You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girl And The Ambulance

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl And The Ambulance

 

My name is Katie Molloy; I'm 18 years old and live in Blackpool, England.

When I was 3 - 4 years old, I was standing in my bedroom staring out of my window. We lived across from a park, so there was plenty of activity going on for me to lavish my attention on. Suddenly out of nowhere I saw a little girl and an ambulance, this was no modern day ambulance, it seemed old, not from this time. I showed my mum where the little girl was standing but my mum could see nothing.

Quite startled by this, my mum spoke to the little old lady who lived next door, and who had lived there for many years. We found out that where our house had been, two house's as we lived in a semi-detached, there used to be a road, on that road a little girl had got run over and died. It's also within the house deeds that before they were built there was nothing but a road there.

I know it's not the scariest of experiences but an experience is an experience, and I feel as if it should be shared, personally I need help on it, even though I'm older now, it's something that doesn't leave you.

Could this have possibly been what I saw?

They do say that children are more in tune in the spirit world than adults are.

Could this be one of those occasions?

I gratefully have seen nothing since.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kt10930, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

VoxMortuus (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
I agree with Tonith - you very likely got a nice glimpse of a residual haunting. What makes yours more elaborate than most is that you saw accompanying objects like the ambulance. Most only involved figures.
Kt10930 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Thanks for your comments everyone, these have proven to be very helpful, and have made me feel tons better, thanks 😁
Dan (1 stories) (51 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
Hello Katie and welcome to YGS.

This is very possible that you saw what you described. This is most likely to be a residual haunting. (A repetitive haunting, a replay on the past events.) Are children more sensitive to spirits? Well I believe that to be true, this strengthens as to why you could see the events and your mother couldn't. Experiences like these will normally stick in our minds well into our lives. In my view reading the story I believe this was one of those cases indeed. I hope that helps, just my input.

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Sora (3 stories) (19 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
i would have to agree. It would be very sad if she was stuck there mostly because that's a sad thing to have to replay over and over again. I would also have to agree that more children are able to see them better than we can. Its like we all have a sixth sence that fades away with time or gets stronger with time. Either way, what you saw is what you saw and it is an interesting experience. Thanks for sharing it ❤ ^_^
raja1020 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-26)
I agree with tonith or maybe she just wanted someone to notice her. I woulndt worry about it
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-25)
Maybe you just saw a residual event from the past. You would think you would have seen the child lying on the road but what you may have seen was her spirit standing there while her body was being transported to the hospital. I would hate to think she is still stuck there but being that you never saw her again I would think it was just residual. Yes and I agree, when you have something like this happen to you it stays with you. You were very young at the time but it still stayed with you. I would think most of us have at least one incident through out our lives that we can't explain.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: