You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Man in my Hallway Looking Like my Husband

Real Ghost Stories

A Man in my Hallway Looking Like my Husband

 

When I lived in Guerneville, CA in the late 1990's I saw a man standing in my hallway. It was about 2 a.m. and I was using the bathroom. When I walked out of the bathroom, I saw my husband, Mike, standing at the end of the hall. He was completely dressed in a T-shirt, hooded sweatshirt that zipped up, knee length shorts and sneakers. I asked him, "Mike, what are you doing?" Well, Mike answered me from our bedroom, immediately to my left.

I screamed that there was a man in the house. Mike jumped out of bed, grabbed his gun and we walked the house. Every window and door was locked from the inside and there was no trace of anyone in the house.

My girlfriend, Jackie, spent Thanksgiving with us a few years later and slept overnight on our sofa. My mother came over about 11 a.m. and asked how we slept. Jackie said, "Great, until Mike came in at 7 a.m., sat on the sofa to put his shoes on..."

Mike happened to be walking into the room just then and responded, "I just woke up and I wouldn't sit where you were sleeping to put my shoes on, I would sit on the love seat or a dining chair..." Needless to say, all our jaws dropped open.

Another time, my son, who was two years old at the time, said he saw a man in his room. He was terrified, pale white, terrified. I was alone with him so we walked the house with my gun and there was no one about. I believe he saw someone though. No one can fake the bloodless, pasty white face of fear! Why would a spirit appear to my girlfriend and me as Mike, then appear as themselves (or someone else for all I know) to my little one? Maybe so we, as adults, would acknowledge their presence?

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Nadine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

metal6 (2 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
thats realy scary I can't stand other people in my house ill just go crazy lol 😆
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-02)
I believe that spirits can manifest themselves in many different forms, at their will. If this entity wanted to be certain you would acknowledge its presence (and your friend would also) it would use the form of your husband.

Say prayers releasing whtever entity is in your home, read Bible versus to it, place a cross in your room. Let it know (verbally) that there is rest and peace on the other side and it should go. Let it know that its loved ones will be waiting and it has been waiting a long time for this much deserved rest. As it manifested itself to you in htis way, causing you to take very hard notice, it may simply need the help of your assurance that it should move on.

God Bless!
Covah (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-08-31)
Hello,
I think the same as Abby. I am sure we can astrol project. Believe it or not I think my dog has done it to me which scared the "bajeesus" out of me. Has it happened since? If not your husband may have been going through something at the time of the sightings. Strange... But you are not alone at having this happen ;o) ❤
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-27)
Dear Nadine,

If your husband was sleeping, in the middle of a waking and dream state or even day dreaming, it is possible that what all of you were seeing was your husband, Mike's astral body or dream state body. The body we have that leaves our physical 3D body when we go into dream state (label it or call it what you will). You could also be seeing the event in advance as a future energy possibility and event taking place right next to your present time and space. It just does not seem like this is a ghost or spirit type haunting. It may be that your husband, Mike is more of a multitasker outside of his physical body than inside of it than anybody, himself included realizes.

Just an opinion, Blessings, --Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
As spirits and entities are pure energy they are able to take on any form they choose. It doesn't sound as if this spirit was harming any one, other than scaring the poo poo out of ya. More than likely you were just dealing with a prankster spirit, one that just got a kick out of see whom they could scare. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-25)
Their are ghosts that like to mimick people to get attention or they will mimick animals, I call them shape shiffers. Your son probably see what that thing truely looked like.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: