You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: First Night In New Zealand

Real Ghost Stories

First Night In New Zealand

 

This happened to me on the night of 6th of Feb., when I arrived in Auckland, New Zealand. It was a lovely day, my dad and his business partner were sitting, looking for us in the crowd. I ran to him and leaped into his arms. There was a lady standing next to him, she smiled sweetly at me, I smiled back and said "Hello" My dad looked at her and smiled, "Sheni, Shy (shy is a nickname for my brother) this is my girl friend Sharnel, who I told you about..." My face went blank, but I tried to hide it. I shook hands with her. I wasn't ready to hug her. They lived together in a 2 bedroom house in New Market. It wasn't quite big enough, so he bought a new house, in Manukau. He said we'll move in tomorrow, and for today we're sleeping over at his friend/business partner's (Andrew's) house.

We got into separate cars and drove off. We got to Andrew's house, it was quite big. It had 4 bedrooms and 2 visitors rooms. The four of us had separate rooms to sleep in, my dad and his girl friend in one room, me and my brother in 2 separate rooms. Me and my brother were upstairs. I jumped into bed after watching a movie with everyone. I dozed off, I heard my dad and his friend open the doors and climb up the stairs to watch some t.v, with the volume on low. I listened to it, and just opened my eyes, because the t.v was in the next room. I looked around the room, and there on top of the cupboard, I could see a figure, a man sitting on top of the cupboard, he looked like he was in his 40's, he was crouching down, looking at me. I felt uncomfortable, and I closed my eyes and began to pray, this is normal, because my uncle and aunt have taught me that's the first thing I should do.

The next morning as I woke up, the first thing I did was take a good look at the room, and I rubbed my eyes, washed and changed, and went down stairs. There was a corridor sort of place, full of pictures/portraits of old people. As I walked down, I saw that same man on a portrait, but about 10 years younger, I stared at it. "That was my great grandpa" I jumped and looked behind, a few feet away was Andrew smiling at me. "G' Morning" I said smiling back. He laughed politely and said, "this house has been passed on for 6 generations". My mouth dropped to the floor, "wow", I said looking at all the portraits. "Did you sleep well?" I smiled a bit weakly and said "Yes, thank you". He said "Good, that's good..." I stared at the picture once more and shook my head. Pretty much the end of the story. Thanks for reading! Take care and luck be with you always.

-Shenny.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shenny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

taylorchelsea (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-09)
omg, that was around the same time I went to see my cousins and aunty in Papatoetoe. Paranormal things have been happening here too! Its normal for them now, cause it happens often like draws opening when we came home once, cupboards open, and things missing and re appearing randomly.

And I often see black shadows of people, and not just at night!
chibi_ninja_kitsune (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-17)
Hm... Maybe Andrew's great-grandfather didn't like you in the room. Maybe he didn't know you? Hey, you arrived on Waitangi Day! Cool! (I should know, I'm a kiwi myself!)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-06)
You are welcome, Shenny. I always hated it when people would use words around me that I did not know the meanings of. I still hate to see it happen to myself or to others. ๐Ÿ˜†
Thank you.
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Dear Whtebuffalo,
Thank you! For finding that word for me. Now I understand. ๐Ÿ˜Š
-Shenny. โค
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-05)
Dear FRAWIN,
Thanks very much for taking the time to read my experience.

Take care, and God bless,
Shenny. โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hi Shenny,
I just thought I would give you the meaning of the word that Andrew used as you said you do not know what it means.
Tosh: "Foolish nonsense. Pretentious or silly talk or writing..." (The American Heritageยฎ Dictionary) in essence, he was giving you his opinion of such beings. Just remember, it is his OPINION.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-04)
Hello Shenny. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I found it very interesting. I can see where you would get uncomfortable, the unexpected visits can scare you even if "they "don't mean to. Take Care.

FRAWIN ๐Ÿ˜Š โค
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Dear KimSouthO,
Thanks for reading my story. โค
Andrew doesn't really believe in ghosts. He calls is "tosh" please don't ask me what it is. I have absolutely no clue. Take care,
Shenny. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Dear Whitebuffalo,
Thanks for taking the time to read my story, and honestly, I don't know how tall it was, I'm very bad at measurements. And I believe that he was just watching over the house too. It's a very old one. And time and again I question myself why as well. I'm a VERY curious person, it's in the family. Take care, Shenny. โค
Shenny (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Dear Tammy,
Thank you very much, for taking the time to read my story. And that's a really good question, but I'm still learning things. I learn somehting everyday. SO maybe someday, someone could answer that. ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thanks again,
Take care and good luck wiht you always.
Shenny. โค
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Shenny,
What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing it! I wonder, do you think it possible Andrew was aware that there may have been some 'family' viviting the home as well? Just curious, from your exchange as you looked at the family portraits. He, lpr maybe family close to him, may have been aware that there were some ancestors that frequented the home, considering its long history.

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Shenny,
How wonderful, the history of the home, within the story. For the house to have been within the family for six generations is something almost unheard of in these parts. It happens, just not often. It brings to my mind the old Scottish castles with the tapestries still hanging against the concrete walls. Truly nostalgic.
I was just wondering at the height of the cupboard that this forty year old man was sitting on? Here recently I have read several stories where a person saw a ghost sitting atop a bureau, dresser, cupboard or shelf unit and I can not imagine why.
I AM human though, and there is NO WAY that I could know the reasoning's as to why ghosts do some of the things they do. This is just my curiosity speaking, and may just be one of the things I am not meant to understand just yet.
With the confirmation of the ghost being that of your fathers friends Great Grandpa, I would think that he was just watching out for the safety of his ancestral home.
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-03)
Dear Shenny, hi. I'm not sure if I have ever posted a comment on one of your stories as I'm relatively new to this site. And yet, since I have the chance to do that now I would like to say that I have trully enjoyed each one of them but I was mostly touched by the one dedicated to your mother. I wish you all the luck and love in this world and hope that you will always be safe.

That being said, after reading this story, I think it goes without saying that the male figure watching you that night, must have been around for quite some time watching others as well. I wonder if they have ever seen him as you have. Do you thing he knew that you could see him too? It has always been one thing I would like to know.

Well, thanks for your interesting story and hope to have you back soon.

Tammy ๐Ÿ˜Š โค

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: