You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Woman In The House

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In The House

 

I moved into a three story house in Mundubbera with my mum and my 4 other siblings, the youngest was only 4 months at the time. I had moved into the room across from my mum's and every time I walked out of my room I noticed the youngest watching me from the cot. First I didn't think anything of it but I then realised she wasn't looking at me but behind me.

I couldn't get my head around it but one night I was lying in my bed when I noticed a shadow near my door. I thought I was just seeing things so I rolled over and pulled my sheets over my head. This went on for 4 nights.

Than one day I came home from school really angry and locked myself in my room. I sat on my bed drawing like I do when I got mad. When I was sitting there I heard someone talk to me, it was hard to understand. I just thought it was my brothers downstairs.

I walked to the garage where my stepdad was sitting having a smoke and I asked him if he had experienced anything weird (he is a big believer in ghost and life after death.) He said that when he was shaving in the upstairs bathroom the door would slam shut and he had seen the handle move before it flung back open, so he never used the upstairs bathroom again.

The next morning I was sitting watching TV with him before he went to work. No-one else was up and I wouldn't have been but I had a sleeping problem. We sat and watched for a little when we heard a knock on the door so he answered it but no-one was there. In the reflection of the TV I could see something standing behind the couch. I went up to my room after my stepdad had left and found the previous owners of the house. I had asked them if someone had died in the house and they said yes. There was a lady who had lived there with her mum and dad. She had a son who was about 5 or 6 at the time. He was in the bath and she went to grab him out and slipped, hit her head and drowned in the bath. The young boy ran downstairs and told the parents. So that was who was in the house.

I came to terms that she was watching over us kids because I believe spirits won't leave this world when they have unfinished business. So knowing what had happened I didn't want her to feel lonely so when I was upset or angry I would lock myself in my room and talk to her. I would sometimes get a response like "it will be okay" or "I am here for you."

I soon got used to it but we couldn't afford to live in the house anymore so we moved to a cheaper one and it has a ghost to but all you can hear is him stomping around. It is usually only me and my stepdad who experiences all this stuff and sometimes my mum and younger sisters and brother but not my older brother. I Haven't told anyone about talking to her and seeing her in my room.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, britclem1234, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

britclem1234 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-20)
I had contacted the original owners, I dint find them in my room sorry for the confusion. And I asked my stepdad if he had experienced anything weird because he is a big believer in paranormal beings, ghosts and life after death.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Hi britclem1234, I appreciate the investigation you have done. I hope that what Miracles said is correct. But, as lady-glow said, you have already handled the situation and you no longer live in that house.

I want to ask you a question. You said that when you came out from school angry and started drawing, you heard noises and you thought that your brothers downstairs were making noises. But you came to the garage and asked your stepdad if he had experienced anything weird. Why? You thought it was your brothers but what made you to ask your stepdad if he had experienced anything weird?

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
I may be being way to literal... But its the way it reads. Besides, I do have other questions, just waiting of the O/P to return.

Respectfully,

Rook
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Normally I would leave things like this alone and give the o/p a chance to respond, but this time I'm going to give my interpretation of what the confusion is about.

She never said she found the previous owners in her room. What she said was, "I went up to my room after my stepdad had left and found the previous owners of the house. I had asked them if someone had died in the house and they said yes."

My interpretation of this was she found them online and contacted them. I'm not saying I'm right in this assumption, but it never struck me that she found the previous owners in her room 😕 And if this is the case, it may lead to all sorts of questions too.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Like Rookdygin, I don't understand the part where you found the previous owners of the house in your room and would appreciate if you explain.

I have some questions:
How long did you live in that house?
Have you checked if the information about the lady dieing there is true and if so, when did it happen?
What kind of help do you need? It seems to me that you handled the situation very well and you didn't have problems while still living there. 😕

Thanks for sharing.
lilmorenah (2 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-14)
I have tried talking to the spirit but one of my friend who has the third eye too just told me that spirit will stay more when we show our care to them.

So then, I just told the spirit, "What they want. Leave us because they should not stay on here because they are dead."

With that, they don't bothered me anymore.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-14)
Ummmm question concerning this statement...

"I went up to my room after my stepdad had left and found the previous owners of the house. I had asked them if someone had died in the house and they said yes."

What were the previous owners of the house doing in your room?

Respectfully,

Rook
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-13)
Hello britclem1234,

You did really well on doing some research on the house. And hats off to you for communicating with that spirit, which seemed to be a nice and caring one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: