You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: My First, Scariest Encounter With...Something

Real Ghost Stories

My First, Scariest Encounter With...Something

 

Alrighty, this is my first post but definitely not my last. Before I start my name is Mark, I am 23, fresh out of university. This story takes place in my fraternity house freshman year and I was still getting used to the constant parties and messes everywhere (I'm a bit of a clean freak, but on with the story)!

It was around 1:00 am after the finals party and guess who was in charge of clean-up! So I was cleaning the upstairs balcony and to give you a picture it is a three storey house with the balcony on the second floor, there are two doors on the balcony on the right side witch lead to a bedroom, and also one to the left witch leads to a hallway with three rooms and a staircase at the far end of the hallway.

I was picking up beer cans while my brothers all slept. I bent over to pick up a can and I heard a male voice say "hey" so I say back while looking up to the doorway to the left "what's up?" All I saw was the screen door close so I walk over and open it say " Yo, bro what do you want?" I saw no one in the hallway! Now this was a hallway around 20 feet so you really had to book it to get anywhere, but what I did hear was foot steps down the staircase so I kept saying "hey" and yelling to get whomevers attention.

I went down the staircase witch led down to the kitchen and when I got in the kitchen I saw my brother, let's call him Joe, so I say "Joe what the **** do you want!" At this point pretty steamed and he's standing in front of the open fridge and he turns and smiles and it wasn't his smile it was evil and then, his eyes turned pitch black and black tears rolled down his cheeks and when he smiled he showed teeth usually but they weren't his they were bloody and a deep red, I will never forget this image, it still haunts me to this day that image of him.

But it got worse he started to walk towards me and things got really dark and he started to chant, now I'm bilingual and I am fluent in 6 languages including Greek and Latin and I knew that they play a part in demons and a lot of religious stuff but what he was saying wasn't comprehensible, it sounded horrible and just then his head shot to the left and he darted a look back at me and screamed and it was a loud blood curdling scream and then all of a sudden everything was normal and I was standing in front of Joe who was waving his hand in front of my face blurting " helloooo!" And I say "What happened?" And he told me that I was running down the hallway screaming his name and he came running to see what was going down to find me frozen in the kitchen. I was absolutely shocked and I still am today

This is 100% true no matter whatever anyone says and I'm scared by it

For those who believe me, can anyone relate?

Comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Primalset3909, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DemonTeddy (9 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Did you not say this was after a party? Are you positive you was "not" drunk?~ (Sorry, had to ask).

[at] epic_fail I don't think correcting his use of English is what he asked for, Lolz. And the same goes to Khannie~
I know people, even had friends, that have graduated and still can't spell much better than my 10 year old brother. You don't go to college to learn how to spell, unless you take those kinds of subjects, so that comment, Khannie, was kind of narrow.

Back to my comment about your post:

I found this interesting, and if you can guarantee you was not "drunk" or "high" or under any other abnormal influence of any substance, even more so interesting. I ran a few runs into Google out of curiosity, and it is possible you hallucinated because of stress or/and being overtired. Though why the Demon-like hallucination? It could be anything, really.

Our mind is like an eternal library that can never be filtered out. Anything that goes in, stays in, and can influence "anything" we do in life, at any point or time. (Kind of why society dislikes young children watching horror movies, because the violence from it can induce influenced persona traits during teenaged years).

If your experiences have stopped, and everything's fine now, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

-Teddy
Primalset3909 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Also I was not in oklahoma at the time, that is where I am currently living the university was penn state.
Primalset3909 (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I really thank everyone for clearing things up and in hindsight I was defensive, and I think everyone can agree that we've gotten a little off topic. But before id like to say at how amazed I am about how fast it took for people to find out about my backround. I am in fact an exchange student and english is not my first language it is czech.
My brother said I wasn't in this "trance" for long and I'm not sure what this is I think it might be demonic or it could be the tyoe of spirt that acts like a demon I have forgotten it name can anyone tell me?
lynrinth (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I have actually read acounts, and seen shows about hauntings where people said they had some sort of hallucation of some kind where they would see such things like yours. Yes, these people were quite coherent, like you were, when they experienced things. I wonder... Some dark entity that was attached to the house? Was your friend, that you know of, dabbling in something that would have brought this on? Or... Could someone from the party brought with them? Well, I hope that's all you experienced with it, and able to move on.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I apologize if you think I'm argumentative. I'm really with you, that this story has little credibility and the author has chosen not to answer perfectly reasonable questions posed to him. I was just saying that it's a rather nitpicky thing to bring up the university comment. Other than that, I totally agree with you. The English was bad, the story very unlikely and unintelligible. And the author very defensive in all the wrong ways. Again, I apologize for seeming argumentative, I didn't mean to upset you. I'm just a bit of a skeptic, and I am looking for the truth and answers, just like everyone else.
Khannie (guest)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
Validity and content are what my comment about Americanisms is questioning. This story takes place in Oklahoma, implying it was written by an American, in which case "fresh out of university" is an odd way to put it, no? Add to that, this story, by a multi-lingual author, is peppered with questionable English, led me to suggest that perhaps this author is an exchange student. No comment from the author on that, just a defensive rant at people who do not believe his account.
The author was asked about alcohol consumption. No answer to that either. Hm. Our multi-lingual, college educated friend here could have answered the questions posed him and improved his credibility. Instead, he chose a defensive, temperamental stance which basically ruins his credibility.
Also, bacchaegrl, I've read several of your comments which indicate you are simply looking for arguments on here to pass the time. That damages your credibility.
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I agree, the story should be looked at for validity and content. Not whether or not he uses proper American verbage. I mean really, who cares about that?
pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
"Fresh out of University" in the UK is equal to "fresh out of college" here in the states.

IMHO, The validity of this story is not compromised by what words he chose to use!
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-22)
I think Jesuis88 has a valid question, and the answer to that question could help people who are still on the fence about this account. Were you under the influence of anything when this happened?
Primalset3909 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
For all the people who are being extremly rude, and the only reason I'm not cursing you to kingdom come is because I actually want help with this. It is kind of old, I believe it was established in the late 1800's but I'm not sure about the house. Also to clerify I doubt that what I saw was my brother I knew him well, he was one of my best friends. There were other times of less intensity I'm I'm thinking about posting more but the people who just criticise outnumber the ones who try to help. Once again thank you to the ones who took me serious.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
When I was a witch I rode a Pontiac Lamans. But that's just me. Epic fail is a perfect name for you.

This account is creepy indeed. I can however relate to having morbid visions. So believing this for me is not hard. Has anything like this happened again? How long did you brother say you were frozen in this trance state? Bless you & yours. MC ❤

~LSD~

This comment from obsessed14 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

jesuis88 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
This is my first post and I guess wanting to post this comment is really the final straw that made me join (a positive thing).

[at] Khannie I definitely agree with the wording "fresh out of university". Most would say 'college' or 'school'.

I do have to say this story is very vivid and I find it hard to believe. Like others, I apologize if it's true but perhaps your memory is exaggerating itself? And I must ask, were you under the influence of anything to any degree? That can have a profound effect on everything, from recollection to the actual experience. It was a frat party after all.
justmenoname (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I actually came across a topic last time, and you can YouTube it. I believe it is called shape shifting. That's what it seems like to me.
AnimalAngels (guest)
+5
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
Ok really people? Your hear to read GHOST STORIES, not judge peoples English! Next I have a question:

Is it a old University?
bacchaegrl (506 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
I've heard stories about beings taking the form or possessing a person in order toscare another person. But this story, I don't know. You had a good description of what your friend looked like, I'll give you that. What I don't understand is what happened after your friend returned to normal. When were you running when you were looking at your friend? How were you the one who was frozen? I don't understand what your friend saw you doing. Can you try to explain it again? On this site, people tend to get skeptical when the writers insist too much that the story is true. Just a heads up for future stories. I think you, the author, need to reread what you wrote, and try to offer a better explanation as to what happened and what you saw. The events are very confusing to say the least. But maybe one more go at an explanation will clear things up.
Khannie (guest)
 
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
A few things in your account struck me as odd.
Firstly, "fresh out of university" isn't a common Americanism. "Fresh out of college" is how most of the college graduates I know would put it. Are you an exchange student perhaps?
You're bilingual, fluent in 6 languages including Greek and Latin? That's a lot of studying. Impressive. But, in all that time studying other languages, you might have paid English a little more attention. I find it difficult to believe that a college student doesn't know "witch" from "which." Unless English is not your first language, in which case, I apologize.
Your description of Joe's transformation is vivid, although somewhat over the top. I'm not one to automatically discount an over the top description, unless that description is followed by phrases like "this is 100% true no matter whatever anyone says." Sorry, but I'm not convinced by this story. If it's true, I'm sorry. If it's the pile of nonsense I believe it is, you should consider an apology to the people out there who have had real experiences.
epic_fail (5 stories) (51 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-06-21)
First of all, I found this a bit painful to read, and only because you kept using the wrong "which" (or "witch) in your account. The one you were using means a magical woman who uses spells and flies with a broomstick. A word of advice about that would be to remember that that's the witch that uses a cross in the word, lol.

Secondly, for some reason, I can't entirely discount this. When I first began reading the part about the thing masquerading as your friend, I thought it seemed a lot far-fetched, however... A little niggling thing in my gut won't let me discount your story, therefore:

Thirdly, I have a question for you: Was this the only time something like this happened, or were there other goings on that were less intense?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: