You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Adventure At Gravity Hill

Real Ghost Stories

My Adventure At Gravity Hill

 

There is a place in Antioch, CA called Gravity Hill. There is an old slaughter house and an abandoned insane asylum going up a pathway to the hill. It is said that someone had escaped from the asylum and went on a massive killing spree. One time, there was a school bus filled with kids coming home from a field trip, and each and every one of the kids in the bus were killed by the psychotic escapee. Now, if you go up to Gravity Hill and park your car in neutral at the bottom of it, they say that the spirits of the children who were brutally murdered in the bus will push your car up the hill so you don't suffer the same fate they did. (There is also another version of the story, saying that there was a school bus of kids coming back from a school field trip, but the bus skidded into a wash and all the kids drowned).

Hearing the legend piqued my interest in this place. I wanted to know more about it. I remember my brother saying he had been there once. He told me that when he had gone to Gravity Hill, the car really did go up on its own. He also mentioned seeing a large cloud of black smoke clouding the back window and a strange glowing ball of light hovering above them in front. I asked him if he was lying to me, and he swore that it was all true. I believed him.

After hearing my brother's story, I wanted to see Gravity Hill for myself. I felt that I would not be able to rest until I have visited there. So, during my Freshman year of high school on Halloween night, my brother, his girlfriend, my friend Suzzie, and I made a trip there. My brother told us about the story of the slaughter house and the insane asylum as we passed them to get a rise out of me and Suzzie.

Finally, we made it to the base of the hill. I was so excited yet scared. My brother put the car in neutral and picked up his feet and put them on top of the dashboard so that Suzzie and I knew he wasn't playing around. To my surprise, the car started to move uphill. The disappointing thing though was that I did not see any of the things my brother did when he made the trip. In fact I didn't see anything. My brother said it might have been that way because it was Halloween night when spiritual energy is at its lowest. A few years have passed since then, but I still want to visit Gravity Hill again sometime. I want to see the things my brother did for myself.

If anyone has ever been to Gravity Hill in Antioch, please share your experiences with me.

Other hauntings by MissAnimeOtaku

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissAnimeOtaku, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bayareapitbull (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-23)
Hey,

I grew up in Oakley, CA and I've never once heard of Gravity Hill. I'm planning to come out there next week to visit family, and I was wondering... No I'm not asking you on a date... I need directions to Gravity Hill. Where at in Antioch is it located?

- Anthony
wonderkid (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
isint halloween when spirit energy is the highest? I meen that's what I have learnd
GeenuhTheGenocideBearr (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
Wow! Scary. I live in New York, and upstate there's a story just like that. Never got the chance to try it out. But I will someday. Try looking up " gravity hill " on youtube and see if anything worth watching comes up.:]
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I can't say that I have ever heard of a group of ghost children pushing a car uphill, but I'm not saying I don't believe it either. The energy it would consume the spirits to do that would emmense though, so I'm not sure what to make of this story. If you want a real scare though, maybe stop and walk around that insane asylum =]
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-07)
Dear MissAnimeOtaku love the story! I've been to a place like that before I just posted the story. I hope that next time you go you get to see something or experience something more then just a push of the car.

Blessings
Looney ❤
savypickles (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
to dreamergal it is actually san antonio not austin and its true

Wash your car make sure no one touches the front or back than apply baby powder and you can see the hand prints

My mom did it and she made sure to wash the car really good

I plan on going when I visit san antonio

Just saying!
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Dreamergal72 left out that the baby powder is so you can see the fingerprints that the children leave after pushing your over the tracks. Personally I think the only thing the baby powder does is make your own finger prints that you left on your car visible, good urban legend though. I watched a show on the travel channel where they went to the gravity hill in Texas and did background research on the bus accident and it was actually true. Also something of interest, Utah has a gravity hill as well by the governor's mansion in salt lake city. Though no urban legends are told about this one.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Thank you everyone for your comments. They were very helpful and gave me a better understanding of things. 😁 I hope you all can help me in the next couple of stories I will be posting soon too! 😊
Samantha_Kyles (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-06)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. How interesting.

You know, last summer I visited the Shadowlands website, and I found a story this one woman put up there. She had her own experience at Gravity Hill (let me tell you, it was rather freaky to me), but instead of the legend you just told us about, she mentioned a legend where a black couple was captured by the KKK on that Hill; the man had to watch his wife get brutally raped and killed before his very eyes before he himself was killed. It's horrible, really. Also, the girl who talked about it didn't explain WHY the car went uphill by itself, but she said that place is evil.

You won't see me going near it either way! 😆
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Hmm, I never hear about gravily hill but I hear about austin texas about train hit the school bus with full of let say 10 children and bus driver in the year 30-40 and you put baby powder on your car bumper and let the spirits of children to push your car out the train track so you won't be like them by hit a train.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
To Tydin,
My brother is the one who told me that. I'm just going by what he told me. He might have gotten it mistaken...
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
There's a gravity hill here in the valley of so. Cal. My oldest has been there and told me I should check it out. There are no stories about "people" pushing it up the hill. It just happens. On my "bucket list" is a place in So. Oregon where gravity seems to be defied. 😊
Tydin (1 stories) (30 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
I always thought holloween was when ghost were most active cause the veils between our world and theirs is at it's thinest.
I'm curious to hear where you heard it was when activity is at it's lowest from.
Tydin x
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
I would like to second DeviousAngel. There are numerous such places around the world. Bascially, landscape features create an optical illusion and distort the true angle of the land surface. Urban legends are then attached to the site to try to explain it. One of the most common "explanations" involves the death of grade schoolers on a bus--usually from an accident or a collision with a train.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
Thank you for your input, DeviousAngel. I never really knew what was going on or that there were so many of them. [at] . [at] I'm glad to have that cleared up.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-05)
As with so many other Gravity Hill stories, this one sounds like an urban legend. I've heard of several other Gravity Hills in California.

The scientific explanation is that this is an optical illusion. Although it appears that you're going uphill, if you bring a carpenter's level you will find that you are actually going downhill. Sorry, but no paranormal activity there.:)

Blessings,
DA

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: