You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: House On Orlando Drive

Real Ghost Stories

House On Orlando Drive

 

My Family and I had just lost our house and we were desperate to find another place to live. We came across a house near our old house that would allow my little cousins to stay in the same school they were attending. On the first night at the Orlando Drive house everything was fine. We all slept peacefully no one heard anything.

On the second night my little cousin Nina* (not her real name) said she heard footsteps out in the hall by her door. On the third day Nina and my aunt slept in the living room and she says that she woke up around 2:00am and felt that someone was standing next. She said that she looked over to where our aunt was sleeping and saw that she was still sleeping and then she looked next to her and saw a black mass standing next to her. So she closed her eyes shut and didn't open them again, soon she fell back to sleep. On this same night I felt someone hit me on the head when I was lying in my bed. I wasn't asleep but I had my eyes closed. I immediately got up and turned on the light and there was no one, my bedroom door was locked, no one could have come in.

Days turned into months and no other strange things happend. Then my cousin Nina started acting strange. She would leave the bathromm door open when she would take a shower. She slept with the light on. She appeared drowsy throughtout the day. One day Nina tells us that every night she sees a woman in her room who tells her we need to leave her house. She says this woman wakes her up every single night. At first we didn't believe her. We thought that she was making it up. She then started to tell us that the woman would tell her things about herself. That if she was asleep the woman would wake her up by touching her face or calling her name. She described the woman as wearing a long white dress like a wedding dress with long black hair.

The woman would tell her that she used to live here and that it was her house and that she didn't appreciate having us there. Nina also said that the womans children were also in the house. She says the woman had a boy around the age of 3 whom she always saw running down the hall into the kitchen and a baby boy whom she would only see with the woman once in a while. I had seen couple of shows on the tv I believe it was Children of the Paranormal or something like that, in which a man whom I assume is able to see and communicate with spirits was telling a child to tell the spirits that were following her to tell her what they wanted and to leave her alone. I told Nina to do the same.

She says that one night she told the woman to write down her name on the back of a poster, the woman wrote down her name as asked. I know that the writing on the back of the poster does not belong to Nina. The name the woman wrote is Guadalupe her last name we can't make out the letters, its not to clear. She claims to have been trapped inside the house when it was set on fire, neither her or her children were able to escape and they died in the fire. Now I don't know if Nina made up the facts about the fire because I have tried to do research on the house and nothing comes up. I have even asked the neighbors but they haven't lived in the neighborhood long enough and only seem to remember the persons who lived there before we moved in. At this point we have already moved out of this house.

While we were moving out each one of us saw the woman described by Nina. My mom saw her in the kitchen, Nina's mom saw her in the backyard, and I saw her in the garage.

Other hauntings by rosy722

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rosy722, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rosy722 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-26)
lilady4, so far all we know is that the house was built in 1960. We haven't been able to find anything else out.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-21)
What an incredible story here, rosy722. It is interesting to me that Guadalupe was seen by everyone when you were moving out. It sounds like the children are attached to Nina. I would also research the land around the house, just in case Guadalupe lived in another house situated on the land. How old is the house?
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
rosy722 (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
Geetha50, I believe so she has so far seen them three times. Nina describes thems as playfull and nice.

Champion, So far we haven't found anything on the house, we are still researching.
champion (3 stories) (172 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
rosey722,the name Guadalupe means (river wolf) and is a popular name for many different places around the world and most famous for Our Lady of Guadalupe, the patroness of Mexico, the Americas, and secondary Patron of the Philippines. Its possible that this was her name but makes you wonder if it was a referance. I would search the local paper archives for house fires involving deaths over the last fifty years or so. If the children are following Nina she may have an attachment as geetha50 suggests.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
So you saying the children's spirits followed Nina to the new place? I think that they might be attached to her then.
rosy722 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
geetha50
That was scary and it went on for 2 years. By the time we moved out everyone had an experience with this woman and her children. Nina still sees the womans children every now in then at our new place. I haven't tried going to our local library yet.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
That is scary. I'm glad you guys moved out. Sometimes, it takes time to find an history about a place. Have you tried going to the local library?
rosy722 (3 stories) (8 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
geetha50
Nina would only say that the woman would get in her face, and would force Nina to pay attention to her by appearing with different facial features, like a corpse or zombie. She would also move her stuff. She left the bathroom door open because whenever she was alone the woman would appear to her, sometimes she would only see "evil looking eyes". I'm not sure if it was because of that because Nina's younger sister never saw anything.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-20)
I think because Nina was the youngest and so more in tune to the paranormal that the woman decided to talk to her. Did Nina tell you that the woman hurt her in anyway or that she was mean? It must of scared her like crazy. Did Nina explain as to why she left the bathroom door open when she took a shower? I'm asking because Nina said that the woman appeared in her bedroom.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: