You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Uneasy Spirit Lingering

Real Ghost Stories

Uneasy Spirit Lingering

 

I just moved into my girlfriend's apartment and within the first week, while I was going to sleep one night, I saw a dark shadow floating above me with glowing eyes. I thought maybe it was just a dream but then my 2 year old was waking up in the middle of the night screaming and crying and pointing at something in the room. One night I had just put her to bed and an hour later she woke up again the same way, this time her bedroom door was slightly open and her 7 year old sister was awake and had a terrifying look on her face and kind of whimpered and hid under the covers. That's when I knew something was up.

The next morning I spoke with my girlfriend about it and her 7 year old said she saw something like a shadow coming out of the closet and it had wings.

I immediately looked up ways to get rid of it and I have found what helps is reading Psalms 91 a minimum of 7 times and sprinkling salt in the corners of every room. Open windows and doors to let it escape and be strong with prayers and bible reading. It hasn't woken anyone up for over a week now, however, right after a strong prayer tonight in our kids' room, a mirror fell to the ground in our room and there was an awful screeching sound, like a cat getting it's tail stepped on.

My girlfriend reassures me that because we read the bible and pray a lot the entities do become aware that you are waking up to another dimension and to not be scared because that is when they can thrive off of your energy and take advantage of you. Hope this can help anyone seeking ways to ease the uneasiness in their homes...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BillyB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

BillyB (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-31)
Its so interesting how scared I was but the 7 year old just shrugged everything off like it wasn't a big deal...anyway, nothing has happened since and we even agreed that there is a more calming and peaceful environment in the apartment.
Jubeele (25 stories) (885 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-24)
Hi BillyB, how very terrifying for your little girls. I'm glad that the salting, prayers and reciting the Psalms worked for you. I trust they're both fine and none the worse for their experiences. Wonder what could screech like a cat getting its tail stepped on? 🐈

I find that prayer and meditation works for me whenever I feel something is "off". Sometimes, I just say out loud firmly: "There'll be no such nonsense in this place".

I agree that too much fear is unhealthy and leads to panic which will further complicate matters. But a tiny pinch of 'fear' can be healthy if it means that due caution and respect is observed in all things.

Thanks for sharing this - welcome to YGS. Wishing you and your family a peaceful and happy Christmas. 🎄

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: