You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Lone Tree And The Ghost With A Message

Real Ghost Stories

The Lone Tree And The Ghost With A Message

 

I have submitted other stories here but this has been the Jewel of everything I've experienced and I' gladly share this story in search of a similar one from anyone out there.

My friend died roughly two years ago (I was never interested in keeping track) She was vibrant and being part of the debate team, can surely be classified as brainy. She was pretty too, being half Filipino and British. Hers was a combination of the gift of gab and wit and teachers already predicted that she would be successful one day. We lost touch over the years partly because after graduating from high school, we no longer traveled around the same social circles and partly because she attended College at the University of the Philippines. I did hear about her from time to time because of the social networks and through common friends but would never be able to talk to her when she was alive, after high school, we never spoke again.

I heard the news, she killed herself and her body was back in Davao for viewing for the last time. I went to the funeral home and was extremely saddened by the pictures of her when she was alive. She was so happy then. What happened? I saw her mom sobbing and asking for valium while her devastated dad just sat in the corner. I cried for the loss that I felt, for what could have been. I cried and I couldn't figure out why, we were not that close anymore...

Two nights after I went to her wake, I had a dream of her and unlike any dream, I could clearly remember what it was about and what struck me most was the landscape. She chose to speak to me on top of what seemed like a rocky cliff, the day was gray and there was a lone leafless gray tree standing in the middle of the landscape. I spoke to her and told her outright not to go scary on me, like show me bruises and blood. She smiled and said, oh, if I'd shown myself to you earlier that is what you would have seen. You only see what we feel inside. She explained that if she looked really gory and dreadful, that was what she felt. I then remarked, oh but you look pretty now. She said, well, I am ok now, but am just soooo tired. They won't let me rest. I asked her, who? My family but most especially my mom. She keeps crying all the time, she won't let me go and I am so tired. She can't let me go. My friend then asked me to tell her mom that she loves her and she wants to rest. She even asked me to tell her mom that "she was ok" I told my dead friend, that what if they weren't receptive to the message or what if they would think I was crazy or just really playing a prank on them? I asked her, what if I piss your family off? She just told me to TRY and just keep my promise. I asked her why she was telling me this and why I was talking to her instead of her family members, she said she did try but "you are the only one who is open" I promised her I would and then she said, you have to go now, they are calling you to come back, remember your promise. I said sure and then added, please don't haunt me. She smiled... And the next thing I knew, my alarm went off and I woke up.

I deliberated on how to contact her younger brother, someone who I WAS not close to but knew from school. It took me two more days after that to send an email and a friendster message regarding the event. I even said; please take it at face value since I might just have dreamed this all up. I told him, I just had to keep my promise to her.

I then called my friend who was also the person who informed me that she had already passed on. I described everything to him including the clothes she was wearing in my dream. There was silence on the other end; until he spoke and said "well you know that was exactly what she was wearing when she hung herself" I couldn't speak after that, believing in my heart that what I saw was real.

I went out to share this experience with one of my colleagues in the school organization I was in and when I started to describe the landscape, he asked me to stop and he described it to me, he said that it was a cliff overlooking the blue sunny sky with a lone leafy tree. I was totally shocked. It was like he described my meeting place to a Tee only it was a different season he was describing. I looked at him, and this NO non sense person just shrugged and said, my cousin died of cancer and we were close. He let me dream and in this place he told me I was ok. No more suffering. My colleague and I both wondered at the sheer coincidence of our story. Maybe there is such a place between worlds were messages of love can be exchanged.

I have always wondered what "open" meant but after that experience, my encounter with ghosts has increased dramatically.

*If anyone has had this experience or has seen this place, I would be so interested to know. Please email me wordgreaser[at]yahoo.com.

Other hauntings by wordgreaser

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wordgreaser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sonal12 (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-17)
beautiful account! It is so touching! I hope she rests in peace!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-13)
All I can say is this is a beautiful telling and I have tears in my eyes.
Regards
Red
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-09-12)
Wordgreaser - I'm not sure if you are still on this site or not, but I had to thank you for this story! It was so special to me because it taught me lots about afterlife. I believe life doesn't end when we pass, and through this story I felt a kindred spirit. May she rest in peace ❤. I find it really cool she chose to come to you and because you are "open"...makes a lot of sense to me. Thanks for sharing! One of my favs!- Notjustme
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
Nice story and a very sad one! 😊 I'm kind of interested about the tree and the cliff... I hope someone here can give some explanation to that... *it sounds like supernatural season 5 episode 16... Description of heaven... Heaven is a place were a person lives in his/her own ideal world or place...

-AYA
50ftqueen (5 stories) (34 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
I know her, I was one year ahead of her in ADDU, and I was in UP the same year she died. That was so scary; we had the same professor and she didn't come in for a week cause she was sooo shaken by her suicide.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-20)
thanks raven for posting this comment ❤ although loved ones dying is really a sad thing, but at least, imagined or otherwise we believe that some of them has really found peace.
char1y (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
The eyes changing colour was not why I wanted you to read the story, though I am the living proof of it. I wanted you to ready it because of the girl and the tree was closely related to your story, the only difference is the girl seems to be me.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
i had a friend who died two weeks after graduation. I had a dream of her but we do not talk. I believe you. I believe that it could happen not only to you but to everyone else who has an open mind and heart.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
[at] char1y: you have a very interesting story. I'm a bit skeptical about it though.
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-19)
Amazing story. I have one sort of like it:
My religion teacher from a few years ago had lost her father when she was little he was working in construction & there was an incident with some electric & a chainsaw. The night after her fathers death. She had a dream. She was sitting in her room. She looked outside across the street & saw her father standing there. She was so happy she screamed. "Daddy we were so worried everyone thought you were dead!" He dident reply. She ran outside from the other side of the street she followed him. By the time he had reached the end of the street she was in tears. Her father turned around & smiled at her. Then she woke up. She had this dreams for up to 10 years after her fathers death every night. One day her mother couldent take it anymore & made her go see a preist. When she told him the story he asked her. "why did you never try to cross the street?" She dident reply because she dident know. "Its because you couldent cross the street. Your father is trying to tell you that hes ok." She never had the dream again.
I thought that you would be interseted in that.

Amazing story!

~Tori ❤
char1y (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
"The Girl With Green Eyes" has detail about the girl and the tree.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
[at] char1y: what is the title?

Thanks everyone for your comments
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-18)
this account is very interesting. Thank you. And even though the family has not responded to you, you have done your duty, and the rest you must leave in the hands of God. Pray for this departed soul and her still living family, and entrust it to Him!
CJ (4 stories) (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
Very heartbreaking to know that your distant friend saw it necessary that ending her life would be the only solution to whatever personal things she was dealing with that led her to this conclusion. On that note, I also want to say that this recounting of what you experienced was also a very heartwarming tale. I think it is proper to say such a statement as being a person who has had a similar experience (though mine was under different circumstances and there was no cliff and lone tree... But rather an empty room and a single chair. Some similarities I'd say and I plan to submit that experience soon). Whether strictly a concoction on a subconscious level or indeed a unique visit from a departed friend or loved one, it still brings comfort to those who are feeling the loss. That I can attest to. I'm sorry to hear that you never received a response from your friend's family. That would have been nice for you to at least have a bit of extra validation. Thank you much for sharing your story. 😊
char1y (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
That made me shiver. Read my first story and you will hear about the same tree, but the girl... Well I will let you read it but please tell me what you think.
wordgreaser (3 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-17)
she just ended her life. Many had theories ranging from she was pregnant, to she was a drug addict and then to she became so depressed over certain views. I really don't know.

- I never heard from her family. The brother was not someone who I had good ties with at that time.: (
chopis (78 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Really nice story, and sorry to hear she ended up her life, what was wrong?, why she was so deppressed?, in any event, did you receive any answer from her family at all?
Thanks for sharing,

Claudia
gaarvaag (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
Tragic story, may she rest in peace now.

I think with open she may have meant you were the only one willing to accept spirits. I'm not a 100% on this but most people tend to block out spirits as far as I know. Even people who believe spirits exist may not like the idea of communicating with them.

Maybe you were the only one open minded enough to contact?

I'm not an expert or anything though, so I might be wrong.
Georgeisalegend (35 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
that is a really nice story lol its like a break from reading the spooky ones. That was very cool!
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-16)
I too have lost a dear high school friend, so I know what you mean about not keeping track of the time passing since she died. April has been gone just over 3 years now & its still hard to take. Do you know why she killed herself? She sounds as if she was too happy to commit suicide. This meeting place sounds beautiful. It makes sense to me that there would be a place on the cusp of the 2 worlds for us to commune if needed. I'm glad you kept your promise. You're a good friend.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: