You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Man On My Bed... Sleep Paralysis?

Real Ghost Stories

Man On My Bed... Sleep Paralysis?

 

This all started about 6 months ago in my bedroom. I went to bed one night and woke up to the sound of my sister talking to me. At first I thought I imagined it so I ignored it. Then, I felt something tug my pillow. I turned around to see no-one there...

I told my mom about it the next day and of course, she said it was just my imagination, probably dreaming etc. Well anyway, about a week later something else happened to me. This time I was facing away from my wall at my bedroom. I woke around 4-5am to find myself completely paralysed. Not only that, I felt as if something else was in my room with my, an evil prescence. Then I had this numbness wash over my head and it felt as if something was holding me down as whispering right in my ear. I tried to shout but couldn't! It lasted about 15 seconds and then went. I sat up in bed and looked around and there was nothing there. I knew that I was awake so it couldn't have been a dream. The next morning I was quite upset and told my mom what had happened. She still said that it was probably me dreaming but I know it wasn't. I decided to set up my laptop in my room with the webcam on (silly I know) to see if I could capture something but I got nothing.

A few months passed until about 2 months ago. I woke up about 4ish again to once again find myself paralysed. I felt the end of my bed indent as if someone had climbed onto it. It then slowly made its way up my bed before lying across me. I could see it's head by my knees staring at me! It was talking but I couldn't understand a word until it said my girlfriends name. I just closed my eyes as hard as I could and eventually I could move. It was a terrifying experience that I won't forget! I was really upset the next day to my mom and I researched it. I found that a lot of stories relating to 'sleep paralysis' were very similar to mine and that's what I put it down to. I wouldn't wish it upon anyone.

Nothing has happened since but everytime I go to bed now I'm scared to think what might come next!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brett_Hart89, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
girlwithagift - I just checked your profile and saw that you are 11 years old. The comments guidelines for this site state "You must be 13 years or older to post a comment." There are reasons for this rule. Some of the comments on here aren't fit for even 13-year-olds.

So please look at this site okay? You can even comment on it too http://www.scaryforkids.com. This one has a lot of different stories, with pictures, and some of them are kind of gruesome LOL. So if you get scared easily, I'd stay away from some of them. There's even a True Story story about Emily Rose on there.
girlwithagift (4 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
ok I'm figuring your pretty young and I too had something like this happen to me a long time ago oi think that is posibly what made me phycic in the first place but I sense you are being followed by an evil spirit who wants you girlfriend as weired as it seems it happens often my advice (from a young phychic) I see you and your girlfriend are having relationship troubles caused by rhis demon all I can say is stay strong and faithful to your girlfriend but don't rub it in your demons face that could lead to more trouble ~Amy x
Prisya (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-24)
I had similar experience too, I was about to share but according to the website, the sharing will be online by tomorrow..., Mine was even worst, I really can't move my body, but my mind is awake, when I saw the bald headed male spirit, lying and laughing in front of me..., but I can feel him holding me..., can't even shout cause can't open my mouth either. His skin is similar to Voldemore's (A character from "Harry Potter") and it happened to me 3 times already 😐
robertperez70 (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Hey, the same thing has happened to me, it happened to me as a child and then yesterday it happened again. That is why I joined the site today in search of answers. I think it could be paranormal because I have experienced this activity in the past. Also many people in my family have experienced paranormal activity, my brother being the most being he has psychic abilities. Good luck in search of your answers.
Brett_Hart89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-22)
Thanks again for the replies!

I'm not on any medication and never taken drugs so it can't be that. I'd definitely say it's sleep paralysis. I wasn't under any stress or anything like that, it comes on at random times!
Part of me hopes that it was paranormal because I'd like to think ghosts etc do exist but I've never had the 'evidence' to believe they do...

Witchez, your experience sounds similar to mine! I'm ashamed to say that I tried to shout out 'mom!' while it was happening lol (a bit wimpy) but it's the first thing that I thought to do. Mine was definitely an evil prescence during mine though and I can still picture his face now...
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
Nah Web cam not silly I did same thing try to film myself in my sleep to see why I have bruise all the times and Etc to see what I am doing in my sleep so no web cam in your sleep not silly just being Curious what you try do and I hope it don't happen again for you.
Witchez_Secrets (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
I had a similar experience when I was young but I assumed that my body was still asleep so I looked it up. I had sleep paralysis a couple times but the first time I had it, it was the worst...
I woke up in the middle of the night and my head was facing the window. After that I couldn't move then I saw a dark figure standing by my window looking to the outside. I freaked out so, naturally (and non sissyingly LOL) started trying to yell out. The first thing I yelled out was MOM! But I couldn't, all that came out was a moan. That's was freaked me out the most. I tried again and again, each time more frantically than the last... The dark figure was still there looking out the window and it just turned around and stared at me. But it just did that. I got so scared that I just closed my eyes and stopped trying to yell. Then I actually started asking god to let me free and to make the man (cause I assumed it was a man) go away. Then I yell out again and I heard my voice. I opened my eyes and the figure was gone. I sat up straight in my bed looked around and ran for it to my moms room... That was the first time that happened. I assumed it was my body that was half asleep and I was hallucinating but when I remember it seems that that man was so real and it felt like he wasn't there to harm me but that he was just watching over me...
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
You shouldn't be afraid of just SP. It is a medical condition and a medical condition only. Some entities can cause us to go into SP. The way you described your experiences I would say that you are just having SP. It could be paranormal but we don't have the evidance yet to make that a definite fact. The way that I try to avoid SP is by sleeping on my side. That seems to help me a bit. You could very well be having a paranormal experience but I am not 100% sure so we are going to treat this as your are not until we have more evidance to prove otherwise.

Also what was going on in your life when these events occured? Were you stressed out? Not getting enough sleep? Too much sleep? Any medications or drugs?
Brett_Hart89 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Hi guys, thanks for the replies! 😁

Champion, yes it was a numbness on my face that I experienced. It felt as if someone was whispering right in my ear and I couldn't speak or move.
I read that sleep paralysis can be caused from drinking excessive amounts of alcohol and not sleeping much and I do go on the occasional binge so maybe that's causing it...?
I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the paranormal. I just don't understand why it's always an evil prescence in the room and never anything good?

Geetha, unfortunatly I haven't caught myself on webcam going through the paralysis but I would have liked to see what was happening to me physically at the time!

I never told my girlfriend no... I wouldn't want to scare her! Lol...

Thanks guys!
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
I agree with Champion about seeing a doctor. It could clear up anything being physically wrong with you.

Also, the webcam is a good idea. Was it turned on when you had your second experience? You mentioned that this thing said your girlfriend's name, did you talk to your girlfriend about this? What did she say?
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
I had sleep paralysis once but didn't see or hear anything unusual, just couldn't move or speak. The web cam is not silly at all it is a good idea that could tell you maybe what is going on when this happens. It does sound like sleep paralysis and studies say that hallucinations and hearing things is common. The numbness in your face, did it feel like a buzz? I have noticed several times while going to sleep that my ears will ring drowning out background noise and that my face becomes numb right before going to sleep but never before waking-up. Have you noticed anything out of the ordinary other than these episodes that would lead you to think it could be paranormal? It is a terrifying experience either way and if it happens again I would suggest seeing a Dr. About sleep paralysis. There are a lot of posters on here that have great knowledge to share that may be able to shed light on what is going on.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: