You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Grandpa Or Ghost?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa Or Ghost?

 

My story starts the day that my grandpa died. It was my cousin's 15th birthday so I and my mom went to go buy a cake and run other errands for my grandma. Every place that we stopped at us found a dime. I keep finding dimes to this day everywhere that I go.

On my first day of high school we prayed to my grandpa to be with me and at the end of the day I closed my locker and found a shiny dime on the floor below it. I have looked at something then looked again a second later and surprised to find a dime in the same spot that I just looked at.

I think the weirdest dime story that I have still gives me chills. My mom and I were in the drive-thru for a restaurant and we both got a chill at the same time, we turned and looked at each other and asked if we felt the chill? I shrugged it off and we ordered and my mom kept picking up dimes when she reached into her change purse.

The thing that makes this story weird is when we pulled up to the window, the clerk lady gave us our change back and told us that they JUST ran out of quarters and gave us a handful of dimes. This creeped me out more than anything. But that is not the end of these weird happenings.

Lately I have been seeing this black shadow figure in my hallway at my house and at my work. I have also heard things when I'm home alone, one experience was when I was home alone lying in bed sick and I heard someone say "Jessica, wake up and downstairs, your mom wants you." I was so scared that I just laid there. I have also felt like I have been watched by someone or something, but no one is there.

I'm writing this to ask for advice or help. I really want to know what I am experiencing and if it is paranormal or not. Please help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, confused101, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

confused101 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
Thanks everyone, I do believe my grandpa leaves the dimes. I have some weird stories about that.

This shadow thing that I see scares me when I see it, I'm not sure if it is my grandpa or not cause one time I saw it go into the bathroom in my house so I followed it in there and saw a dime on the bathroom floor. So that makes me think that it's him.
On the other hand there is an alleged ghost at my work and I have seen this black shadow figure there too.
When I see it I don't feel calm or anything, it kind of frightens me.
EliteParanoid (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
I laughed at the part where they person gave you all the dimes. XD Sorry, it was just sort of silly.

But I think it is your grandpa giving you all the dimes, maybe? Or it could be a coincidence.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
confused101,
No need to feel confused, you know it's your Grandpa leaving you all the dimes. I know it's not easy to say out loud but you feel it in your heart and that's what counts. I have had similar occurances with my mom but it's with Rosaries. Don't get me wrong, I don't just look down and find Rosaries all over the place. That would be drazy. But I do go out hunting with my metal detector now and then, and sometimes I'll go through the spurts of finding pieces of Rosaries. It will start and stop at odd times that have no significance, that I can find, related to any dates, holidays, anniversaries, etc that pertain to my mom. But I know it's her and each time I find a piece I just smile to myself and tell her thanks.
So when you find dimes just know it's him. ❤
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
confused101 - I read a story somewhere, not on here I don't believe, that dimes are a sign from someone who has passed.

I also wonder when I find dimes in the oddest of places who they are and what happened to them. I feel strange picking the dimes up, because I don't think they're meant for me. But I pick them up anyway. 😕 Hmmm... Now I wonder if perhaps I should just leave them. Never thought of that before. Maybe I've been taking a sign meant for someone else. Darn.
maryann5 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
if I didnt' have a ghostly experience I never would have believed any of these stories... But it happened to me also- my father died in 1992- when I was going through a hard time in 2001, my father actually woke me up to yell at me... Can you imagine someone coming back to yell at you... But that was just the thing I needed to get over my sorrow... Their love never goes away and I'm happy he is watching over me and my children...
healer (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
My boss has had the same thing happen to her since her mther in law passed away! When times are tough, or she is stressed, she finds dimes everywhere! In the car after an accident, in her bed, in the bathroom.

She drove me to work one day, and I opened up my laptop and a dime fell out! How does a dime get in a closed laptop, I will never know. I just handed it to her and said, "i think this is yours"

Apparently dimes are something that loved ones leave to let you know they are still there.

Its a blessing, not a curse! Xoxo
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
It sounds paranormal. I will have to agree with taz on this one about it might be your Grandpa letting you know that he's alright and safe. But this other entity sounds like something else. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, tell it to leave.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
I had the simple like this about my grandpa who pass way too he use there when I smell him... It might be your grandpa that let you know that he is there watch out of you and your family and let you know that he is okay.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
hi there confused101 a quick question here to start off, did your grandpa give you dimes when he was alive? Little things like this happen when some one has passed on a song heard, a smell or finding something will trigger thoughts of that person.
Just after my gran passed I kept finding fifty pence peices in strange places and I knew that it was my gran telling me she was ok and with me at the time.
I would meet her off the bus and walk with her to our home and she would give me fifty pence before she left.
I do feel that this is your grandpa trying to say he is ok without frightening you like with the chill you and your mom felt he was with you then and wanted you to know in a non frightening way.

Now when you say your seeing a shadow do you get a feeling from it? Is it frightening or do you feel "ok" with it? Again it could be your grandpa trying to get in touch with you but if you do feel frightened by it then tell it when you see it you don't like it happening and ask it to stop showing its self to you.
Hope this helps you
Carl

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: