You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mountain Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Mountain Ghost

 

When I was young my parents owned a couple of airstream trailers that were set up near the Sequoia National Forest. I don't know if that mountain community had a name, I never noticed. There were four or five blocks of houses, big rambling blocks up steep streets.

On the edge of one of these blocks was a brand new cabin being built. It was owned by our neighbors in Valley Acres (where we lived at the time). My cousin Jill and I thought they might be home and would give us a tour. So we walked over there.

The cabin was built on the edge of the side of the mountain so that the back of the house faced the road and the front overlooked the mountains. There was a big wrap around porch. We walked to the front of the house and knocked. No answer, there was a truck in the driveway so we knocked again. No answer. We walked to the driveway and there was a big pile of gravel. So we sat down and started tossing bits of gravel at a for sale sign on the next lot.

I don't know why we were sitting there, if we thought they would be home soon and wanted to wait or if we had nothing better to do. We sat there for a good fifteen minutes and all of a sudden we hear the front door open and slam shut. Then we hear heavy boots clomping across the deck. So we think someone has been home and just didn't hear us knocking.

We get up about the time the clomping boots turn the corner. Only there's no one there. And that clomping is coming towards us. So we bolt, I realize Jill is not next to me and I turn she's running in place and screaming that it's got her. I grabbed her arm and yanked. Whatever it was let go and we ran home.

We never went anywhere near that cabin again.

Other hauntings by hydee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, hydee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
As Rook said, the land was probably haunted. You have to wonder how the owner of the cabin is getting along now.
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
Oh man do I love Sequoia, and King's Canyon and of course Yosemite. Nothing in any of those parks can ever scare me away. They are just the ultimate, excepting of course Yellowstone! I have never stayed in a cabin, only in a tent or tent-trailer (when I was young). If I am ever fortunate enough to have a cabin there. I will relish any time spent there! For those of you that have never visited the National Parks, by all means do. They are a living legacy!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
The building may have been new construction, but the property itself may have some history that contributed to what you experienced.

Respectfully,

Rook
hydee (3 stories) (12 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
I'm not sure I understand the question. I never looked into anything that may have happened in that area, as it was a brand new cabin and I don't think there had ever been any building there before.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-17)
What the problem of the cabin did you find out what going on this place that cause you and your friend freak out about?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: