You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Day I Learnt My Lesson

Real Ghost Stories

The Day I Learnt My Lesson

 

A little background before I start. I come from a Native American family and this story takes place when I was thirteen.

I used to like riding my dirt bike out in the hills. I'd usually be out for hours, always returning when the sun started going down. On this one particular trip I was cruising along the top of a flat hill in the summer sun. Ahead of me about 30 or so feet I saw something shining, as I got closer I saw it was a medallion type necklace. It was beaded with metallic parts along the thread, I thought it looked cool so I took it home. This turned out to be a big mistake.

I had the medallion in my dresser and I didn't bother to tell anyone about it. The night after I found it was when things started to go bad. I was lying in my bed on my side trying to fall asleep, then I felt as if someone lied down next to me. I felt whatever it was lean in closer and start breathing really hard into my ear. I was paralyzed with fear, I didn't want to move nor look at whatever was behind me so I screamed and within a few seconds my dad burst into my room. I was crying and he was mad that I woke him up, he asked what the hell I was screaming for and I told him there was someone in my room. He didn't believe me and told me to get back to bed. I didn't sleep at all that night.

Over the next few days similiar things happened and sometimes I would catch glimpses of something pacing around outside the windows at night. Then on the last day my Grandpa came over to visit while my parents were out. He asked me how things have been and I told him what's been happening. He put his coffee down and looked me dead in the eyes and said "What did you do." Obviously I was surprised he would suspect me but then I remembered the medallion. I told him about it and he got pissed, he was yelling and cussing at me. Telling me I shouldn't take stuff like that because it doesn't belong to me.

Just then a heavy pair of antique handcuffs that were on the wall flew across the room and almost hit me. So I grabbed the medallion, got on my dirt bike and went back to where I found it. It was difficult but I was finally able to locate where I had found it. I laid it down, said a prayer and apologized to whoever owned it, then made my way back home. Things were calmer at the house, so I knew I did something right. My grandpa was still upset with me but he was glad I put it back. Now I knew better than to take someone elses property, whether they are alive or not.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YellowHawk, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elt (1 stories) (21 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
I love this story so do you think you're going to be picking up any more medallions during your travels? 😊 😆
Unicron1000 (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
I have a question about the medallion: Where EXACTLY did you find it at? Was it just lying around?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-03-31)
YellowHawk - this is a fascinating experience.
It's obvious that someone or something was attached to the medallion but, do you have any idea if it was a ceremonial piece? Did you show it to your Grandfather? Are you aware if the area where you found it holds a special relevance to the inhabitants of that region?

Gee! Wouldn't it be nice if we were able to telepathically bother any thief that has stolen our property?

Welcome to YGS and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: