You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Life At Our New Home & The Black Blur

Real Ghost Stories

Life At Our New Home & The Black Blur

 

A little over a year ago, my mother and I moved from Concord, CA to Aptos, CA. We had to move out of our apartment because my mom quit her job and was not able to find another one. Things became really bad for us financially. Eventually, my mother turned to my grandmother for help, and my grandmother said we could live in her spare house, which was next door to hers. All we had to pay for were the utilities, and that was it. My mom took her offer, and that was how we landed up in Aptos. I was completely against it, of course, because I did not want to leave my school and my friends, but we had no choice.

I immediately hated the house as soon as I stepped foot in it. It was filthy, old, and had an awful stench. It was also unbelievably cold inside. Little by little, my mom and I gradually cleaned and made some minor improvements inside the house to make it feel more livable. It still looks shabby, but it looks better than it had.

Anyways, in just a few months of living here, and after my older brother moved in with us, I noticed something a little strange. I would always see a sort of black blur zoom throughout the house out of the corner of my eye, and then it would disappear into a room. It almost seemed as if it were wearing a black hood. I always had dismissed it as me just seeing things.

Then, one time while I was hanging out with my brother in his room playing video games while waiting for my mom to return home, I saw it zoom past me again, and I told my brother that I thought I should get my eyes checked out and told him about what I've been seeing. He then told me he had been seeing it, too. I was relieved to find out that nothing was wrong with my eyes.

When my mom came home, I asked her if she had seen the black figure too, and she confirmed that she had seen it as well. I became intrigued and fascinated. I looked up 'black figures' on Google and I eventually came across an article about shadow beings on Wikipedia. It said that shadow beings can appear either as a hooded figure or as a man wearing a hat. It also said it didn't have any human features. It seemed very much like what my family and I were seeing. I read further and it also said that in some cases, people report being chased, menaced, and sometimes attacked by shadow people, and that sometimes people who witnessed them are "accompanied by a feeling of dread". Luckily, neither of us had experienced any of that. It seemed to just be minding its own business, and so I never even felt scared or threatened by it. I even came to accept it and tried to see if I could catch a glimpse of it everyday.

Eventually, as time passed, I noticed that "it" was not there anymore. I told my mom that I hadn't seen it around in a while, and she told me it was because she said a prayer to get it out of the house because she was afraid of it.

To this day, I still do not exactly know why my mom was so scared of it.

Other hauntings by MissAnimeOtaku

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MissAnimeOtaku, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-31)
To raingrl01,

Thank you for the advice. And that's interesting to think my fear of birds might have something to do with my past life. ^.^
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
To ilovearcher,
Orbs too? Wow. My mom said she saw an orb once here. She was pretty sure it was one, because it was in a part of the house where light doesn't even shine through. When she tried to point it out to me, it was gone.
raingrl01 (5 stories) (151 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
It's good that the shadow is out of the house. Don't call it back. If you acknowledge it then it could want something from you then. And your mom didn't feel comfortable with it in the house. As for your fear of birds, could be something to do with a past life. We have all kinds of fears in this life because of past lifes. Who knows? I fear fish and knifes! 😆 Good luck! ❤
ilovearcher (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
that's very intresting.
I've always been able to see orbs, shadows and spirits at the corner of my eyes.
So I have also seen black shadows.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
To chocologic,

I sure hope not! I would be totally freaked if it were a bird. I have a very strange fear of them for some odd reason...:P
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
To avenged90,

Good idea.I'll probably ask my grandmother if she knows anything. ^-^
chocologic (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-28)
Wow. Interesting story.

You don't think it could've been a type of bird? 🤔
avenged90 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-27)
I too have witnessed black shadows in the corner of my eye. Everywhere I go I see them. I think that most people do see them but with a different type of vision than your everyday straight ahead glance. Like you researched most black objects or blurrs do NOT have any human feature, or it wouldn't be a blurr =P. As for why it is there, it could possibly be your great grandfather, wearing a "hat" like it suggests. There is a lot that you should look into about it and possibly try to bring it back to your house to get some answers.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
To Shandi,

Thank you. ^-^ I think we'll be alright. We aren't doing too bad. We could be worse off, so even if we are not in a great place right now, I have to admit I'm a little thankful that I still have a place to call home. ^.^
shandi (9 stories) (86 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
I hope things get better for your family, finding a job right now is really tough.
MissAnimeOtaku (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
To Surya,

I never thought of it like that. As for a story behind the house, the only thing I know of is that my great grandfather had died inside of it. Other than that, I have no idea.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-26)
Your mom had here reasons, although you and your brother never felt threatened, did you stop to think this balck shadow may not have wanted anything from you two, but was in fact scarying your mother, for whatever reason. Bear in mind, it was your Grandmother's house, so who knows what was attached to the house or the family. The house had not been lived in for god know how long, and then one must ask why was it empty for so long. Is there a story behind it. I think your mother did well to pray and rid the shadow.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: