You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Pencil Game Demon

Real Ghost Stories

Pencil Game Demon

 

First of all, this didn't happen to me, it happened to my friends, and it was really stupid of them to do this, I know.

It all started when my friends started playing a game where you take three pencils and make them into a square with a missing side and your parter makes the same thing and you put them together. You then ask it questions like a Ouiji board. Your answer is what direction the pencils move in.

So anyway, they got in contact with a ghost named Charlie that had died of child abuse, but things soon went bad. One of my friends saw a dark figure on her roof when she was hame alone. Another heard scratching on her bathroom door and dark laughing. Another felt her blanket on her bed being pulled down when she was sleeping and then she also heard laughing. Another saw a dark shape hanging from her roof. All of theses things happened when they were alone.

Soon they got scared, stopped playing the game, and put up crosses in their rooms and households and never went near that stuff again and it all stopped. I'm glad it stopped but can anyone tell me what it was? Was it a demon or a ghost? And why did it only appear when they were alone? Please leave your coments and I will really appreciate it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, twilightfan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-09)
sorry I have just jumped the gun here and skipped the comments but, if you put a 3rd of a square next to another 3rd of a square wouldn't that make a rectangle (just and observation) and I'm pretty sure this charlie charlie game only needs two pencils and a piece of paper and for those of you who think I'm being picky the game is videod all over the world over youtube...

Sorry to just nitpik but every single charlie game I have watched has always begun the same way (although I think this is just the next ouija or twilight movie escilating... I am suprised dumbledore hasent been levitating people with wingardium leviosa yet come on guys think of something original
Brayton25 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-05-28)
i did this game and it worked. We asked the thing questions that only we knew and it would tell us the right answer every time and now weird stuff is happening at my house. The t.v. Keeps turning on by itself and I hear footsteps in the hall it is just really weird it is the first night it has happened though I hope it doesn't happen again
Oh_Sehun (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-22)
So I've been playing this game multiple times... And it's actually quite safe...well...to me it's safe. I haven't seen anything or felt anything... Not at all. The game really does surprise me and it's pretty cool.
Oh_Sehun (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-25)
Okies so my friend and my teacher tried this and it turned out to be true. But it was the first time, everyone's first experience with this game. I on the other hand was reading the directions to them while they held the pencils and I was wondering does it only affect the people holding the pencils or people who witnessed it also? Cause the classroom was full of students and this was during lunch break...
falecia (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
i want to know what is said to do this and what way the pencils move to make that yes or now thing. I played this once or few times but we asked some one if we could play or not. Then we asked other qustions after that. I just want to see what all this really is about.
EmoKittyKatt (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-22)
Well...Ive played the pencil game. And I'm playing it right now. Plus I am also home alone and can't end the game without my friend with me. But nothing has even happened to me that I'm not used to... All this has does is strenghthen my senses.
iroxXD (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-13)
I have actually heard of this and done it at school. I was in fifth grade and some girl just came to school and said she wanted to try it. Me being the young and idiotic person I was agreed. It was a group of girls and we just stood there with the pencils "is anyone there" and we asked thay in the playground the pencils went in and we actually took that as a yes. Then we asked where are you? And it pointed at me. I was so scared and walked away from the pencils. But the kept following me. After recess ended the day was normal then night time hit. Little things happenes like objects falling and noisea but I shook it off. When I went to. Bed I dreamt of a demon following me in the forest and I would have the same exact dream every night for two Weeks. My uncle is amedicine man and I'm native so my family had him pray for me. It went away but npw everyonce in awhile things still happe. And I had a sacred ceromony for me about three years ago and my medicine man that I have never seen in my life except for then told me that a family is after me because my grandma took landfrom them. This just put all my pieces together. I still run into the same haunting situarioms but I've learned to live with it. This game really shouldnt be played IVE lived with the concequen, es from it. (sorry for misspellings and grammer I'm on phone)
AprilChey (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-14)
Kk so we want to know the right way to play the way they taught us is to put the erasers of the 4 pencils together and say Charlie may we enter? And we ask yes or no questions if it crosses in its absolutely if it comes together its yes if they the make a diamond it's no if its just straight or 2 arrows he doesn't kno if it makes a k maybe. But we've heard different versions and we don't kno if we are playing it right. Like other ones are they take 6 pencils and they move up for yes down for no one of em you make a triangle and one a square with an edge missing. Which way to play is the right way or the most effective? Please be discriptive if you do know.
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
I just tried it and nothing happened. Should I try again? I think I will.
77believer (1 stories) (34 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2009-11-17)
No offense but bright? I think I may try it and see what happens but I'm only going to ask if anyone wants to talk. If no, I'll say sorry for disturbing you. Bye. If yes, I'll ask it what it wants to talk about. (After a little, I'll say goodbye.)
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
never heard of the pencil thing. Interesting I wonder who thought up that bright idea? 😜
Serasia (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-25)
Hmm...well, you probably know about what happens when you get freaked out. You get a lot of adrenaline that gives your muscles energy, so that if you need to run or fight, you'll be able to. And if you're already scared about something beforehand, and since mostly everyone probably knows what people say about Ouiji Boards, your friends were probably already nervous to start with so their imaginations might have just made them hear and see things, you know?

Being alone and scared makes your senses stronger, because of the adrenaline you get when you're scared (the fight-flight response) --that's why you hear more things, see more shadows, or movement, and things like that. Does that make sense?

The sheets being pulled down is pretty scary, especially since you don't want to move or open your eyes when stuff like that happens. I haven't had an experience like that, but I know that type of feeling. I hope no one was playing a trick, because that's pretty mean. If it wasn't an actual person playing a trick, then I don't know what to say, but I'm not sure it could be a ghost or demon. I'm pretty much a skeptic, as you can probably tell by now.

Well, I think I am a halfway believer; I might not really believe that there are ghosts and demons, but for fear of having some experience I couldn't handle (meaning I would scare easily and give myself nightmares), I don't want to try and find out. I also don't really want to call people liars, so I hope I'll keep trying to meet people halfway and try to understand what happened.

I at least believe that people shouldn't bother with Ouiji Board things, because it'll probably make them unecessarily stressed and freaked out; psychological and emotional stress especially. Well that's all...I've written a lot already, I should probably stop. I hope that your friends are alright.
spoofie (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-01)
Oh my goodness. I had no idea other people had experiences with this game also. Ok this is what has happened to me from playing this game. My friend introduced me to this game and we were kind of skeptical. So we decided to test it out. We said if it was real then make a picture fall. Nothing happened. The next day, right in the middle of church service one of the pictures on the memorial wall (of church members who passed on) just fell. All we did was just look at eachother with the most shocked expression on our faces. Another time I was with some other friends and they asked it to do several things. One was on a very hot day. They said if it couldmake it rain tomorrow. The next day we didn't see any chance of rain. I was right about to drift off when I heard on the news that it was raining at that moment in Philadelphia. I couldn't believe it. One other thing they asked if a car accident was going to happen and it said yes. The next day we winessed a car accident on the freeway. The last thing was my friend said could it come in our dreams. I was so mad when she said that but I guess you can't take it back. It said yes and we all had a dream about it. That is some really freaky stuff. And now reading all these other stories I really don't want to do it anymore. Whoever is reading this should not do the 6 pencils either.
-ila
larnzzzz (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-31)
I have done this pencil game many times and decided to google it just yesterday, nothing bad has happened but after reading these stories I now feel freaked and afraid to be alone? I have also done a Ouija board before with my sister and promised we would not cheat and it worked and it freaked the hell out of me and would never do one again! Does any body have more information o nthis pencil game and if there is a real name for it?
Darkendangel33 (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-19)
There is a similar pencil game that I have done. It started when me and my friends heard that if you took a needle and thread and stuck it into the eraser of a pencil then hold it over your wrist it would tell you how many kids you were going to have and in what order by swinging up and down for a girl and sidways for a boy and it would move in a circle inbetween swings to show that it was changing. Well we all tried it but it only worked when I was the one holding it over peoples wrists. Me and my sister found out that my "game" could actually be used to talk to spirits, but it only works with certain people. I have done this many times, I can only ask yes or no questions but every answer I have gotten has been right so far. When I lived on a military base with my sister we both felt that we were not alone in the house so I tried my pencil game and actually held a conversation with a woman named Darlene that was murdered on the property. After that I started having other things happen, like seeing things, it comes and goes a lot though and nothing really bad has happened to me.
Thedreamer (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-08)
I have played that game once but nothing bad happen? My friend karen showed me once but there's a story that goes with the pencil if you want to know just click on my name and go to my website to leave me a message.

❤ Selinda ❤
crystal8495 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-10)
I've heard of the pencil game before... I completly forgot about it until I read the title of this story. I tried it but it didn't work because I was alone.
blengend (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-08)
Someone explain how to play this thing to me please cause... I want to proof to my silly friend this is a busted case
Polarican (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
This blog is the reason I am on here. This is the first time I have read anything about this on the internet. We called the game 6 pencils, you are taking 6 pencils (perferrably black) between 2 people forming a rectangle. You hold the pencils in a shape forming something like this [ as the other person does the same ] so it looks like this[ ] the unsharpened ends touch each other and the questions are asked. Up for yes down for no but there are other things the pencils do like they both move in or one side goes up and the other down along with both moving out. This I am unsure of and was wondering if anyone knew what those mean? When you are finished, you are to drop the pencils to the floor and say goodbye to break contact.
I have to say I used a ouija board before and it was interesting but when I use to do this it really freaked me out along with the people I have showed. I think you channel your energys into a focused area welcoming any spirits around. What you welcome in is anybodys guess you can channel one spirit like the charlie figure but it does not always mean it is going to be him. Once you give it power it can engulf you and when it knows your energy and you are alone you are more susceptible and venerable. So it feeds off the fear and energy you gave it.
Great post twilight
Polarican
AshleyHalliwell (4 stories) (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Personally I think that it was a demon. It probably lied to your friends so that they'd keep playing with it. Also I believe that it went after them when they were alone because they are less of a threat then when they're around other people. Good Luck!
lady_werecat (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
i think its odd I have never heard of this pencil game. I don't understand how this pencil game wuold summon a spirit. We played a simlar game in primary skool it was called the magic eightball rubber what you did was wrote yes no and maybe on a ordnary eraser asked it a stupid question shook it like a dice and it landed on answer, typical kids game really like thos paper flowers with colors on them and you pick one. So unless you expalin this "Game" clearer I cannot understand how it would summon a demon
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Spirits often appear to and deal with only the individual who initially contacted them,
And when the individual (s) are alone.
This is common.
Points shared by Mr. Question on this are relevant.
lindachula (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-28)
This game I have been playing since I was 12 years of age... I am now 25 now I still play it... This game is for real... It has never lied to me... Every single thing that I have asked or has predicted for me and the other people have been true down to last thing... When you play this game you have to clear your mind... Ask the spirits for their help to answer your questions... You start feeling something weird that you can't explain when the first pencil starts moving... Even though you try to move the pencils the opposite way they keep moving on their own... When the pencils ar unsure they don't move or only one side moves... This game is real... '=='
DemonSora (69 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-09-23)
Its probably just a Demon, beside, Demons can pretend that their ghost or your love ones. (don't get mad) But people who have high spiritual power can see ghost and the paranormal. But I don't think your friends have that much energy, the Demon just probably wanted to show their selfs to scare them.

God Bless
Karin ❤
christina14 (1 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-09-20)
I've eheard of the EXACT same thing! My friend told me a story once in summer school about how she and her friend had grew up together doing this pencil thing and that when they first did the pencil thing where they would have 6 pencils 3 for each and they would make a box, they told me they did it a lot of times and after they used it, they experienced dark shadows. She told me when she goes to sleep every night she has this dream with this black shadow always showing her what happened to him. She said in her dream she seen a little girl playing with a ball and then the ball goes in the steet she runs across the street and got ran over by a car. She told me she woke up crying and she seen that man shadow laughing at her. She didn't get scared because she is used to seeing it. Then on the same night, her friend closed the door to her room and turned off the lights to go to sleep and her shoes were by the door, she said that her shoes flew across the room and hit her friend. Then she had said that ever since that pencil thing, those shadows never went away to leave them alone. So she told me that she and her friend still does it because it won't leave them alone anyways. She warned me not to do it. Because she said that she doesn't want me to risk anything bad to happen. She told me there was another way to do it, you can do it by yourself. You get two sharpened pencils with erasers and you put the two pencils together by the eraser side and you ask a question if the pencil goes down it means no if the pencil goes up it means yes. You can feel a force in your hands. I tried it and it really does work. I was scared at first and then I just continued doing it. But I stopped because I didn't want to risk anything at all. You can ask questions about the past or something you already know but NEVER ASK ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FUTURE OR SOMETHING YOU DON'T KNOW because the spirit you are talking to can get very upset. You can know when a spirit is mad by the pencils going all the way down fast. You can ask if the spirit is a female or male by a yes or no question. My friend told me not to tell anybody or atleast not a lot of people about it I don't know why though. But if you are reading this I'm glad you took your time to. BE CAREFUL IF YOU DO THIS! JUST TO BE SAFE I WOULD RECCOMMEND YOU WOULDN'T DO THIS AT ALL. NOTHING HAS HAPPEND TO ME SO FAR AFTER I TRIED THIS AND I STILL HOPE NOTHING HAPPENS TO ME.IT'S BEEN A 2 OR 3 MONTHS SINCE I HAVENT DONE THE SPIRIT PENCILS.I'm so glad I found somebody who understands the exact same thing I'm talking about. Nio other websites on the internet that I know of had the similar story as I had. Your answer to your question, its very unexplainable... But it is similar to the ouija board. If you have any questions I will be glad to answer.
Thanks,
-christina
Francois (220 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Greetings and salutations,

Hello twilightfan, I see your story as a consequence to your friend's actions concerning the ouiji board. First of all they did it for fun, I don't blame them, people like adventure. However, there are unknown consquences when it comes to the occult or paranormal.

Due to the description of the entity as dark and disturbing, I guess your friends encountered a demon or a diabolical, as I like to call it. The reason why it happened to them when they were alone is because demons tend to isolate the victim. A common tactic which brings the victim into panic and dismay.

Playing or contacting the dead seems fun but whenever you make contact, you open a gate which can rarely be closed.

Thank you for sharing your story with us and if you have any more experiences, I encourage you to post them, if you don't mind. God bless, deus vobiscum and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Please come to the chat room for some conversations with my friends. Pleas come now if you like and enter our favs
twilightfan (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-16)
Just for all of you guys that think oo now I want to try this, I urge you not to. When you get in contact with something if it's a demon or an unfriendly ghost it may never go away. So please don't try this.

-twilightfan
Mr_Question (12 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-05)
ahhhhh dammit now I want to try this game thanks a lot and I know why they only get you whne your alone cause that time your mostly vanable and easier scared but if your with two people or a animal its harder to scare the living
Crap out of you. You see its super easier to scare you when your by youself and demons love to it when your scared ok ask me more questions if you like

Mr Question 😁 😲 😳
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-03)
Hmmm... With a demon in every Ouija board and an evil spirit/demon hiding under every bed and in every closet, then Hell must be a mighty lonely place. 😊

FRAWIN 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: