You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Father? Possibly

Real Ghost Stories

My Father? Possibly

 

I was around 14 when this started and 18 when it ended. It's rather uncomfortable, so bear with me on this.

When I was 14 or so, my dad started looking at me in a way I didn't like. Anytime I was in the same room as him, he was staring like I was, well, not his daughter. I spent a lot of time outside reading or hiking just to be away from him. He was kind of a gross guy, and didn't care whether he used his toothbrush or mine or Mom's. Toothbrushes are sacred, and as we didn't want our toothbrushes violated, Mom and I started brushing our teeth and keeping our toothbrushes in the kitchen. I still brush my teeth in the kitchen to this day. Old habits are hard to break. I also developed horrible insomnia around this time. Dad was a heavy smoker, and his breathing was loud and wheezy. Not a pleasant sound.

One night while brushing my teeth I heard Dad's breathing behind me. I froze, afraid that he was going to try something. I turned around (better to face a threat head-on) and no one was there. I chalked it up to my mind playing tricks on me. Sleeplessness will do that after all. This became a nightly occurrence. Me brushing my teeth while the breathing kept on behind me. Dad was almost always in another room, only once or twice was the breathing actually him. Now, at this time, my father worked out of town for 2 weeks at a time, and had one week off. I slept some while he was gone, but even the 2 weeks he was gone, the breathing continued. And when he was home, he stared. This is where things get truly uncomfortable.

One day when I was 16, he was on his days off. I was sitting in the living room, when he called me into his room. Being an obedient moron, I went. He tried to molest me. I got away and ran as fast as I could into the woods, to my favorite place by the creek. Eventually I moved from the creek to an area that allowed me to see the house, but no-one from the house could see me. I hid in the woods until Mom got home from work, and told her. She of course was furious for the rest of the day, and then it was swept under the rug and forgotten. The staring stopped for a little while, but the breathing incidents got worse. I was thrilled when school started back up, less time at home. I started hanging out with one of the teachers after school. It was a church school, and this teacher was a very genuine Christian, she truly walked the talk. I considered telling her, but couldn't bring myself to. Mostly I just went to craft stores with her, and then camped out at the library until dark. Then home.

He'd started staring again and the breathing seemed to get heavier and wheezier every night. I started hearing it outside my bedroom. I couldn't be sure if it was Dad out there, or just that disembodied breathing. It all finally stopped when I was 18, and lost my virginity. It was like he knew, he stopped staring, and if he looked at me at all it was with disgust. The breathing stopped too.

After considering this for many years, I've got 2 possible theories on the breathing. One, it was a manifestation of what dad wanted to do. Two, it was a manifestation of my fear. I'm curious as to what others may think this was. Also, writing this out was a kind of therapy, so thank you for reading this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BadJuuJuu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
Hi charpam. I like your theories. 😊
I've come to the conclusion it was a poltergeist. There was plenty of tension to feed that sort of manifestation.
charpam893 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-26)
I'm sorry to hear what happened to you when you was younger. I have a couple of idea's what you were hearing could have been.

Some ghosts/poltergeists can copy what people are doing in the house. For example if your Dad was very controlling or had high ground within the family home it could have possibly copied him and do what your Dad was doing to you.

Or...

If his breathing was quite loud it could have carried through the house when he was there, especially during the night when the whole house was completely quiet. Not entirely sure about when he was gone for 2 weeks at a time though. That one boggles my mind.
darkcookie (24 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-13)
BadJuju I am sorry to hear this I have seen your post on this site and you are a very respectable woman.
Yomi (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-12)
This could have been a manifestation of your fear, but it may also have been a spirit. It could have been a sadistic spirit preying on your fears or it could have been a protective spirit trying to scare you into watching your back. I favor the latter since the breathing disappeared after you lost your virginity and your father lost interest.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
Ah---as a PS, Badjuju, if you are interested in the "ru-eh" which I described below, I note that Arc-en-Ciel who also commented on your post, here, hails from Morocco.

She will definitely be able to give a better explanation of the concept than I.
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-07-05)
Badjuju--I'm very sad that you had to go through that.

As many stars as are in the night Texas sky, are as many reasons that none of that was your fault. I don't know if you have read or heard of the accounts of Bill Bean. His story was featured on an episode of "A Haunting". He had a tormented childhood in a terribly haunted house. In his books on which the episode is based, he described an entity that could sometimes corral the nasty ones and chase them off. Strangely, this entity resembled his mother. His story and yours bring to mind the concept of a "ru-eh" which comes from Islam. I have studied various religions of the world, particulary with an eye to the aspects which are paranormal in nature, and in Islam, the soul of a person has certain aspects, one of which can be visible to others and manifest their desires. This rueh aspect of the soul is said to survive our deaths and accompany us in life. It almost seems to be a "dream self" as it were from the descriptions I have read and heard.

In the case of Bill Bean's mother, her rueh seemed to have manifested out of a desire to protect them and in the case of your dad, his desire to control and possess you in the nightmarish way which you described. Funny, when most rapists are asked what in the hell they were thinking, it will turn out not to have been about attraction so much as control.

You're a lovely being, as you know, who did not need nor deserve to be controlled. Domination is damnation, as a wise old man once said. I'm so glad you're out of that situation.

Better things are coming and some are already here. Blessed be.
koalagirl (3 stories) (111 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-28)
hi badjuujuu, so sorry what your dad did to, my heart goes out to you, you are very brave to share something personal, I believe it was a spirit hanging around you, hope you are doing ok. Di ❤
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
BadJuuJuu you make me the surprised and stunned you can see clearly and understand thoroughly my private that I never tell you before.
After you taught me about the ghosts and solved my problem, I changed an attitude be kindly to them and I really feeling better now.
I don't will adverse and want fight to them again.
Thanks
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
I need the positive energy and hate the negative spirits, I will try to find the (Dragon's blood incense) tomorrow and draw a line of salt, white sage is rare in HK, if can't I will use the plain white candles tonight.
Thanks you teach me about that.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
I doubt my father would have gone that far away to find someone to bother, but with ghosts anything is possible.
You sound like a really nice person who just gets tracked down by spirits alot. I have a couple of small suggestions that may help you get a little peace and quiet. When you are at home, burn lavender incense. Negative spirits don't like the smell. Dragon's blood incense works well for me too. Draw a line of salt at each window and every door that opens outside. If you can find a white sage bundle (smudge stick) burning that in each room will help as well. Light it like an incense stick, and walk through each room of your home while visualizing the smoke driving away any bad energy. I can only find white sage on the internet, SacredMists.com is where I buy a lot of my stuff. Burning plain white candles is also good. It releases positive energy into your space.
I think you have a strong medium ability, so for you I doubt any of these things would work completely. But it just might lessen the intensity of these visitations and make it easier to deal with.
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
(I alway play game in Hong Kong game centre, so I let him followed me go there, but I loss HK$200 at that day, so I shout at him while I turn back to home.)
I understand he no the fault so I had say sorry to him after he cried.
special (23 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-27)
Hi Badjuujuu,
A male ghost always found me these two months, he always make some 'breathing' voice to me, he always follow me and he can go anywhere with me.
I don't know why he found me? (he only speak enghish).
Before I advised to him leave me alone but he don't listen so I shout at him, but he crying at me.
Do you think this man is your father?
I haven't talk lied to you.
I understand people don't trust that if no evidence so I ready some records file, that sounds the quality very clearly
Not like as the website we found.
Thanks
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
Devious, without a doubt, in a round about way, it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I hadn't considered that it was keeping me alert, but it certainly did. You made me think about it from a different angle, thanks 😊.
Lolli, my father was a champ at drawing negativity, I'm actually relived that nothing (paranormal or otherwise) got worse than it did. Fearing something enough can make it come true, that is a fact.
Zoee, Devious, Lolli, thanks yall 😁
ghostlygirl3512 (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-19)
I hope you take zero offense to this, but your dad need to be kicked in the soft spot. Hard.
Im glad to hear you ran like Hell from your dad.
Also, yes, I think that it was a manifstation of what your dad wanted to do to you. Sikko.
If we believe something hard enough, it can become real. Dont know why, it just does.
It might also be that your father drew negativy entites toward himself, which then bounced to you, but your best bet would be the manifestation of your fathers fantieses.

Blessed be
Lolli ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-18)
BadJuuJuu, thank you for sharing your story with us. I know from experience that it's so hard to get things like that out in the air, especially when it's a family member that is doing or has tried to do terrible things to you. But now that you have, I really hope you feel better about it. I admire your strength and courage, and I wish I'd had it myself when faced with that situation.

I think what you experienced may have been a manifestation of your fears. I think, in a way, it was you preparing yourself for that moment when the axe fell and he WOULD be standing there behind you. I think in this way, your mind was prepared so that if the time came, you could react appropriately and get yourself out of there. It intensified because his actions toward you intensified. In retrospect, it might have been the best thing that ever happened to you, because it kept you on your toes and prepared for when he made a move.

Love & Light~
zoeee15 (2 stories) (13 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-06-02)
I think that, although a very sad story, it's somewhat marvelous that you're able to share it. This might sound a little stange, but have you ever thought that it was possibly somebody looking out for you, warning you about things to come?
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
opaleone, it sounds like we had some similar troubles. I'm sorry to hear that, but glad you're father wasn't so bold.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-29)
I agree that it sounds like the potent energies surrounding the household, managed to manifest a poltergeist. ("The breathing being a result of the fear and desire combined.") I'm actually surprise that it didn't get more agressive or pysical with you as time went on...
I'm sorrowful that you had to go through all that... My father was pretty much the same way, a horrible person. Except he was never as blatant about his urges...
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Thank you Arc. That's very kind of you, I truly appreciate it 😊.
Arc-en-Ciel (31 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-28)
Hai,
Thanks for sharing, I'm happy that telling us your story lighten your burden a lil' =)

I do think that the breathing you heard was the manifestation of your fears. You know (I'm sorry if my spelling sounds bad, I'm french) it happens when you read creepy stories or watch horror movies, at one point you start hearing or seeing strange stuff/or making up things in your head. Like, I have been reading stories on this site for two hours now, and today the wind is pretty violent here (I'm actually living in Morocco, on the atlantic coast, so sunny but soooo windy) and at the moment the cracks and bangs in the house seem so eery to me 😨 the wind rushing through the patio sounds like a cry from something. So obvious but so scary actually... Uuh. Well, it illustrates that our brain is playing tricks on us, sometimes.
That's why I think your hearing your dad's breath is a reaction to your stress and fear... Maybe it was your way to deal with it, I don't know =) I've heard of people who overcame their fears this way.

Anyway, take care of yourself. You know, here, in Morocco, we say white-hearted people will always be protected from bad vibes and bad people, and having read your comments on this site it seems you have a white heart in your chest. I wish you the best!

BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
No need to apologize Aussie. I think karma did it's thing. Strange as it sounds, it was probably a good thing that it happened. It taught me that it's ok to defend myself, and/or run like crazy, whichever seems the most appropiate to the situation.
Big thanks to all of you who responded. Yall are good folks, and I'm glad I stumbled onto this site. Blessings to all of you ❤.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-27)
Badjuu, granny does make a good point about the possibility of a poltergeist?... I feel your a very logical person and have some skepticism in the way you view the paranormal and that is truly a good way to look at all our stories and including your own... As that is the way you are presenting this account, I feel it probably was your fear and anxiety that caused this experience, but can not entirely rule out another cause... I wish you well in your recovery from a despicable act of family treason, as a father myself I can not understand how low this grub could go, hopefully karma will take care of him, I apologize for expressing my thoughts in writing, Lol

Aussie ❤
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
BadJuuJuu: That must of been a very difficult thing to go through I am glad you feel better for letting it go as you mentioned it is a kind of therapy to get things off your chest and to get it out there. Regarding the breathing I believe all our loonie bin patients have summed this up for you 😆 I'm glad you have gotten past this and have moved on and all the best for you in the future. Thank you for sharing your story with us. 😁

Dan
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Hi BJJ!
I'm so sorry to hear that your father almost molested you. Thank you for sharing it with us. It is not easy to open up such a delicate past. I hope you were over it now. The smell could be your dad saying sorry to you. God Bless you.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I hadn't really thought of a poltergeist. I always imagined poltergeist activity would be noisier. But since poltergeists are the result of emotional strain and tension, and we all agree that this was a manifestation of a bad emotional state, poltergeist activity seems a pretty darn logical explanation.
This whole mess sort of got dragged back into the light of day about a year ago by a nosy relative. I'm sure she meant well, but at the time I was furious that she couldn't just let sleeping dogs lie. In the end, her actions have forced me to deal with this, so in a way I'm grateful to her.
You have all helped me sort through the paranormal side of it, which in turn will help me to sort through the rest of it somewhat easier. Big hugs to all ❤.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
BadJuuJuu: I don't know if you adhere to the theory of poltergheist activity being a manifestation of a troubled person, but this is what it sounds like to me... That kind of activity doesn't always involve kinetics... Could be voices, touches, breathing, etc...

Thank-you for having the courage to share such an intimate occurance... And I think it will help, to just get it out of your system...We're here for you! ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
I don't think he ever tried to hurt anyone else that way. I was perceived as an easy target, until that day I had never acted in my own self-interest. I think he knew there was no one I could talk to about it either. Other girls would likely have had someone in their corner. I think he was just too pansy to take the risk with a girl who had a support system. I'm pretty sure he left other girls alone. At least I hope so.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Ok I see now that he's dead. But who knows about whether or not he's molested someone else?
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
Lass. You still need to report the dude to the authorities.

He didn't manage to molest you successfully, but he will try again with someone else. Assuming he's not done so already.

His lust/emotion was projected. And it will find another source. You owe it to any potential victims of his, to have him stopped now.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-26)
LOL! Too true. God bless the Loonie Bin 😆. A healthy level of insanity is good for everyone ❤.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: