You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Lesson From A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Lesson From A Ghost

 

It was a cold, foggy morning of August 16, 2017, that I decided to go out for a run. I planned to take my usual route which is to get to Mines View via South Drive-Outlook Drive. This is my usual route so I was expecting nothing. It would be a normal run. I didn't expect something out of the ordinary to happen.

Here's what happened:

As I crossed the intersection going to South Drive, I stopped to do some stretches in front of the Panagbenga Park. Mostly during this hour (around 4 A.M), you would see other joggers run. Although not by a lot, you would see and run past other joggers. However, this day, there weren't that many joggers around. It was maybe due to the heavy fog surrounding the whole of Baguio this day. So, as I was doing my stretches, I saw, what I assumed was another jogger enter the area. As he passed by me, he greeted me a good morning and asked why the weather is gloomy this morning. I courteously replied and began a small chat with him. After which, he then asked me if he could partner up with me for the morning jog. I agreed and thus we began running.

As we jogged through the area, a conversation about family and life in general ensued. He asked me if there's one thing in life that I regret to which I answered, "maybe". I returned the question to him and he said his regret in life is that he became a workaholic. He said that he didn't get to say all the things he wanted his family and loved ones to know until it was too late. He said that if he had time, he will tell them how much they mean to him.

I was intrigued. I asked him why he can't do that now. I also told him that maybe he can do that this day. He said he can't anymore. I was thinking maybe, for whatever reasons he might have, he had a falling out with these people and not on speaking terms with them. I began to tell him that it's alright to ask forgiveness and that he should talk to them.

That triggered something in him that all of a sudden a change in his voice tone was felt. He sarcastically told me that if he can, he would do it. I apologized and said that maybe we can talk about something else.

As we approached the old Hyatt Hotel area, he stopped me and faced me and said: It is time, my friend. It's not that we lose time. We all have it. It's the choices you make and how you use time is what makes us feel we use it. I made the wrong choice. I chose work. And all is gone in an instant. Use your time wisely.

And just like that, he vanished right in front of me. I remained rooted to where I was standing. Fearfully trying to make out what had just happened. I realized that all this while, I was talking to a ghost. I looked around me, in my frantic search to look for my so-called jogging buddy, I realized where I was: The Hyatt Hotel ruins entrance.

Scared out of my wits, I continued my way towards the Baguio Country Club and hailed the first cab that came into sight.

Other hauntings by jaded_disciple

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jaded_disciple, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

jaded_disciple (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-05-15)
Jubeele, the 1990 Luzon Earthquake was indeed a dark and sad time. Yes, drivers that traverse the road still honk upon reaching the old Hyatt Hotel entrance and a lot of joggers and pedestrians usually cross to the other side to avoid passing right in front of the entrance. Thank you for sharing the links!

Lady-glow - Thank you for reading. I'm glad that you liked it. To clarify, apologies, most of the conversation happened during the stops and slowdowns during the entire run. I am not a runner to be able to do that. Lol!

EmmalineTexas - Yes, actually. I was going through stress from work and relationships at that time. The morning that it happened, I went out to run to clear my mind off of things. So, I guess, he came at the right time and the right place to knock some sense into me.

ShadowSS - The 1990 Luzon earthquake struck the Philippines at 4:26 p.m. On July 16 at 3:26 p.m. Hyatt Hotel (Hyatt Terraces Plaza) was one of the structures that collapsed during that time. Too many casualties and deaths (mom lost 2 of her best friends there when the tragedy struck).

MarbleMae - I do not have a reason nor an answer as to why he was able to communicate with me. I guess, what his intentions were was not for him to use me to communicate with his family but to let me know how family, relationships and time is what matters. He just wanted to let me know that. I guess.

This comment from Anubis_return is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
<*ahem*...Clears her throat> Pardon the interruption folks, but I feel I should have my 2 cents' worth. Especially for the sake of the younger readers here on YGS.

This is a kindly-meant caution. Inviting an unknown entity to speak through his/her person seems to me a very risky venture. Even a trained, experienced medium/psychic wouldn't do this without due precautions against "possession".

There is also the risk of an untrained practitioner may become overwhelmed and lost through the experience. Who knows how many spirits or entities may decide to take up the offer? Please tread very carefully with things we do not fully understand. 😟

<Bows and puts away the soapbox she borrowed from another YGS member.>

ShadowsSS - if you refer to my comment at the bottom, Hyatt Terraces was left in ruins after the Luzon earthquake in 1990. Many lives were tragically lost. 😢
MarbleMae (6 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-30)
Wait, wait... If he could talk to you (as in you could see & hear him), why didn't he just ask you if he could talk through you to his relatives/loved ones? I'm sure you must've come across as an understanding & kind guy, & with all that talk about wasted opportunities, I thought he would've taken the chance...

Anyways--& this request is only if it's something you're willing to do, ofc--if you come across him again, or c choose to seek him out, could you maybe offer him that opportunity?
ShadowSS (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-11-20)
This story is very intriguing and interesting. What your "jogging buddy" said really is something to take to heart. I also had a question and that question was what happened to the Hyatt Hotel?
EmmalineTexas (10 stories) (163 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
Jaded_Disciple - Thanks for your story. I really enjoyed it. I do have a question for you. Was there anything going on in your life that paralleled what the ghost was giving you advice about; i.e. Family problems, job stress? Sometimes, in the universe we attract what we need. Just curious.

Jubeele - Thanks for always posting links to additional info. I had no idea that the damage in the Phillipines was that extensive. How tragic.

Jaded, I'm looking forward to reading a lot more of your stories on YGS.

Thanks,
Emma
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-12)
I have two things to say about your experience:

First, the spirit's advice was very wise. Second, you have to be in really good shape if you're able to jog and talk at the same time for, what looks like, a considerable distance. I would have stopped after few minutes huffing and puffing my lungs out!

Keep the good work and thanks for sharing.
Jubeele (26 stories) (892 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-11-11)
I remember the 1990 Luzon earthquake. It was such a terrible tragedy. Do drivers still honk their horns on South Drive to alert any passing spirits?

I found these links looking up the former Hyatt Terraces:
Http://www.vistapinas.com/article/hyatt-terraces-hotel-ruins
Http://www.gobaguio.com/files/Pages/articles-spooky-page2.html

This was eerie but very sad at the same time. That spirit obviously needed to pass on his message to someone. You were there at the right place and right time for him. I hope he can move on and finally be at peace. Thanks for sharing your experience.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: