You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Green Mist In My Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Green Mist In My Closet

 

When I was about four or five, I can vividly remember what happened. I was living in the US at the time, at an Air Force base called Elmendorf.

I was lying in my bed at night, and then I got up to look in my closet. What compelled me to do so, I do not remember. Upon opening the doors, I saw what I can only describe as I whirling ball of green mist about the size of a basket ball! And even worse was I heard a really horrible woman's cacklel! I ran out of my room to my parents' room where I confided in my mom, told her what I just seen and she told me I was just dreaming. But I can clearly remember it even to this day. I also remember running and screaming from the closet, not from my bed.

If anyone knows anything about green mists I would love to hear what you have to say. I'm hoping someone else has seen this before? I've not seen it since, and I don't remember anything else strange about that house. I'm happy to answer any questions anyone might have.

This has bugged me my whole life now and I want answers. Please, give your input, Even if you think it might just be a dream. I want to set my mind at ease.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Tydin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Edward76 (1 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-10-29)
I have had experience with the Green mist as a child from the Chicago area myself. It would be in my dreams. This green mist would always come to get me. I would often sleep with my parents or next to them on the floor and it would still come for me. I would say between 4-8 years old this happened. I was very scared. I haven't seen it for a very long time close to 40 years now.

Edward
Chibi59 (1 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-04-26)
Hi tydin. My reply is very late, but my experience is very similar to yours. I am also confused of my own experience and decided to search it. Your story came out to be the first result.
Anyway when I was About five or six I had a sleepover at my cousin's house. During that time I slept over her house house almost every Saturday. Her closet is about 10 feet from the foot of the bed. I woke up in the middle of the night when I saw a neon green monster/ spirit thing. It was about 1 foot tall. I was scared and immediately covered my head with the blanket and fell back asleep. The next weekend I saw it again. This time I was very curious and walked up to it. It actually reminded me of slimer from ghostbusters haha. It had black holes for it's eyes and mouth, which was smiling. It also swayed and kind of bobbed up and down. For some crazy reason I wanted to touch it but when I did my hand went through it. It was kind of mist like. I told it to never come back because I didn't want my cousin to wake up and get scared. Next weekend I slept over again, but it never came back. Now what the heck was that?!
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-10)
I don't believe "base lights" are the cause of this "experience". I think (actually I KNOW) that some supernatural things can be witnessed by children, and there's just no "logical" explaination for them. They just happen. 😕
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-10-03)
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the feedback. I have found some interesting things out since I wrote this. And something scary happened to. Will write about it in my next story. Xx
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I agree with Chris B. I think it was a spirit. You say that you don't remember why you went to the closet, but for some reason you were drawn to go look inside. I think it was a spirit that wanted to be seen, to be noticed.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Wow.Some people say that this could be explained. I believe that this can be explained, but at the same time I believe that this may have been a spirit. Since you were young it was easier for you to pick up on things. I believe that this ball of green light may have been a spirit who couldn't fully manifest. But who knows. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-21)
I know they think some of those light anomalies are natural. A build up of energy or gasses mixed with dust. Not sure what you saw. I was well into my 30's and was reading one late afternoon in our bedroom. I watched a gray mist come into the room and go into our closet. Could it have been eyestrain? Possibly. It didn't scare me I was just fascinated to watch it happen. The room wasn't dark at the time but enough natural daylight to read without a lamp on. To this day I don't know what that was either but for this to happen to a child has to leave an impression. I wouldn't worry about it. Apparently whatever it was had no intention of harming you.
LyssaLuva (6 stories) (19 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Dear Tydin,
this must have been pretty scary as you were only young. I hope you find some answers or someone who can relate to you.

Thanks and God Bless ❤
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Thankyou laura. Me to.
And whitebuffalo, I must say sorry for the mix up. I actually ment to say scott air force base in illinois (elmendorf was the second base I moved to) so the northen lights are out of the question, as for lights from the base it's self, no was it was that. I know where the window in my room faced and it didn't face any lights etc... And I vividly remember the orb of mist being in my closest and having a glow to it while the rest of the room was still pitch black. The only thing I don't get is if this was a dream or something, why after over 15 years can I still remember it. It's something I'll never forget I think.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+2
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Hmmm, as Elmendorf air force base is adjacent to Anchorage, Alaska there MAY be the possibility that what you experienced had something to do with the Northern Lights. OR illumination from the air base itself. There are just "lights" on a base than are odd.
The Northern Lights often appear as a greenish glow or sometimes a faint red, and are often times reflected off a variety of surfaces to create the illusion of different shapes, sizes etc.
In that you were very young at the time, it is difficult to know whether the scream was imaginary, yours, or...
Thank you.
Laura (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Dear Tydin,
I'm sorry to say, but I have no idea what this green mist could have been. 😢 It sounds quite scary, but not like most other mist-appearing stories I heard about before. Still, I hope you find the answers you want soon.
Xx Laura

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: