You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Cold Chill Accident

Real Ghost Stories

Cold Chill Accident

 

About 2 years ago, my grandfather took my cousin Josh and I deer spotting out in the country. We sat on the backseat windows and he drove. We weren't having a lot of luck because of the corn all over the place in which the deer hid. We drove for about 5 miles and ended up out in the middle of nowhere, on a dark country road surrounded on both sides by huge cornfields not far from the cemetery.

We were driving really slowly, and our grandpa had the spotlight out looking into the corn and surrounding tree lines. The moon was huge and deep red. It was the middle of summer and really hot out. As we were driving it got really really became cold ,almost freezing for a few seconds, and then the temperature went back to normal. Two minutes later we witnessed a car accident as it happened. No one was hurt or anything, but the front end of one car and the side of another were pretty smashed up. My cousin and I were really FREAKED. We weren't sure if it was something or someone trying to warn us or just a freak accident. I remembered reading somewhere that cold spots were signs of ghost activity. Nothing like this has happened since, but we still wonder to this day what the cold spot was and what it could've meant.

Joshua and Ashley

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ashley Watson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Dear Ashley Watson,

The interpretation in regards to the change in temperature is up to your own interpretation. It is speculation on my part as I was not there. In my present life, I have witnessed many accidents and have not had temperature changes. As I have said in my older comments or others present here today, we each have different interpretations and experiences depending on our own belief systems and day to day, learning life experiences.

The change in temperature may or may not have anything to do with the impending accident.

It may have been a brief moment where earth time just stopped like a freeze frame where the temperature dropped and returned when the accident did actually take place.

It could be that it was just cold at that time. Just a brief chill.

It could be your own symbol and sign that an impending event may be taking place immediately or in the near future.

As I said, the interpretation is up to you as you experienced the chill first hand.

I appreciate you taking the time to write and share your story.--Abby
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-14)
Dear Ashley,
You never know what it could be. It probably was a ghost. Temperatures that go from warm to cold to warm again are typical ghost activities.

Ceary

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: