did your grandmother pass away, maybe?
If so, then it could have been the spirit of your grandmother, checking on you. (If she looks like your mother.)
xeveettex (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Loool I had the samme exact experience but at 3 o'clock in the morning... At first I was such a retard I woke up and my brother was in my room, but he spoke to me he said, "Vila I want to watch tv." and I spoke back to him and said, "No pavlin go back to bed... It's frickin 3 o'clock." Then I laid back down and fell right into sleep... Now that's weird, and sleep in a room with my sister and my aunt, but they were asleep and that day I just got back from Europe and I guess I was missing my brother a whole lot, so seeing him in my room was shocking after I realized and also cause my brother is scared of the dark and he was 8 at the time. Boooo I don't care too much... I just laughed at how lame I acted towards that ghost thing.
Nady911 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Oooh this is interesting... I saw on TV when one woman told that she saw her friend come to talk to her and they planned a joke on a friend. Then the friend went to where "he" was supposed to hide when the REAL friend came with the guy that they were going to play a prank on and the other friends claimed all they saw was a man with a motorcycle. It is so strange. 😕
sher2164 (3 stories) (31 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
Honestly, I think it's a ghost. My boyfriend said his Grandmother had a similar experience. She heard someone knocking at the door. She opened the door and it was my bf's Uncle. She asked him why he was there and he didn't answer. He just walked downstairs to the basement. My boyfriend heard her talking, so he went to see who she was talking too and she said she was talking to his uncle. He went downstairs and no one was there. His grandma swears that it was him, like how you said your mom appeared. They called his Uncle and he said he hasn't come over, he's been at home all day. I think it's a ghost and they can change their forms to anyone. Thanks for sharing your story.
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-22)
what a very interesting story. Very interesting, and you say you were 12 at the time? That's how old I am right now! Anyway, there are many different reasons, why you saw, what you saw. Now, the title mentions "... Is she still alive"now, I thought when you saw your mom your family was going to tell you that your mom died in a crash or something, but instead you brother told you that your mom wasn't home and was at work or something. So that was a bit confusing, now I thought it was very interesting, that when you saw your mother she didn't say anything, she just walked around and "disappeared" now I have a reason why that might have happened, your mother, could have almost died because of a car or choking or something when she was away from home. And it is possible that she thought or her spirit thought she was going to die so, she wanted to appear to you to make sure everything was okay, now another reason is that, you might have been so used to seeing your mother around, that you just say her from your mind. I hope I helped. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: