You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: My Husband's Doppelganger?

Real Ghost Stories

My Husband's Doppelganger?

 

I often feel like someone is standing over me as I sleep, my legs get shaky and light. If that makes sense. I always have. Sometimes I can almost feel who it is (my gramma, uncle, mom, etc.), other times I have this fear.

One night I rolled over towards my husband as his back was towards me. My hair covered my left eye but I opened my right eye. When I did I saw my husband sitting there on the edge of the bed. I opened both eyes as I was going to ask him if he was OK. When I did he was also laying on the bed. I was freaked out and immediately closed my eyes. I even, for a second, had the thought he had passed away and that was his spirit sitting there until I heard him let out a sigh in his sleep. He often has nightmares that makes him cry out. It felt as though my heart fell to my stomach and my stomach to my feet.

I am not really sure what I seen but without a doubt, both entities were him.

Just about a week later from the event, last night, I woke up to the shaky light legs feeling... My heart fell to my stomach and my stomach to my feet. Then everything went silent... But a deafening silence... Like I have never "heard" before. Like I almost was all alone... In a nothingness.

Has anyone ever experienced any of this? Any thoughts? The whole thing with my husband has me freaked out.

I have used sage in our home to cleanse it. He was recently diagnosed with diverticulosis where he passed out waiting to be seen as he was losing blood, has heart stints since 2016 and takes BP meds as well as a blood thinner. We're young in our mid 40s.

Other hauntings by Piperasc

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Piperasc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-05-11)
aussiedaz I only seen that this entity had the same pajamas on. I did not see his face but the body was shaped as his.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Ok, I read through your previous responses where you state your husband doesn't remember sitting on the edge of the bed or having an OBE...It's probably what I'd expected as like my wife not remembering the part where she was eye balling me.

I believe it was your husband having an OBE and not an doppelganger as you so rightly would assume based on your husband having no recollection.

I'm pretty sure in one of my stories I posted here years ago, I share an account where I saw my wife walking around our home in the early hours of the morning where she had no recollection of doing so when I asked her later on?

Although I could have put that account down to a doppelganger, I still believe it was her walking around having an OBE, so you can imagine my own delight when she at least confirmed part of an account more recently, even though it wasn't the whole full monty.

I do have a theory as to why not everyone remembers their OBE account and why some do? Perhaps I'll wait for your response first.

Regards Daz
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-03-11)
Hi Piperasc, Something similar happened to me a few years ago, I'd awoke to find my wife floating out of her body as she slept on her stomach she was looking directly at me, although my wife had no recollection of looking at me eye ball to eyeball, she did validate the sensation of floating out of her body and hearing my voice at the same of time?... Of which was correct from my perspective and account of what happened during what I believe was her floating out of her body?

Question: Did you ask your husband if he'd remembered anything about what you saw and did he look different?

Clothes, younger,hair... Etc?

Regards Daz
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-09)
Darruix
Thank you. I will check it out.
I am a worry by nature and this has me beside myself with worry
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-08)
I don't know if I'm allowed to post links here but this is where I saw those documentaries when I was still young.

Https://topten.ph/2016/10/24/scariest-magandang-gabi-bayan-halloween-stories/

I tried to look for that specific segment of the white lady doppleganger but I can't sort it through their archives, maybe you can?

Thank you and God Bless.

Darriux
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-02-08)
Darriux,
Thank you for your knowledge.
I can only hope that the first scenario is the one that meets this encounter.
If you can remember thw name of the documentary, I would love to check it out.
Thank you again
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-02-08)
There are numerous theories regarding dopplegangers that I know of. I want to share some that I personally know.

1.) They say that dopplegangers are people's counterpart on a parallel Universe where at some point interacted between Universes.

2. In some cultures, they believe that they are elemental spirits that copy that person's face with an intent to play tricks on people who sees them.

3. Also some believes that they are an omen. I saw this documentation where much like YGS, they share true to life experience with ghosts and paranormal. There was this lady walking on their neighborhood and saw her friend dressed all in white, walking as well in front of her. This friend of hers is alive by the way at that time. She tries to catch the attention of her friend when suddenly her friend vanished into thin air. The next few weeks her friend passed away. I don't know if what she saw was in connection to her friend's death like an omen, but it looks that way.

Thank you for sharing and God Bless.

Darriux
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-07)
Rajine...
I am mystified and fascinated by it as well. I will definitely try the salt also. Thank you for your input. I have read so many things and it is much to take in. Which is why I turned to my fellow believers
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-07)
Doppelganger incidents have always fascinated me simply because it's supposed to be a "spirit" of a living person, I've experienced a few of these myself, I've not been able to find exactly why this phenomenon occurs though, because it's various reasons. Apart from smudging with sage also keep course salt in your room (anywhere is fine) in a little container or a cup, that helps with negative energies.
Piperasc (5 stories) (19 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-02-06)
Sorry for the late response. I am going to try to answer all the questions.

I did ask my husband if he had any kind of dream that night as he does remember them. He said yes but it was nothing related to out of body experience, he said we were at a car show (which we have show cars and attend them often so nothing out of the norm).

I definitely have never experienced anything like this.

When I feel the presence of someone standing over me and I feel that it is a loved one, I believe it is just them visiting me. When I feel fear, I feel it is something evil. That night I did not feel anything from the entity, the fear was from seeing the unknown. I had a very strong connection with my Gramma growing up. When I need advice, I talk to her. I ask her to answer a specific question by in a sign, and every time the question I asked is "yes", I smell her perfume. It is an old time perfume that not many women where any more if at all. My Gramma used to tell me that when I was younger I talked to the old ones. My oldest son has also had encounters with spirits, as I have shared one of his experiences.

I have always felt this shaky light leg feeling from as far back as I remember. The road to go to and from my Grammas house has a HUGE drop off with no guide rails back then and I would get that feeling going past that area. I guess it is what I feel like on an amusement park ride when it is very tall. I am not afraid of heights but it is that same sensation. So I doubt it is Restless Leg.

As far as the history of the house. It is relatively newer. 1993. And no history in the home itself that would indicate any beings haunting or anything.

I do get bad feelings before things happen to people I care about. Whether big or small. I never can pin point whom it will happen to but I know something is going to happen. A little less than a month before my mom passed I had the worst feeling I carried with me for a good week. It passed but then she went into the hospital and never came back out.

I have never been one to do drugs or drink for that matter. I have never suffered from delusions. I have never seen spirits or entities that I can say matched this.

I think I have covered all questions. I appreciate the input and will always read and take in more.

Mack, thank you for sharing your experience!

Lady-Glow and LightMight Thank you for your input also.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-02-05)
Hi there Piperasc,

I really like the theories that Macknorton and Ladyglow have mentioned earlier; very interesting thoughts!

Maybe you've had a precognitive vision of your husband? Have you ever spoke with your husband about what you experienced? Have you considered keeping a journal?

Along the same subject of what Ladyglow was mentioning; I'm wondering if he had any memory of a dream around the same time, or
memory of an OBE around the same time, that would correspond to the vision you've had of him sitting on the edge of the bed?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2021-02-04)
Hello Piperasc.

Reading your description regarding your "legs get shaky and light" makes me wonder if this could be "restless leg syndrome", although you mention sensing a presence when this happens, it wouldn't hurt to visit a physician specialized on sleep disorders and ensure that this is not a health related issue.

I suffer of RLS and, though innocuous, can be annoying. Practicing some yoga or gentle stretches before bed has been very helpful for me.

In my opinion, it's possible that what you saw that night was your husband having an out of body experience.
Does he frequently seem to know places which he has never been to? Does he remember his dreams? Has he mentioned flying during his dreams?

His consciousness might be "leaving" his physical body and he's unaware of having such ability.

When you sense the presence of a loved one, do you think there's a intent for their visitation? Have they delivered a message?

It doesn't seem like any of these presences are negative except for the one that makes you feel fearful, though it is not clear if you feel this way because the presence is evil or due to it not being supposed to be there.

What do you know about the history and background of your house? Do you consider yourself to be a sensitive?

Sorry for the questioning, I find your experience fascinating and intriguing but, in my opinion, it would be helpful if you could elaborate and provide a more detailed narrative.

Thanks for sharing
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-02-04)
Hi Piperasc

Thanks for sharing.

In terms of the feeling of someone standing over you, you mention that you can sense it's a family member, but sometimes its a feeling of fear. Is that fear you are feeling because you are picking up an unpleasant vibe from the presence? Or is the fear emanating from you because you sense someone standing over you and you have no idea who it might be?

Regarding this apparent doppelganger of your husband; what was he wearing when you saw him? Was he appearing in his pyjamas, singlet, t-shirt, nothing at all? Was he appearing physically as he was in bed?

There's a theory that sleep serves two purposes; one purpose is to rest our physical bodies, and the second purpose is that during sleep our spirits / souls leave our bodies and head into the spirit realms where we will naturally gravitate to in preparation for our larger life ahead of us on "the other side". This makes perfect sense to me. Nature is very efficient.

Apparently we can't recall much, if any of these visits as our larger consciousness is only expressing a small part of our spirits through our puny brains so it doesn't all "fit" back in.

So my point is this; you may have seen your husband's spirit in-between either leaving his body or coming back into it. Was there an emotion or vibe from the apparition?

However, there's another possibility and I was motivated to offer some advice to you after an experience I had this very morning.

I was getting ready for work and as I walked past my 14 year old son's bedroom, I glanced in and saw him standing in his room in his school uniform, facing me. Nothing unusual in that, however, as I then walked straight down to use the toilet, it was occupied (light was on, door was locked). My wife was in the bathroom next door, my daughter in her room across from the bathroom and my eldest son was still asleep in his room. This accounted for all members of my family.

Naturally, this perplexed me as to who was in the toilet, so I knocked and my 14 year old son, who I had just "seen" in his room responded with a firm "No!", as in "occupied!". So basically I had a fully fledged hallucination of my 14 year old son standing in his room. I am not prone to hallucinations AT ALL, I'm not on medication, nor drugs. I just can't explain it.

My 14 year old looked fully formed, flesh and blood, real as life when I glanced in his well-lit room. So since I have just experienced what I can only describe as an vivid hallucination, I suggest the very real possibility also, that you maybe saw something that wasn't there?

Anyway, it's an interesting experience you had and sorry if I've hijacked it with my experience, but I felt that maybe these points might help you in some way understand it?

Regards

Mack.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: