You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Evil Black Vapor

Real Ghost Stories

The Evil Black Vapor

 

I have had many experiences in my 35 years. This is the one that sticks out in my mind. Even though it was so long ago, I can still see it like it happened a few days ago. Perhaps because it is the scariest thing that has happened to me.

Back in 2001, I was laying on my couch with my dog. I was alone in the house (actually it was a mobile home). I was just watching TV and relaxing when something seemed to pull my eyes to look at the wall.

I saw what started out looking like a very light black shadow just there, on my white wall. The longer I stared at it, the darker and bigger it became until it just looked like a black cloud just floating there. I kept staring, as I couldn't take my eyes off of it. It was like I was hypnotized or something. Then, I swear I saw eyes slowly appearing, they as well got darker the longer I stared at it. The eyes looked like bright sapphire blue flames with black cat pupils. The longer I stared at it and watched, the deeper and more angry looking the glare from this entity became. And it was looking right at me! As I looked at it, I was frozen with fear. I really felt like I couldn't pull my eyes away.

Needless to say, once I snapped out of this hold it had on me, I grabbed my dog and ran out of that house and refused to go back in until my then boyfriend came home. I have had quite a few sightings & experiences in my life, this by far was the scariest one.

I am so glad I found this website, because I have a few stories that I can't just share with anyone and it feels good to get it out and not have people look at me in disbelief, finally!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mommarenee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrUniverse (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Not to put anyone out but as a child of the seventies people used to sit around and discuss these things for lack of cable and internet. I came here to study about the black cloud or evil mist myself but I will enlighten you with what I heard back then. The evil black mist is a lot like that series of movies where those teens escaped a plane crash only to die later in some other way. It supposedly haunts people who not just live in spooky places but who have escaped near death experiences."
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
thanks for your comments everyone, I'm not sure what it was but at the time it did scare me and as I said it was 12 years ago, and I've never seen anything like that since. I lived in a different home in another town & was at a pretty wild time in my life doing things I probably shouldn't have been doing. When I think back about it now it's more interesting than scary to me...
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
That gave me the creeps! 😨 I can't say what it was or what it wanted, but I would not have stuck around to find out either. The way you described how it formed did seem like it was an ominous presence. Thanks for sharing your experience with us, and I look forward to reading the others. 😊
jawp (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-05)
This story sounds like the one my brother told me (except for the anger and the flaming eyes). He said out of nowhere a pair of eyes formed and started staring at him. He of course ran away and never saw it again. I've had some paranormal activity as well.
Andrew876 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-04)
Try to look at it this way as a witch I haven't seen anything like it but it's not always evil (99.8% of it might be). You should maybe trying to say this when you feel fear or your in need of protection " god and goddess I invoke thee to protect me in this time of fear bring me light and bring me protection! By the power of three so mote it be" or "oh mighty powers of the earth protect me with your will from all evil! Evil that dwells I vanquish thee! By the power of three so mote it be"
Crestal126 (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
This could be a shadow person/people. They don't tend to hurt people nor is there reason to scare, they just observe what your doing in life. Since this one was changing it could be trying to warn you of something. If you have heard of the black observers they just observe what you do for some un-none reason.
aoife (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-01)
I have seen many things like this not knowing what they were get a meduim out and if she says there is a demon get out the preist x
Aoife
vinportobg (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
The problem with demons usually are connected to your favorite sin... Stop doing it! Demons hate purity 😉
michi78 (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi, I saw something very similar at my mother in law's house. It was a tall aggregation of black vapor or mist a few feet from my bed. When I sat up to look at it, it rushed up through the ceiling and was gone. No eyes though... Maybe I startled it by sitting up.:)
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Scratch that! I apologize, blackness. I must need more coffee this morning lol! But No, she hasn't had such a dark experience as mine, but she has had a lot of experiences. Mostly voices and sounds, & dreams. No apparitons.
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Oh No, I said she's the only one who "didn't" look at me as if I were nuts:)
blackness (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Mommarenee you said your mom was the only one not to look at you like you we're nuts, has she ever dealt with this 'being' before?
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
What ever it was, it was evil & wanted to scare me. It succeeded, but I know now to show no fear. I have had many other experiences since then, but over time I've just kind of learned to not let these experiences rattle me. Even though inside I'm very nervous & scared, I do not show it, That's what the bad ones want. I made myself deal with that fear when a bad "spirit" or something was harassing my Daughter when she was younger. I was willing to face anything then, but that's another story 😊
mommarenee (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-31)
Hi everyone, Sorry it has taken me so long to reply, but thank you all for your comments.
Sybilline, the experience actually took place in a mobile home trailer, not a motor home. It was a trailer that I lived in and it was out in the country and sat on about 4 acres of land.
And I'm glad you are curious about my dogs reaction, this happened so long ago & it just didn't occur to me to mention my dog's reaction as I was typing, sorry guys =)
My dog at the time was a blue heeler puppy. She was sound asleep but, she did wake up and let out a growl. I think that's what made me snap out of my dazed state and grab her and run out. It clicked in my head "This thing is real if my dog sees it too!" It was a very weird experience... And normally when I tell people (the few that I've told) they don't believe me. The only person who didn't look at me like I was nuts was my Mom
😊
Abinnn (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-26)
wow! Tats a scary experience... Like others, I am curious to know your dog's reaction towards it.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Abin.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Thanks Rook that made me feel better after a lousy day at work!

Sybilline- I did say I did not think it was a shadow figure after I posted my original comment, I think we both agree it does not fit the description of one.
sybilline (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
[at] andrea11
"shadow figures" are mostly seen out of the corner of your eye, I do not believe this was in any case a shadow figure.

This story is bizzerre for many reasons, #1, you in no part of the story said anything of how your dog was reacting, #2, it is very strange that this took place in a motor home. I do not whatsoever doubt the authenticity of this story, just that these events are strange in the manner of how you described them. Could you post a follow up on the reactions of your dog, possibly your location at that time?
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
mommarenee

I would also like to know how your dog was reacting.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Dear mommarenee,
Although a very scary encounter, I too am curious to know how your dog reacted while you were having this 'entity' in your vicinity?

Regards
Thanks
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Andreaa11

None needed, I just happen to be an RPGer and recognized the type of link it was. Its great that your offering your advice and trying to help people, keep up the good work.

Respectfully,

Rook
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Rook your right I should of checked the website out better I was trying to find an entity that matched her description. My apologies!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Andreaa11,

I do not mean to be rude but the link you provided seems to be to some sort of RPG (Roll Playing Game) and while the 'minor goddess' mentioned may be based on something from Mythology it has been 'modified' for the games purposes.

The reason I think it's from a game is right in the link... The word... Characters... Is the 'give away' for me.

Mommarenee,

I second the question about how your dog was acting during this 'manifestation'?

I know of other 'tales' that some individuals I know 'swear by' but I was present when they 'experienced' them and while scary, they were not paranormal... Outside influences were however a factor.

Thank you for sharing and I hope you return to answer our questions.

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Welcome to YGS!
What a spooky experience you had! Did your dog react in any way towards it?

Thank you for sharing, I'm looking forwards to reed more of your stories.
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Ok, I may be wrong bc shadow people are shy and usually dart away when noticed. However, I did some research and came up with this: (wulfgard.net/characters/ demons/php

Nemesis, Lady of Hatred, was once a minor goddess of vengeance in the Olympian pantheon, one of the Keres (daughters of Nyx), until she got into a conflict with the other gods and refused to relent, forcing them to banish her to the Underworld, where she began raising a legion with hopes of revenge. Her appearance is that of a beautiful but cold woman with pale skin and hair, black-feathered wings, and frost-blue eyes. 
Domain: Hers are the souls of those who harbored a grudge for all their lives until they could take their well-planned revenge, those whose hearts were frozen over with a cold, unforgiving hate directed toward a person or group of people.
Followers: Her minions are the Erinyes, who largely share her appearance. They cannot shapeshift, their appearance is mostly human regardless.
Demon-kin: Melancholic demon-kin of Hate have ice-blue eyes. Their power is the Word of Hatred, which, when uttered, marks a single foe as the target of their scorn, weakening this person's defenses against the demon-kin's attacks.

Hope this helps. And hope you never see it again! 'shuddering'
Andreaa11 (54 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-24)
Sounds to me like a shadow figure. It was probably as interested in you as you were in it. It did not harm you and if it was malicious it would have taken the opportunity.

These 'shadow beings' are being seen all over the world with a growing amount of cases. I would just chalk it up to one of those things that is a one time occurance and another mysterious appearance of these 'shadow men'.

Andrea

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: