You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Possible Possession?

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Possession?

 

While at a friend's house I suddenly became dizzy and lightheaded, and being pregnant I figured it was just nausea so I went to the bathroom. All of the other people in the house were located in the bedroom and I shut the door behind me after exiting the room. The bathroom is located directly across from the bedroom and I knew the layout of the apartment very well because I live in an identical apartment, but for some reason I couldn't find the bathroom door or light.

As soon as I walked out of my friend's bedroom and shut the door I dropped down, not onto my knees but onto my hands and feet. I was completely conscious but everything was black and I could not control my own body, which was moving strangely. I could feel my head rolling around and my arms and legs were carrying me into the bathroom in jerking, almost Jell-O like motions. Almost like in scary movies when someone is possessed and they do the crab walk upside down with the spinning head. But, I was not upside down and my head only rolled around, it did not spin.

Once again I knew what was going on but couldn't see or control any of it. I finally regained sight and I had my hands on the side of the tub and my legs were on the other side of the toilet. I stood up and went to turn on the bathroom light and shut the bathroom door, because I did not want anyone else to see me like that. I was afraid to look in the mirror, and was still feeling very out of it. I lay down on the bathroom floor not moving.

My boyfriend came to the bathroom to check on me because he said there were knocking noises coming from the bathroom. Which I thought was strange because at this point I was not moving at all. After he came into the bathroom he got me to stand up and look in the mirror. When I did, my face looked different than usual and the bags under my eyes were considerably darker. Also I was covered from head to toe in a cold sweat that was slimy in texture.

After we left the house all of the symptoms I was feeling disappeared and I seemed fine. I have never been a seriously religious person, or had strong religious beliefs so I'm not exactly sure what happened; all I know is it wasn't normal. I am seriously freaked out especially since I am pregnant... Does anyone have advice on what I should do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, amberlyn, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Vikstal (4 stories) (64 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-04)
I think you should check in with your doctor rather than think you were possessed. When your body is either physically or emotionally overwhelmed it can react in weird ways and sounds like this is what happened to you.
I'd suggest not to think of any demons/negative things especially in such a fragile state.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+4
13 years ago (2011-04-03)
amberlyn,
Congradulations on the upcoming arrival of your little bundle of joy!
Sorry for having to switch over into serious mode but I see no sense in wasting any more time than you already have. I agree with inJanuary that what you experienced at your friends apartment sounded more like a seizure than any type of paranormal malady, and why you didn't go directly to your doctors office or urgent care once you were able is quite troubling. I regret having to use any 'tone of voice' here, but the fact that you are carrying a child compels me to do just that. This is real life here, you are now responsible for that tiny miracle you are bringing into this world, you are bringing forth life. That's a big deal. Every decision you make from here on out must be made with the utmost care and forethought for the health and welfare of both you and your baby.
The rules for deciding if something is paranormal or not always begin with trying to find an answer in nature first, you have to eliminate any possibility that what is being experienced cannot be duplicated in nature or environment, physically or medically. You don't take the short cut to a solution just because you're pregnant. It's because you are pregnant that you must stick to the rules at all costs. Get out of that mindset and get your butt to your Doctors office. Tell them everything, insist that they give you a full going over. Write down every detail you can remember and any questions you have and bring that with you. But do it as soon as you can. When you call in to make your appointment make sure you tell them you had seizure-like symptoms, that will go far in getting you in to see them sooner. But if it doesn't, then find a new doctor.
Please do this before anything else, it may be nothing, but wouldn't you rather know for sure?
❤ 😕 ❤
Chaos_Moon (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-02)
Would this have had anything to do with being pregnant?... Maybe the child?...
And yes, contrats ^_^
xParanormancyx (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-01)
That would be a terribly scary experiance! I would definietly be scared like you were, but I think this was just a seizure, not a possession. I would suggest a doctor's examination, especially because you're pregnant. Congrats on the baby and thank you for the interesting story!
lynrinth (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Everyone has a lot of opinions, and they are all right. You could've had a seizure... Or a 'demonic probe', though never heard of that one before. You never mentioned of your friend's place has had paranormal activity. Perphaps if you mention it to your friend, see what he/she says? If yes, perphaps go to the doctor and check everything out. Then maybe talk to a pyschic, or someone in this field for anything that could've been related to demonic activity. Just be careful if you go over to your friend's place again. Maybe... Just don't.
JimD (431 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
Hi;

It could be a demonic probe. I'm not really sure on this one, but I do suspect so, assuming you're being honest. The knocking alone stands out, especially since you didn't do it. I'm getting really busy prior to Easter, but it's all good and I'm not complaining. I counsel getting and using Catholic Holy water, especially on the beds and at night. Also, invoking the names of "Jesus and Mary" helps a lot. Email me, if you like or need more at Dukes2352atAOL.com. Hang in there.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
This sounds exactly like a seizure. I really do hope you've had a medical examination, like BJJ suggests. I'm also curious as to why you assumed so quickly that this was demonic possession.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I agree with BadJuuJuu, I would go and have a check up... Your blood pressure may be a little high and perhaps you stood up a little too quick... It sounds like you had suffered a little vertigo in the process... (disorientation due to a loss of a reference point) the banging on the bathroom wall may well have been your guardian letting your boyfriend know you were in trouble... Perhaps also due to the lack of blood flow through certain vessels in your brain at the time... It may have given you that feeling of floating out of body, which would add to the confusion of your experience,meantime, I would suggest to get up slowly and wait a minute or two before moving around just to be safe, take care.

Daz
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-31)
I have to agree with BadJuuJuu. Normally when you are possessed, you don't remember what you did or where you are, etc. My Husband has been possessed, and he won't remember a thing. But I have to add, that maybe it was something in your friend's house/apartment that made you have this reaction (dust, allergens, etc).
Congratulations on your baby and hope the pregnancy runs as smooth as possible for you.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
inJanuary (1 stories) (12 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Honestly?

I think you may have had some kind of seizure (or something).

This story reminds me of a strange seizure that I had about 5 years ago. I'm not prone to such medical issues and never before or after had I experienced a seizure.

My body became very difficult to control, I couldn't see well and even blacked out. I was shaking very small rapid shakes that I could feel but others didn't see. I could not move.

I found this site for you: http://www.gynob.com/epilepsy.htm

It states that you can have a pregnancy induced seizure. I hope you went to a doctor.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+3
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
After this episode, did you visit your doctor? I would want to be sure that myself and my baby were healthy, and would rule out a medical cause for the incident.
In a possession scenario, you would have lost awareness. You say that you were aware of your surroundings and actions, just not fully in control. If you had been possessed, you would have had no knowledge of your surroundings and actions. So, in my opinion, you were not possessed. I am curious as to why possession was your first idea for a cause of this event. In your situation, I would have been thinking medical cause, or someone slipped something in my soda. Possession would have been pretty low on my list of possibilities, but I wasn't there. You were, and I hope it's not pushy for me to ask this, but what made possession so high on your list of possibilities? Knowing why that was in the forefront of your mind may help us to help you.
Congratulations on the baby btw. ❤
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-03-30)
Might have something to do with the apartment of your friend live there That mean she and her family are in danger Might be demon or something in that apartment... Scary thought that you being also glad your boyfriend got you out of there and feeling fine after you out of there like I say it something to do with the apartment are danger.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: