You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: A White Dog

Real Ghost Stories

A White Dog

 

I am a nurse who currently works in one of the biggest hospitals here in the Philippines. Being a nurse entitles us to go to work in shifts of 8 hours daily.

I came across this site during one of my dull moments in the hospital using my laptop one of our breaks. After reading some of the stories here I was interested enough to share one of my own experiences.

When I was still a college student 5 years ago, we used to have clinical duties in different locations somewhere in Luzon areas here in the Philippines. Being a nursing student, it was considered to be a requirement for us to finish at least 2 weeks of hospital duty in one location before being assigned to another new one.

My experience happened during one of these times. Our duty in the hospital that time was somewhere in Ilocos. It was a district hospital near the main highway. It was situated in a small town near the sea. Our assigned duty was 4 pm to 12 midnight. Since we were originally from Baguio which is at least 3 hours by bus, we decided to stay at a house near the hospital for the duration of our duty.

During the third day of our hospital duty, as we were coming home at past 12 midnight, my classmates and I with 2 of our ci's (clinical instructor) were walking along a narrow path towards the house when my ci suddenly grabbed my elbow. I was startled so I asked him "sir what's the matter?" He replied that "There's a dog following us!" Sure enough, when I looked behind me, I saw a white dog following us not more than 3 feet away.

Thinking that my ci (clinical instructor) was scared of dogs I just told him that I'll switch places with him so I'll be the last in line instead of him. I haven't looked more than 3 seconds when all of a sudden as I looked again where the dog was, I was surprised to see that he was nowhere to be found! It was like he vanished with no trace at all!

That left me perplexed because the right side of the path we were walking was a fence made of bamboo at least 5 feet tall, the left side of our path was just a bare area of land with no bushes or trees to hide from view. This made me think that the dog couldn't possibly left without a trace for no more than 3 seconds without us seeing where it went!

I was suddenly alarmed that I told my instructor, "Sir! The dog that was following us suddenly vanished!" my instructor told me that now is not the time to tell jokes but I told him that I was serious. We both looked at each other becoming afraid prompting the group ahead of us to hurry. We decided not to tell them of what happen since all of them were busy talking and laughing with one another while we were walking.

Another ci who was with us noticed our faces and asked us what was wrong. We told him of what happened and he suddenly surprised us when he shrug and said " I also saw the dog following us, I thought it was a normal dog until I saw that it's shadow seems to be taking a different shape and growing larger. I became nervous that's why I went ahead of you two and didn't tell you. I didn't realize that you'll see it too"

The three of us looked at each other with fear in our eyes and decided to retire for the night with all of our doors locked and bolted. Fortunately nothing untoward happened to our group after that incident.

Thank you for reading my story. Until now I'm still thinking if its really a dog or some kind of creature. I still puzzles me to this day how the dog just suddenly disappeared. I still have plenty of experiences since then and will be sharing them to all of you. Till next time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonraven, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

momoisapanda (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-04)
i think it depends on the color. They said white (supernatural) dogs, which are supposedly aswangs as not supposed to be dangerous. That's what i've read.
moonraven (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
thanks guys for commenting. Mufox was right that I should be thankful that it didn't follow us on our way home... On the other hand, moongrim and geetha50 your right that my other ci was very ungentlemanly by not warning us of what he already saw. To think that we were at the back of the line and he suddenly inched himself in the front without telling us the reason.

Thanks geetha50 for giving me an insight of what the white dog might be. Here in the philippines there are some sightings of animals shapeshifting to human persons. We tend to call these creatures "aswang" in our own language. They tend to have a penchant for human flesh. In a way I guess they are also similar to demons. 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-18)
I agree with Moongrim; what the hell was that other ci thinking to let you and the 2nd ci to defend for yourselves. Jezzzz!

I know pets come back as spirits after they have passed on but I don't think this was just a pet. The ci that went ahead of you mentioned that he saw the shadow of the dog changing and getting larger. I might be mistaken by I never heard of a spirit have a shadow. Spirits that have low energy show themselves as a shadow but once they get enough energy to manifest themselves, they don't have a shadow. I would take it that the same would apply for pets. I'm not experienced like some of the other posters and I might be wrong (so posters correct me, if I'm wrong) but I think what you and your two ci saw was a demon of sorts.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
Well it was certainly brave and gentlemanly of the other ci to let you two interpose yourselves between him and the object of his fear.
MuFox (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-17)
There are reasons why the dog vanished but it does really give a scare.
If it's not really a dog, be thankful it didn't follow you in your sleep.
Thank you for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: