You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Protected?

Real Ghost Stories

Protected?

 

It started when I was 15 years old. All of the sudden, I woke up in the middle of the night. It was like someone was hitting my walls. I first thought it was my sister, because she was sleeping in the room next to me. I asked her but she denied, and one night I checked and she was indeed sleeping. I felt so much fear, but I told myself to close myself for this and to not be afraid. Yet, I couldn't always close myself against this fear. This happened once in a few days. Then it stopped.

Then I got flu, I was laying in my bed. I heard someone walking on the stairs, and I was convinced that my sister was there, because I saw someone walking into my sister's room. So I said something, but got no answer. I checked and she was not there. I was confused and first thought it was my fever. But then I realized I actually heard someone walking on the stairs.

Then, there was silence. Nothing happened, until my boyfriend was there. We both heard someone knocking on the door, but there was no one when we opened. That happened two times in my home, and one time in his home.

The last experience was when I did go to sleep one night. I was falling asleep when I heard a scream. It was so hard, and almost demonic. Not human at all. I was shocked, couldn't move of being afraid. I sat there for like 30 seconds, and then I turned my lights and slept with my lights on.

From then nothing happened anymore, except for one thing. I was looking out of the window, and I thought my sister was putting a hand on my shoulder, comforting. But no one was there. I felt rest, and comfort.

So am I being protected or something?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CalypsoKimm, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
i do beg your pardon my cousin offered to babysit and so my first night of (having 1 too many wines feel as though I'm babbling poop) feels the need to get some sleep

I will regain myself in the morning and take all the (tomato pelting) that is given to me ❤ 😊
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-03)
what I would like to know is where we all get our theorys from (myself included) this is just me asking a few simple questions as to where why what and when... We all dismiss movies very quick but don't movies come from some sort of legendtheoryidea that these things have happened some point in life even though some are very much exagorated in films BUT again I feel that though thousands of years these stories legends have origanted from somewhere but the internet hasnt always been around, I think legends are a form of chinese whispers... Something starts of original but ends up very hollwood

Infact a lot of movies have been formed from true life experiences but the (scenes that end in death blood and gore) are mostly made up to make good money, but if you look behind the movie and actually check out the real experiences that actually occured then most of them are very believable (sorry for the long comment I have had a bit of a merry night) ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
Greetings, CalypsoKimm.

Along with several others, I suspect that poltergeist activity (the physical manifestation of suppressed, hormonally-supercharged emotions) is the cause of your terrifying nocturnal experiences.

However, I do hope you'll forgive me for derailing the conversation for a few minutes, but I'd like further clarification by Groggzy on his statement (from 2 days ago!).

Groggzy wrote:
"Hi[.] [T]his is so similar to a[n] experience that a woman whose house I have investigated had[.] [T]he only thing you can do is tell whatever it is you don't want it there as I told her." This seems to be a very confrontational approach in light of the fact the only incident of note since the banging & screaming ENDED was a reassuring hand on CalypsoKimm's shoulder.

"Thankfully it seems your ghost/spirit has decided to leave you alone." It did this without Kimm's resorting to confrontation? This observation runs counter to your previous claim of "the only thing you can do..." Is there something Kimm may have accomplished inadvertently? Has the reassuring presence somehow performed an exorcism without her knowledge?

"The sounds tell me it is a residual haunting while the physical contact makes it seem intelligent so maybe more than one spirit involved." While I agree that there may be "more than one spirit involved," because we cannot rule out the potential for a guardian entity having ousted the troublesome spirit, the question I'd REALLY like you to answer first is how the difference in behaviors ca be used to distinguish the types of entities without travelling to Belgium first. Do intelligent haunts NOT seek attention through speech, noises, frustrated banging, etc.? Do residual hauntings never touch people, even accidentally? Are there no alternative explanations which suggest themselves?

I think we all appreciate the insights of a bona fide ghost investigator's contributions here at YGS as your extensive practical experience gives your technical insights some weight (Miracles, Grannie, & assorted "loonies" notwithstanding). However, if you take a moment to re-read your initial post from the perspective of a complete stranger who is describing concerns which she suspects will make her vulnerable to insults or mockery, the abrupt announcement that her one option is to do what you tell her, and that you know that she's mistaken in her assumption there's one scary entity because there are two entities (the one which initially terrified her plus one that can touch her and knows who she is). The details in your message -for all I know- may be 100% accurate, but PLEASE exercise a little empathy for the original poster before rushing to list potentially-horrifying details. It appears to me that your comments are well-intentioned, but you were so focused on expressing your insights that you forgot to take into account the potentially-fragile feelings of the recipient. As an investigator, you are a skeptic; debunking hauntings by asking reassuringly practical questions about hot and cold water pipes in the walls, the proximity of neighboring structures, open drainpipes that may cause scream-like sounds in strong winds, etc., may be far more reassuring first, then (with more details at your fingertips) express your concerns because you've limited the potential misunderstanding each other.

Thanks,
-Biblio
Goggzy (guest)
-1
9 years ago (2015-08-17)
Hi this is so similar to a experience that a woman whose house I have investigated had the only thing you can do is tell whatever it is you don't want it there as I told her. Thankfully it seems your ghost/spirit has decided to leave you alone. The sounds tell me it is a residual haunting while the physical contact makes it seem intelligent so maybe more than one spirit involved.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Thanks for the prompt reply Rook and Yes that did helped knowing what actually it is.

Regards & Respect
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
sush,

The movie... Either of them... Really was NOT what Poltergiest Activity is.

Poltergiest: derived from German... Basicly means noisy ghost. In cases of poltergiest activity noises are heard and...or...objects get moved. Things like footsteps are heard... Doors open or close on their own,,, small things get tossed around the room. These type of maifestations occur around individuals with extremely high stress levels, possibly the result of psychokenetic outbursts OR a spirit that has been attracted to the energy level and type. Most commonly reported when a member of the family is going through puberty... But this type of haunting can happen at other times depending on the individual. They also stop when puberty comes to an end or the stress levels change.

Does that help any?

Respectfully,

Rook
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Hi rookdygin! What is poltergiest actually?

I saw that movie but I did not understand it.

Also, reallity and cinema are poles apart.

Respect & Regards
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Rook,
I forgot to mention that the reason why most teens lose their sensitivity or connection is because their parents put it in their heads that there is no such thing. I had a friend who's father didn't want her to have anything to do with me because in his eyes I was the Devils daughter because things I said would happen did. It depends on how religious a parent is because I know Catholics and Lutherans definitely frown upon the paranormal.
Regards
Red
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Rook
It does make sense. My husband has zero abilities. But if he had anything the stress our daughter puts us through "might" have caused activity. My husband is sort of a nonbeliever. The only 2 spirits he believes in is my grandfather and his father.
The evening I ordered the puppy I felt a spirit pat me on the shoulder and told my husband. He said someone is here and I told him it had to be my grandfather because he takes in all of my dogs that have passed.
Funny story. When my grandfather was still alive one of the doctors in my pediatric group told me to get rid of my dogs. Everyone was fighting over who would get Bear a Newfoundland Hound/Chow mix. My grandfather ended the argument by saying "HE" was taking Bear. I talked to my regular pediatrician told me he doesn't tell parents to get rid of their dogs, kids are easier to get rid of. We had a good laugh over that because my daughters' asthma would be muuch worse if it was caused by the dogs.
Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Red,

The Poltergiest Phenomenon (Do doo bee-do-doo) 😲

Is not ONLY linked to teenagers and the changes, stresses their bodies are going through. They are however the BEST DOCUMENTED and most often reported.

In some cases with 'older' individuals there will be less activity becasue as the individual grew older the ability for the energy to 'project' lessened... With no 'outlet' the emotional and physical stresses are worse for the individual being effected.

Ummm, think of it like this... New borns and young children are more sensitive to the Paranormal becasue they are 'wide open'. For most individuals this 'openess' goes away as they age, for whatever reason that 'sensitivity' shuts down. By the time they reach their late teens early 20's this 'connection, sensitivity' call it what you will, has closed off completly... Becasue of this when they go through the 'mid-life crisis or menopause the 'extra energy' has no 'escape valve... Which leads to more physical and mental stress for the individual. For those who have 'remained open' there is an increased chance for poltergiest activity... Just the same as for pre-teens...teens...going through puberty.

I do hope that makes some sort of sense.

As far as the puppy goes...😁 😁 BIG PUPPY. Good for you.

I do not think we can 'replace' any who have been lost to us, each fills our lives in their own special way. Those who have passed are not to be forgotten or replaced but become Cherished memories with-in our households.

Respectfully,

Rook
bankzjoe (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
It is scary alot, only that we can't hide away from such supernatural beings, I also have such experiences when in sick
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-15)
Rook
I have a question to ponder. If teens have poltergeist activity because of there hormone changes and stress levels and such. Then why is it that middle age adults who have hormone changes and much more stress levels and such don't also have poltergeists? Women have menopause, men just go through a mid life crisis, although doctors and scientists now call that male menopause.
BTW You were right about me getting a puppy soon. My husband and I are going to the airport tonight to pick up our Maloot Malamute. A larger Malamute than normal. Three months old and almost 40 pounds. From Arlington Tx. Not to replace Jethro but I am ready to extend our furry family. All the dogs are still mourning a pup will pick them up.
Regards
Red
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
Most of what you describe sounds like a poltergiest. Did all of these experiences happen while you were in your teens (15-19yrs old)?

The hand on your shoulder could have been many things... Comfort from a past relative... Your guardian... As a 'one off' experience its hard to say.

Respectfully,

Rook
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-14)
Hi CalypsoKimm! I think some sort of a strange fear had clinch your mind. People see strange things when they are sick.

I too, when admitted in a hospital (due to heart attack) experienced such thing a year before. I saw my elder brother laying in a bed opposite to me unconsciously. The visual was so prominent that I almost get off the bed with all the equipment/wires intact with me but a nurse saw me and she forcefully lied me back on my bed and after that doctor gave me some injections and I dozed off after that.

You are experiencing these experiences out of your fear from unknown entity and you are over thinking/concentrating on the events..., are playing with your mind.

Whether you are protected or not can't say anything about it. But I would suggest you to go outside, visit new places just to refresh yourself and don't think what is happening with you.

Just a suggestion.

Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: