You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Queen Mary Adventures

Real Ghost Stories

Queen Mary Adventures

 

I stayed on the Queen Mary in November 2012 in Room A 131 and the following happened:

The TV in my room turned on by itself 3 separate times. I turned it off myself and checked to see that it was off and it would come back on when I was either in the bathroom or in bed.

Also on my first night, I was awakened by the sounds of a party. There were men and women talking and laughing through the wall and I could hear glasses clinking. At times it sounded like it was outside my portholes. That was not possible as I was on the harbor side of the ship with nothing but water below me. I did check with the front desk and the room next to mine was not occupied for the first two nights I was there.

The bathroom light burned out in the morning so when I went to breakfast I reported it and when I came back to my room to get my camera and phone, I went to brush my teeth and the light was working. While I was in the room maintenance man knocked on my door with the work order to change the bulb in the bathroom. I told him someone already did it and he said it was impossible since it was his first work order of the day.

When I was on the self-guided tour, I was alone near the infirmary steps when I got the feeling that someone was there with me and not in a good way. As I started down the stairs, I got a really bad feeling and could not continue. I turned around and went back to the sunlight and the open stern of the ship.

As I was heading for the bridge, I somehow got turned around and needed to head inside for a restroom. I could not find the way and a painter (in painter overalls with paint stains on them- a man) assisted me by showing me a staff entrance that led to a lower deck. When I came back up to that location, there was no painter, no evidence of anything being painted or just been painted, no wet paint signs or roped off areas. I never saw any workmen for the rest of my self guided tour.

When I went on the ghost tour at night, I had a fully charged battery in my camera. However while in the boiler room which was very dark, my camera battery died and I could take no more photos. When I got back to the lighted common area, my battery was fully charged and my camera was operational. The tour guide said that happens a lot on the tour. However these photos of the baby's face were taken in that boiler room before the battery totally died. The other shows the figure of a man who was not on the tour to my knowledge.

As I went into the propeller room, there were other people in there with me, however I started feeling closed in, like I could not breathe, not feeling good. I got out of there as soon as I could exiting into the lighted historical area of the ship where the feeling continued like something was following me and I was being closed in. I finally had to go outside the ship to get the feeling to stop.

When I look at my photos, I have orbs throughout them. I do have the photos and would be glad to share them with you if you would like to see them.

Queen Mary Adventures 1

Queen Mary Adventures 2

Queen Mary Adventures 3

Queen Mary Adventures 4

 

It was interesting to me that when I went through the "haunted" areas of the ship (swimming pool, Door 13 where John Render was killed, the vortex area in the shower room), I did not have any feelings out of the ordinary but in other areas of the ship, I cannot really explain the feelings I had except they were not normal for me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nora1112, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

southcaliguy (1 stories) (2 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-04-19)
I just recently submitted my expeirience I had on the queen mary yesterday. Hopefully it gets published soon. But my experience was I believe in the same location as yours in that Propeller room. 😨 I don't know what it is but something about looking over the rail or just that spot in general just has this bad vibe about it
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
7 years ago (2017-05-11)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published.
nora1112 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
I have sent photos to post with my story. Thank you for letting me know I am not alone in these adventures. I found out that my uncle came back from the war on the Queen Mary and spent the voyage in the infirmary. I wonder if I was feeling something from him when I could not make myself go down there.

I to this day cannot explain the painter. The electrical and technical things I have learned can be paranormal activity. I would go back in a heartbeat and do it all again.
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
Hello Nora! Nice experiences. Love to read more of your experiences!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-08)
Greetings, Nora, and welcome to YGS.

I think that it is GREAT that you didn't experience the "normal" hauntings aboard the QM ("Oooh, we're going into the spooky room everyone!"), but had your own phenomena to recount. For some reason, I've always been drawn to narratives in which a helpful entity shows up to give useful directions or a shortcut to ordinary people without making a fuss, then vanishing before the person returns.

Doesn't the QM maintain a log book of Guest Experiences? I do hope you added a line or two to inspire other intrepid visitors who take the tours.

I enjoyed your matter-of-fact writing style and I look forward to reading further submissions from you.

Best,
Biblio.
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-05)
nora1112, wow! You had some really amazing and frightening experiences while on the Queen Mary! It's strange, I have always believed big old cruise ships to be haunted, but, I've never visited one so...

The party you heard could have been a residual haunting. It is a "playback" of a past-event. On a ship where many fancy parties, contests and important events took place and also, if the ship had ever had a serious crash or sunk or people died, it is likely that it could have been a residual haunting.

You said, on more than one occasion, you had electrical and technical issues in various parts of the ship, and even, the tour guide said it was a regular occurrence. Definitely, the disturbances were due to paranormal activity on the ship which tends to drain or replenish technical appliances and cellphones. Also, please post the pictures that so we can better see and examine the orbs and other aspects?

The painter on the bridge was one of my favorites! It's just so incredibly strange and unexplainable.

Thanks for sharing your experience!
willow12 (2 stories) (10 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Please post some pics. Thanks, u would love to see the baby, a face. I don't think I would have lasted long on there.

Glad you.we're brave enough
Argette (guest)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-02)
Nora, thank you and welcome.

Interesting experiences you had! I've yet to spend much time in a building or structure that is widely regarded as haunted, so I'm envious. Granted, some of your experiences were frightening, but others seem merely curious.

The painter intrigues me the most.

Anyway, thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: