You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Griselle

Real Ghost Stories

Griselle

 

This experience happened when I was 10 and it was amazing!

It was late afternoon and I was reading a book about paranormal encounters and sitting on the comfy sofa right beside the window. Both of my parents weren't home and my elder sister, my grandparents and my younger sister and brother were there with me at home.

I DO get kind of scared while reading stuff that has anything to do with ghosts but since I wasn't alone in the room, I wasn't that scared, either. But then, my grandma, who was there with me in the living room, got up and told me she was going to relieve herself in the restroom, so she left me alone in the room. Even though I was now alone in our big living room, I kept on reading and reading, until I fell asleep.

My dream was a weird one. I dreamed that I was playing with my dog Puffy, who died after getting hit by my neighbor's car. I was playing with Puff when the door knocked and I ran to it and opened it. A little girl was there at the door, and she was staring at me hard. I greeted her and asked her what she wanted, but she just stared at me and pointed at Puff. Then she said, "Give me back my dog." I was surprised at this and told her that Puff was MY dog, and closed the door on her, but she blocked it from closing with her foot, and entered the house. I started freaking out and ran, then at one point, she had me in a headlock and that's when I woke up, feeling dazed and confused.

Then I sat up on the sofa, picked up my book and was just about to put it back in the bookshelf when there was a knock from the door. When I looked at it, the knocking stopped. I thought it was nothing and put my book in the bookshelf, and there were knocks on the door again. I walked to it and opened it, and to my shock and surprise there was the exact girl who visited me in my dream! Then, she entered the house and sat on a chair, just staring at me blankly.

Of course, I was scared, but I decided the little girl would leave me in peace if I gave her what she wanted. Right? So I said exactly what I asked her in my dream, "What do you want?" The girl did not answer, but walked to the bookshelf and got a picture of me and Puff, and pointed at Puff. "Him," the girl said in a low voice. "I want my dog back."

I was like, "oh no you won't!", and explained to her that the dog she wanted was MY dog, and besides, it was already dead anyway. But the little girl said," That doesn't matter. I want my dog back." I was starting to get annoyed and frightened, so forgetting my manners, I told the girl rudely to "Get out of the house and don't come back!"

To my great surprise the girl burst into tears, gave a yell and ran out of the house.

That night, as I lay in bed, I had a hard time going to sleep because my mind was totally engulfed thinking about what had happened earlier. Had I really been that rude?

I decided that the only way I would fix it was to go to her and apologize, then offer to buy a dog for her. (With my grandma's permission.)

So the next day, I went out to ask my neighbors if they knew about the little girl. But they were confused and told me that the only "little girl" they knew about was their own little daughters and their little friends. So I asked among the little girls but they told me they had no idea what I was talking about. Then, one of the girls raised her hand and said, "I used to have a friend named Griselle. She was shy and she had a cute little Yorkie dog. But one day, her Yorkie ran away, and she went nearly mad looking for it. Then one day, she happened to see another Yorkie across the street and thought it was her dog so she crossed the street without looking, and was hit by a car. Of course, she didn't survive the accident." I thanked the girl for the information she gave me and went back home... To pray for Griselle. I prayed that her soul would be in peace, and of course, that she finally find her long-lost Yorkie.

That night, as I was about to fall asleep, I prayed again for Griselle and her dog, that they would stay in peace forever. And at midnight, I had another encounter with her.

The door knocked and without waiting for me to open it, Griselle went in, looking very happy. She went over to me and stooped down to hug me. Then she whispered in my ear," Thank you so much for helping me find my dog!" went to the middle of my room and crouched down, clapping her fingers at the open door. "Cathy, come here! Come here!" she said, and a little Yorkshire terrier ran into the room and into it's owner's arms. I had a good, happy feeling as Cathy licked the face of Griselle.

Then Griselle turned to me and said, "Thank you so much that I finally found him! I have to go now." And with that, she and her little dog slowly faded into the darkness.

I had a hard time falling asleep again, but because I kept on wondering wether or not what had just happened was real. But whatever! I had an encounter with a ghost, and it didn't matter if people will believe me or not.

But here's ONE wish I've had in my mind all along:

If Griselle WAS still alive at that time, I swear I would've wanted to become her friend!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, secret_ghost_mystic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Sorry, but this sounds like a fictional ghost story to me. Charming and cute, but fictional all the same. That's just my opinion, take it or leave it. I think you were bored, lonely and reading about the paranormal so you probably dreamt this whole thing.
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
"Who are you to say it isn't true"
Well, being that this is the comment section, I think anyone has the right to come aboard and say what their opinion is... As long as they aren't being rude. The author is free to jump in any story of mine and give her honest opinion. If that opinion is out of line, unintelligent, or written out of spite... She will probably be called out by other members on it.
Pretty much how these electronic bulletin boards operate... As far as the story itself, sorry, but it is my opinion that every bit of it sounds untrue to life experience, and reads more like a tween story.
zombiesarecommingforme (3 stories) (32 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
It's honestly not that hard to keep up with people. The little girl's dog ran away, it probably ended up dying as well. Who knows how long she was dead. Who are you to say it isn't true? It is very plausable. Not trying to argue, just supporting the author here.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
More like a 'Very special afterschool Special'.You have to use two specials so it will have that extra special feel good ending that we... Forget it, I hate myself for even trying.
😠
aya22 (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
Me too Pjod, I guess this one is just way too over our heads... 😉
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-24)
oh brother, I suppose I just can't keep up. I tried, really I did. Too much like a bad, childrens story book, or something.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Freaky story! I believe it, why would anyone make it up? Secret ghost mystic might of been dreaming, but it seems like it was too real, secret ghost mystic woke up after the dream (the one where the girl, Griselle comes to the door). Happy you prayed for her and found her peace.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
Wow! Cool story! I'm happy you pray for her. I'm sure that's what helped her find her dog also. Is sad how she died at such young age. I'm glad you helped her move on, or at least be at peace.
I believe your story not only 'cause I've experience weirder stuff but I also have come across people who have helped other spirits move on.

Thanks for sharing!

Looney 😊
clo-clo (4 stories) (26 posts)
-3
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
I don't think they ment if it actually really happened with people... I think they were referring to the paranormal dudes? And the dog she was hugging at the ed was er dog that was dead that she found? Try keep up people:)
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
i don't think this really happened. It is a nice story though.
hannaho11 (11 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
yeah no offence but I think this is fake "/ all of that wouldn't happen in real life, maybe you was dreaming it or imagining, seriously that wouldn't happen in real life -.-
LumenFilia (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-23)
I'm a little confused. You said your dog died, what dog was she hugging at the end?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: