You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Boy Running into Little Autistic Girl's Room

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Boy Running into Little Autistic Girl's Room

 

I am Cheryl, 36 years old and my husband I am moved into our 6 year old home in Feb 2007. The home set on a high hill on and pretty rocky area. Since we have moved here, we have seen and heard several things. As the real ghost story goes, I will have my aunt to tell you what she saw, and then I will tell you what I saw.

Aunt Sandy, 56 years old

I was visiting my niece and her three children. I brought my grand-daughter over so we could have a play date with her little cousins on 8-7-2007.

We were going swimming this day so we were trying to get kids ready to go, there was two boys ages 2 and 4 and two girls ages 3 years old. This was about 3:00 pm when it happened.

I had just gotten my bathing suit on in the 4 year old's bedroom used as a guest room at times. There are 4 bedrooms upstairs and I was in the first room and there are two more bedrooms on this side of the hall way which are the kids rooms, the parents room is on the opposite side on the hallway with a bathroom at the end of the hallway.

So as the story goes I walked out of the little 4 years olds room and looked down the hallway toward the bathroom, and a little boy ran fast from the parents room into the little girls room, which is almost straight across which is about a 12 foot steps apart. So I took off down the hallway thinking "Oh that's just the little 2 year old boy running around", so I was going to go get him and tell him to get out of his sister's room. When I walked into the room, no one was in there and the closet door was open. I was like WHAT? So I then turned around and yelled for my niece Cheryl "are you in here?", I just stood at her doorway wondering if she was in her bedroom because I saw the light on in her bathroom, but she was not there. So I proceeded downstairs scared to death, when I was walking downstairs I could see all the kids were down there playing. I counted them in fright.

My niece was just at the end of the stairwell talking to the kids. She looked up at me and said "WHAT'S WRONG did you see a ghost?" and I asked her, "Why did you say that?" She told me, "because I can see you look like you did!" I told her "YES I DID", and I started crying, and I told her "it, it was a little boy!" I told her I thought it was Nick, and she said, "no, he has been sitting at the table eating an apple for a while and has not been upstairs!". I just kept telling her it was a little boy, and all the kids are here and no one is up there and the little boy had ran across the hallway. My niece looked very content as she was looking at me and she said, she has always sensed something was going on. So I took her up stairs and re-enacted to her what I saw and where it happened. We then took off paranoid out of the house to go swimming.

Cheryl

After my Aunt told me this, I really believed her. She looked so scared and had no reason to not believe her otherwise because we were going to have a fun day, and looking forward to getting out with the kids. I told her that things have been going on in this house since we have moved here. I told her that no one would believe us or take things seriously because usually when someone moves into a home they always wonder if it is haunted as a general idea...

Over the past few months though, several things added up: Like one night all the kids and husband were sleeping and a storm kept me up and after the storm passed, I had went downstairs to watch tv. While watching tv, the bathroom door in the living room opened up all by itself. I knew that one of the kids was messing around so I got up and no one was there, and all the kids were sleeping up stairs. I didn't just hear it, I SAW IT OPEN, but the couch was in the way where I didn't see the bottom the door, just the top, I was sitting on the loveseat... weird!

Then one night, when I was staying up late watching TV, I heard banging noises like someone was throwing toys around up stairs, directly above the living room up in the playroom, so I got up and went up there to get onto the kids, this was about 11:30 pm, but all of the kids were sound asleep. I was like what? Someone was playing in there, but don't know what it was... Another night the same thing had happened and I just ignored it and I was too scared to check it out.

One day, about 4 weeks ago our house alarm went off, for no reason and it was not even set to be on. You have to push number code to set it to be on. The electricity did not go off either. At the time, I was on the computer, and all the doors were still locked downstairs. Too weird again!

Just today, at about 1:30pm while my kids were in their rooms laying down taking naps, I heard awful noises in my little girls room, I was on the phone at the time, so I got off, what I heard sounded like someone ripping off the mini blinds from the windows in her room and it sounded like they were banging against the glass, and then I heard a huge boom as if a big dresser had fallen over. I ran up stairs right away to see if my little girl was messing with something and she was sitting on her bed with a book open, it was a children's bible book and she was looking at it. I saw the mini blinds were tore up a little bit and I asked her what is going on in here and she said I don't know...

Ok, I wander if this has anything to do with my little girl, she is a high functioning autistic child. I have read about demons trying to latch onto autistic children because they are so emotional. I think we will hang a cross in here bedrooms and buy her a cross to wear.

My daughter wakes up frequently at night and is crying and moaning, the day it happen my little girl could not sleep well that night and had woke up about 4 times screaming, I could hear someone jumping around in her room.

What does anyone else think... My aunt Sandy says we live on a high hill and this is where indians lived years ago and maybe it's an indian child's spirit, she says they burned their dead on high hills. I don't know...

I don't know if anything happened in this house or not...

It's all true we have no proof but our own sightings.

Cheryl and her Aunt Sandy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cheryl R, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

WldWestWoman (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-24)
I am wanting to learn more about kids with autism who are sensitive to the paranormal. I really think my son (who has Aspergers) sees ghosts, and I am a little freaked out about it. I can't talk to any of my Christian friends or some of my family about it. They either think it is weird, or demonic... But I don't think it is demonic. Thanks!
supernaturl (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
great story. Am sory they have caused such concern. I am juting commenting to say don't rely on crosses. No offence, im sure it to a extent works but for yor daughters sake don't just rely on a cross. Diffrent spirits require diffent ways of getting rid of them. You should look at different ways. Anywy you say you believe the house on indian land... Reserch their culture and belifes as if the child is indeed ndian then it would be way more productive to use an indian spirit warder. I mean like voodo the more you belve it will work the better chance that it will work. If you catch my drift. ❤
Cherylann2 (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-19)
I saw the little boy myself this TIME!

Saturday before Thanksgiving, me and my mom were re-arranging my downstairs, 2 living rooms and dining room and kitchen... Also putting up decorations.

I was standing next to the living room and foyer where you walk in the home, I had just told my little boy to go and put his books away in his playroom up stairs my other boy was in the kitchen painting, and my little girl was upstairs sleeping, which is directly above that living room and foyer.

My MOM was standing with her back facing the other way. There is a half wall that sepparates the dining area and that front living room. She was in the dining area, I was too when I had heard someone playing dow there I turned around, and saw a little boy spinning around on the marble floor in the foyer part, and as I turned around, then I turned back and took a second look, he was gone. I thought it was my older boy playing around, and I started to yell at him and tell him to go back to painting... My mom was standing right there and said no one was down there, Jeff is still in the kitchen... I said well did Nic go down there, and she said no, he is standing at the stairs trying to get up there with his books. I told her well I saw a boy MOM! Standing in the foyer spinning around, he had his face down and I could see his bare legs and feet and he was playing.

My mom said don't panic. I said I am not, and so we said the Lords Prayer. Then I told my mom, OH MY that is the same spot up stairs where Aunt Sandy had saw the little boy running into Sisters is room, directly UP THERE!

I called Aunt Sandy and I had told her what I saw, she told me she remembered the little boy didn't have shoes on either when she saw him. She thought he had a stripped shirt on.

Recently our downstairs got flooded in the bathroom and half the living room due to a sink that was left on all night, the stopper was stopped up, the water was running slow.

My Aunt Sandy wandered if it really was one of the kids that did it now? Or was it the little boy playing around?
WHO knows...
Cheryl
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Dear Cheryl,

I appreciate you taking the time to write and submit your story here on this site.

You can do your own homework and research the history of the house and previous residents. You may wish to consult your local library, your own title and deed, courthouse records, local genealogy groups, and even the neighbors/townspeople for information.

Other then these informative comments here on your story page, you may wish to read all articles, stories and comments on this site and sister sites for information. Of course, the net is a good resource too.

You may wish to contact and consult your minister or priest depending on your belief system, and have them come in to do a blessing or give you some holy water to do your own. You may want to try Shane's suggestion of a smudging. You may also want to call in a Native American medicine person if you think this may help, as you mention in your story about the burial grounds.

You might try an experiment by separating the autistic child from the house for a period of time on and off. You could then see and record if the house calms down and has no sightings when the child is away.

The best way to find a solution is to first attain as much knowledge about the situation, take action and then use the process of elimination and trial and error until a solution or resolve is found.

One step at a time, and do what you feel makes you and yours comfortable, especially within your own comfort level and belief system.--Abby
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
I had never heard of the smudge or cleansing until I submitted one of my occurances and Shane helped me.

we have crucifixes in every room of our home, I wear a cross daily, my husband and children carry one in their wallet. I will say that having a cross there is a wonderful idea, but doing the smudge and cleansing are also great ideas.

you need to protect your child, that would be my first priority as I can see it ios yours also. Prayer wouldn't hurt either

God Bless!
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Aww...Cheryl,
I pray that your little girl is no longer threatened by these ghosts or demons which ever it may be...

I am know that she is in good hands. You sound like a great mother. God bless.

Ceary
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Martin,
You bring up a good point. This isn't the first autistic child that we have read about here that experienced a ghost. It could very well be that those on the other side are using these special children to try and communicate with those of us on this side. Cheryl and Aunt Sandy you sound well grounded in your belief system, but if you are open to new things you could also try having your home smudge to help remove any negative energies that may be around or in your home. I have directions for performing one here on this site.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-13)
It wouldn't be the first time I have heard of a ghost being attracted to autistic children, so that might be something to investigate. It is highly possible that these children are even more in tune with the spirit worlds than normal children, due to their condition, and ghosts notice their receptiveness.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: