You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: First Encounter - Drowning Lady

Real Ghost Stories

First Encounter - Drowning Lady

 

This encounter happened when I was 11 (I am now 27). Our family owns a compound in Mandaluyong City, Philippines. This compound was an old hospital during the Japanese regime and was sold to my great-grandfather.

There was nothing remodeled except that all the ward have now been rooms we let people lease (somewhat like an apartment). It has 3 floors with a somewhat underground space (like a HUGE basement) which was used as a piggery and has a well beside it. In front of the piggery (not used anymore) were 5 small rooms.

The first floor was a small hallway which had a concrete desk in the middle and has an entrance to the basement on the left and about 4 rooms in the right the stairs to the second floor was behind the concrete desk. The second floor was a LONG hallway with 4 rooms on each sides and has a BIG window in the end with an old bathroom in the right and the stairs to the third floor in the left. Then the third floor is where we had our room. It had 2 rooms. One is ours and the other is for my uncle's. The dining table is in the middle of the third floor with a bathroom in the end of the short hallway.

As this was an old hospital we were already told about ghost stories happening. But my first experience only happened when I was 11. I was in the third floor watching TV (Dragonball) then after a few minutes I felt diarrhea coming so I had rush to the restroom. Sadly the third floor restroom is being used by my dad so I had to go down to the second floor (that restroom is rarely used, and I'll discover why in a few minutes).

So, I was in the 2nd floor restroom (mid-sized restroom with a large steel drum of water) when I heard a bubble pop up from the steel drum. Thinking that it was only my imagination, I ignored it. When I was done, I went for the "Tabo" (its a tool we used to scoop water when taking a bath or wash) to wash. After a few seconds, when I was done putting my clothes back on (my back on the drum), I heard the bubble again... This time it sounded like a bigger bubble. At that moment goosebumps and fear took control... But as much fear as I was feeling, I don't know why I felt the urge to take a peek at the drum.

What I saw is still clear in my mind even after 18years. I saw a near-naked lady who is somewhat trapped and getting drowned in the water... She is trying to rise but it seems like the water got her trapped inside it... She kept hitting the water as if it was a cover.

I was just paralyzed with terror that I couldn't move, but what pushed me to move was when she screamed... It sounded as if she wasn't in the water and was just beside me... So I ran upstairs crying to my dad and told him about what happened. As a skeptic as he was, he said it was only my imagination.

Other hauntings by SplyZe0315

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SplyZe0315, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-10-13)
Hi, just want to ask where in Mandaluyong did you experience all these stuff? I am also from Mandaluyong.
bluemer04 (1 stories) (58 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-27)
I find it scary and at the same time confusing. Would you mind if I ask, where exactly is it located? Or just the place in Mandaluyong?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
It is irrelevant if the place/land was blessed sometime in the 1880's...I was just wondering if all the activity began after the house was used like a hospital during the Japanese regime, but after reading your other stories -specially number four- it wouldn't surprise me if your grandaunt and her sister were the ones summoning these spirits to the house. 😐
...that is, assuming that all these experiences happened in there.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-16)
-lady-glow- doesn't that mean the same? Forgive me if i'm not using those words right but it has the same idea for me... Because most of the land in the Philippines starts out as either a farm or woods. Then when those lands get claimed they are turned to whatever the owner wants them. So, basically, my statement meant that as far as I know when the property or land was turned or built as a residence it was blessed.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
...it has been blessed when it was TURNED into a residence in the 1880's...
...as far as the history that I know is that it was blessed in the 1880's when it was BUILT as a residence...

What do you mean, exactly? 😕
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-15)
-lady-glow- I understand, As far as the history that I know is that it was blessed in the 1880s when it was built as a residence, then, it was used as a hospital in the japanese regime (based on the elders and the history passed down to them). To it being a landmark, your'e right... I should check on that. I still know the address, checking about it being a landmark in our country didn't cross my mind until you mentioned it. But yes, its around that old... 😉
Swimsinfire (11 stories) (556 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-14)
I'm confused as well about the years. Maybe it's a language thing. Could you clarify the dates of it's being built and the getting blessed. Good story though.
Charne35 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-13)
This is such a very scary story! If it happened to me I would have ran very fast and very far...
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
-1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Do I smell something fishy on your story? 🤔
Please correct me if I am wrong, but the Japanese regime over the Philippines lasted from 1942 to 1945 and the house in your story used to be a hospital during this period, how could it have been blessed in the 1880's? -Do you mean the building had a different function before the Japanese used it like a hospital? 😕

If this building has been standing since the 1880's it would make it at least 130 years old and probably is a landmark of the city. Do you know if it is possible to find the history of this place on line?

Thanks.
SplyZe0315 (4 stories) (24 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
- lady-glow - It has been blessed when it was turned into a residence in the 1880s if I got my history right. It was never re-blessed after that, but, it didn't really matter because the entity's aren't hurting anyone (well, some will act like they'll hurt you just to scare, like the incidence in my other story). Eventually, our family and the tough tenants got used to them... I mean, we will get surprised and kind of creeped out initially when they pop up or play around but eventually those incidences will either be funny or sad once you get to understand them. Nobody told why no one was using that old restroom I went to, but I haven't heard anyone tell me about the lady there, either. So, I guess it's a new entity I discovered, I got scared... But as I go through it over my mind through these years, I felt sorry for her... I can tell you atleast about 20 incidences in this house alone... There're these dwarfs, shadows, imps, the well poltergeist, the morgue doctor, the doppleganger, the mischievous spirit (funny one!), and many more... I'm writing all the experiences I had in this place, then I will share them as soon as I have the chance...:)
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-11-12)
Do you know if any of your family members or the tenants ever saw this lady in the steel drum?
Hospitals are places of pain, despair and death, and since your house used to be a hospital it wouldn't be difficult to find some paranormal activity in it.

Did your family ever try to cleanse or bless the place after transforming it into apartments?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: