You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Bed

 

It happened six years ago. I was staying with my aunty for further studies in London. My aunty was kind lady in her fifties and living in a two bedroom house. She showed me the room that has a double divan bed with study table and cupboard.

The first night I was sleeping on this double bed. I woke up in the middle of the night because I heard a weak old woman crying voice saying how come I can sleep on her while she was in so much pain. I was so scared and spent most of my night on the chair.

Next morning, my aunty asked me if I slept okay. I didn't tell her as I thought it could be a nightmare. I was very uncomfortable sleeping on that bed but I had no choice.

After few months, a friend of my aunty was there and was chatting with my aunty and me. He was telling me how he took my aunty to a hospice (a charity shop) where they found this nearly new bed for my bedroom. I was shocked and that night I gave a deep cleaning to this bed.

The base of bed has three drawers. I took one drawer out and I found numerous cards and gift papers behind the drawers. I took them out, and was shocked to find out that they were condolence cards for an old lady who died after a long illness. Some cards have the messages for her children about her age and illness.

I told my aunty everything and put the bundle of cards in front of her and details of my sleepiness due to crying of this old woman who always asked me to wake up and telling me about her pain.

Next day, my aunty throw out the bed and bought me a brand new bed. We got rid off everything belonging to that bed and I requested the spirit of this lady to go away and find peace.

I hope she is not haunting my new bed.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sophyas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-05-18)
If you have thrown out the object to which the spirit was attached, I don't think you need to fear. Unless you have in some way attracted the spirit. But the way you have described, the spirit didn't harm you in any way. So it's highly unlikey. What did you do with the bed and the cards? Did you burn them? Hope the poor spirit has found peace. Usually it is advised that we should not buy something that has trauma or bad incidents attached to them. For example, don't stay in a house where some violent crimes have happened and so on. It is likely to bring bad energy into your lives.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-25)
I think you should have tried to find her children and given the cards to them. It may have helped the ghost to move on. Thanks for the story and hope to hear more from you.
GIRLIE ❤
Sophyas (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
Dear Casper- my aunty's voice and accent is completely different from the noises I heard from that bed.
Thanks for reading my story
Narella (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
I would have been sleeping in a chair for months if I'd had that experience! I'm glad you're trouble free now!
Casper_the_ghost (9 stories) (180 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-22)
To the posters who have commented: As it was her aunt's bed, I'm sure she wouldn't of felt right to go rooting around. You just don't do that!

I liked this story, very creepy and easy to believe! Unless, you don't think it was your aunt who was making these sounds in her sleep?
Sophyas (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
[at] SDS
Thanks for reading my story, I stayed with my aunty for few years and I still go and visit her and stay in same room and bed.
I was scared and used to sleep with my prayer beads in my hands.
When I started living with my aunt, I thought, It was her used bed and considered those voices my nightmares.
Thanks
Sophyas (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-21)
Hi Lady Glow-Thanks for reading my story. The Drawers were empty, I took them out completely from the base and found these cards on top of base protection sheet.

Yes I did hear noises few times.

Yes I am ill for the last six months.

I stayed with my aunt for few years and still go and stay with her and sleep in my new bed
Thanks for reading my story
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
So your aunt got a bed that was used at a hospice from a charity shop? Just the thought of that makes the hair on my arms stand up. Then too find sympathy cards in the drawers! 😲 It's not surprising that this bed came with a spirit attached. Good thing you got rid of it.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
Hello Sophyas, you said that your new bed is not haunted and that means do you still sleep in the same bed. Because you said that you were in London with your aunt and that was past tense. Also, what happened on the subsequent nights after your first sleepless night when you heard the voice. Well, normally, people who have been hearing such voices would either be scared or would not use the bed or the room. Also, generally we would be cleaning the bed once in a while or we would be atleast observing it quite closely, in which case you would have observed that it had 3 drawers. How did you miss it for months until your aunt and her friend discussed this issue. Strange.

Well it is good that nothing happened to you after the new bed was bought.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Bornparanormal (19 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
😕 that seems odd in a way are you sure you where not hearing things
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-04-20)
I have trouble understanding, or trying to understand, few things about your story:

How come your aunt did'n clean the stuff in the drawers after buying the bed?

Did you hear the lady complaining every single night?

Did you ever develop any health problems related to lack of sleep? After all, you say it took few months before finding out the bed was a second hand item.

Why are you afraid about the possibility of your "new" bed being hunted if these events happened six years ago? I think you should have heard the lady if she is still around... Are you still living at your aunt's place or did you take the bed back home with you?

I'm glad the bed had only the ghost of an old, sick lady attached to it, and not an infestation of bed bugs.😨

Thank you for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: