You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Dead Letter

Real Ghost Stories

Dead Letter

 

My story is not based around my personal experience, but a close family member of mine. My Uncle Lee (Shermen Lee Tolle) has always loved to tell us kid's ghost stories when we were younger, staying over at his house on the weekends. Although most of his scary stories were make believe, he shared a very interesting, but very surreal ghost experience. The story I am going to share with you, is very real, and also my Uncle Lee has proof to prove this insane story is 100% real. Please enjoy.

My Uncle Lee was born on March 13, 1940 in a little town just outside of Kentucky. Born to a poor family barely surviving as it was, my Uncle Lee's father (my grandpa) was a hardworking man, out everyday hunting for food, and chopping wood for fire. For years the family kept a secret hidden away in the dark from my Uncle. The secret was, once my Uncle Lee was born, he was not the only one. He had a twin that was born 3 minutes after he was born. Although my Uncle was a healthy new born, unfortunately his twin Eugene Walter Tolle died a little under an hour after birth.

Any way's to jump to the point. My Uncle Lee Received a letter stating and I quote: "Wow... It is a blessing to visit you in the upcoming weeks. I have missed you all your life. I love you very much. We never got the chance to meet, but I assure you, when that time come's it will be a memorable moment for the whole family. I'm coming with a special gift and leaving with the love from the one woman that left me in the dark. Take Care. Love... "The letter was dated May 8, 2004.

After receiving such a creepy anonymous letter, my Uncle decided to only share the letter with his wife Sheryl Tolle (my aunt) and my two cousin's and i. After a couple week's past, on June 14, 2004 my grandma (my Uncle Lee's mother) past away from an unknown illness. Know body in my family has spoken a word about the letter, not even my Uncle. Could it have been His twin brother?

Creepy story!

Thank you for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lethalpoet, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elfstone810 (227 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Girlymadness, it's a pretty commonly held belief that children and infants who die, if they cross over instead of becoming ghosts, continue to age as they would have in life.
girlymadness (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-04)
Why is this one of the ghost stories on here? The letter so obviously wasn't from his twin brother because his brother died as a baby so he would have come back as a ghost baby, if he even came back at all. The letter was probably from someone who pretended to be his twin as a joke or something. This letter can easily be explained. So I don't see how this could be considered a ghost story, there's nothing ghostly about it.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-01)
Jeepers! I just stumbled across this story, and though it's quite a while since you posted this, I simply had to make a comment. What a cryptic letter! I find communications from the dead through tangible mediums to be fascinating; such as phone conversations, texts, and even letters. There is so much meaning that could be found within that simple message. I'm guessing your uncle kept the letter. Was it hand written or typed?
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-15)
Hi, just picked up on this story...wow!

I was thinking, maybe the gift was being there to help your grandmother cross over? Maybe he was with her and you all just didn't know it, but, the event was memoriable and it would have been a gift to be met by the beloved son she lost so many years before. They would have left together and he definantly would leave with her love.
theroy 2: This letter could have been written by a local medium who got a message from Eugene for you and just passed it on. Theroy 3: I was also thinking there may have been another sibling who was put up for adoption, is that possible?

Thanks for sharing, hope the mystery can be solved. ❤
ams112700 (27 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-02)
Amazing story! Maybe somehow your Grandpas twin brother made your Grandma sick because she hid him in the dark for so long!
lethalpoet (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-07)
d_e_v Yeah it was crazy when I actualy saw the letter it-self, I got the cold chill's. It's a really cool, but creepy story. I have no clue what the "Special Gift" would have been. But it was crazy because right after the letter was sent, my grandma dies a few weeks later.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-06)
I have to say I find this to be very creepy. Great story! I can't imagine what I'd do if I got a letter like that. Thanks very much for sharing this with us.
d_e_v (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Even if disturbing at first, I think it's cool. Just a gesture to say Hi and not too scary. What do you think the "special gift" was?
watermoon (2 stories) (54 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-05)
Wow I don't think it creepy it pretty cool that his twin brother sent a letter to him. I am sure he just wanted to say hi since they never really knew each other and to tell everyone that your grandmother was going to pass away.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: