You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Visit From Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

A Visit From Grandpa

 

In a few of my other encounters, I have talked about my Grandpa that I think may have visited me before in my old house (either that or an older man, I never was entirely sure). What I'd regretted to share was I had been visited by him in another location, and that I was not the only one. And in these encounters, rather than a simple picture, my Grandfather appeared to me and had physical contact with me.

My Grandma, before moving, lived with him in Santa Maria, California for several years. And it was in that house that my grandfather died, tragically, before I was born. And while most of the house seemed normal, the guest room that I enjoyed sleeping in when I visited her (and I did this often) always has had a presence, not just for me, but for others too.

I'll distinctly talk about two times that I encountered what I am sure was the spirit of my grandfather. As well as two other accounts that were not my own, but told to me with great confidence by my cousin, and relayed to me with curiosity by my mother (a skeptic herself).

The first time I "met" my grandfather was when I was around six. I was staying with my grandmother, and was being a mischievous little kid. She had told me repeatedly to go to sleep, but at the time it was three o'clock AM and I was still up and awake. My mother has always told me that when they misbehaved, my grandfather would gently give them a "Charlie horse" by gripping their leg tight. Well that night, without warning, I got one myself, right on the knee. It was just an unexplainable sharp feeling that, when I finally turned off the light, and fell asleep, stopped completely. Of course, I was younger then, so I didn't really understand what had happened until I was older and I put it together with my second experience.

When I was a little older, maybe ten, I was just getting to sleep in the guest room, and it was late at night. Suddenly I felt someone gently rubbing my back before laying a gentle kiss on my head. Thinking it was Grandma, I lifted my head and opened my eyes to tell her goodnight. What I saw however, surprised me. A man now stood in the doorway, dressed casually, and wordlessly looked at me with a smile. He put a finger to his mouth in a "SHHHH" motion and then turned around and walked away. It was only the next day that I realized the man looked exactly like my Grandpa.

The funny thing when you get older is that you talk about these experiences with family members around your age. In this case, I shared both experiences with my cousin, who seemed to go pale. She related to me that while SHE was staying in the guest room, she was awakened to someone gently running their hand through her hair. She turned to wish Grandma goodnight, just like I did. But realized there was NO ONE there.

I've told my mom these stories several times. But she and my dad don't believe in ghosts one bit, so they laugh it off most of the time.

One time, however, my mom did get a bit spooked about this too. We were at dinner and mom brought up if she remembered correctly that my cousin and I remembered being visited by Grandpa's ghost in our old home. I confirmed it, and she told me that the new owners of the house (my grandma had since moved away) were family friends who had talked to my other cousin, who lives in the area. They asked if my grandma's husband was a joking type, and she confirmed that was true.

It turns out that multiple times during the night, the lady that lives there has been awakened to someone playfully tickling her toes. As she described it, the hands felt too rough to be a woman's, and then they remembered my Grandfather died while living there, lending credence to the fact that the house is most definitely haunted.

So, my question to cap off my story is this. Is it possible for a spirit to be attached to two different places? On top of this, I had the man in my house (who still may be someone else) so I figured it was a question best asked of other people.

Other hauntings by Cman710

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cman710, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-05)
[at] MelLundquist: That would make A LOT of sense.:) Thanks for the input, and glad you loved it.:)
MelLundquist (8 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-09-14)
In this case I do not think your grandfather was attached to the place. I think he was attached to the people. I loved this story it is wonderful that your grandfather visited you and others in your family.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
[at] Elnoraemily: No problem! Thanks for reading!:D

And yes, it's always comforting to know whether as a ghost or guardian angel (whichever he may be), my grandfather is watching over us.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Very sweet story! Thank you you for sharing!

The idea that your grandpa is still around to help is heartwarming.
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-28)
Ugh, there was a minor mistake I say "Visited by our grandfather's ghost in our old home" but actually meant "In Grandma's old home". Forgive me for that one. XD Just thought I'd clarify.:)
Cman710 (9 stories) (94 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
[at] notjustme: Haha! Yes he did have a great sense of humor at least! XD Glad you enjoyed.

[at] Valkricry: That makes a lot of sense. I guess it would make sense for them to be attached to people and bloodlines more. Thanks for your input.:)
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
Personally, I don't think a spirit is necessarily attached to any particular place, but often, more to people/ bloodlines. If you read through the accounts on here, you'll find many that claim/tell about visitations from passed relatives, sometimes in places that in life, they had never even been. So, were you visited by Grandpa in two different locals? It's possible.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-27)
How sweet! I enjoyed this story very much. You're so lucky you get contact from him! I too always think about my mother's father, whom I have never met but heard many great things. I knew my mom was his favourite and I often feel he's around me too. I hope I get to see him like you did. Your grandpa seems like he has a great sense of humour. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: