You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Our New House

Real Ghost Stories

Our New House

 

My wife and I just purchased an old house last year. It was built in 1887. It's been remodelled and has rooms added.

One day when I was doing some car work in the basement, I reached for a screwdriver that I put at hands reach but it wasn't there-it was 5 feet away from my hand. So I thought nothing more about it, but when I reached for it again it wasn't there it was back at the same place it was before.

Then I started thinking someone is messing with me, I thought it was my son who is 4 years old so I started looking for him and found him upstairs taking a nap next to my wife.

Then another day, my oldest son, 14, came home and asked my wife "Who is that man outside with daddy?"

She looked out the window and saw an older man standing next to me as I was digging a post hole. She came out and asked if we wanted something to drink I said "We"?

She said you and he and she turned to ask him but he wasn't there. She told me about the man standing next to me and I said "No one has been here but me". (It kind of freaked her out).

This carried on for days and nights at a time so I got tired of it and checked out the history of the house and found out it used to belong to a man by the name of Hugh D (Will not give out last name).

I also found out he is my g-g-g-grandfather but never knew that this was his old house.

So from then on we keep hearing things being moved.

Other hauntings by rd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

rd (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-06)
Ohh Vampierss that wasn't a novel, it really happened. You sound abit skeptic, you sould have been there.
Vampiress (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
wow he turned out to be your g-g-g-grandpa. Sounds a bit novel-like to me... I would read it!
Peace,
~Katy~
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Wow, spooky,

I like Rhodes would really like to hear about the experiences.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
Quite creepy! Thank you for sharing this experience. I don't know what I'd think if I had been in your wife's position! It sounds like he was just checking up on the family and maybe trying to help you out with your renovations.:)

Blessings,
DA
Zahin (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
Hmmm...really creepy rd... May be your great great great grandfather has something to say to you... Or he could still be in love with the house. 😕
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-27)
I'd really like to hear more about your experiences in your new home rd-I find this one quite interesting!

I think your g-g-g grandfather was there to make sure the renovations or little changes to his house would not "alter" his dwelling.
ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-25)
I just think that your great great great grandfather is making sure that your doing okay and everything. It is nice that he is looking after you. 😊

Please write more of what he does if you would. 😊

Merry Christmas! ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: