You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Boy In The Bush

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy In The Bush

 

I was just 17, thrown out of home and found myself living on a hippie commune. Self imposed exile I like to call it. Anyway, I fell in with a pretty cool and funky crew and we were all into the same thing: Bushwalking. One wet Saturday we were bored. I came up with the idea of doing some bushwalking in the forest. What the hell, got nothing' else to do so off we went, the three of us, me, my best mates at the time Dave and Darryl, whistling yahooing...okay, we didn't do that but we were happy to at least be outside and doing something.

No more than a half hour later we came to a fork in the track. We argued which way to go and I said, pointing to the left, "This Way, man, this way." We tossed the coin and took the left hander. Spooky bush this was. Dark, mysterious, and no birds, which I found odd. The track, if I remember correctly (I am going back over twenty years, mind you), was overgrown with bracken, lantana, small native trees sprouting, and wild introduced grass.

Around about this time, my bladder started whispering to me by saying: "Wee Wee Time!" I told the others to wait up on me as I quickly ducked into the bush to relief myself. I was standing there looking around me, checking out the dense forest when, out of bloody nowhere, this kid appeared, scaring the daylights out of me. He looked to be 12, very thin looking, blondish hair and the clothes he wore looked, well, outdated...that's the only word that just popped into my head...outdated. He wore shorts that were held up by braces, a dirty white shirt but no shoes.

He stood there for about one minute before turning his back on me and walking back into the bush. I shouted, while fumbling with my zipper, at him to hold up. My mates heard me shout and thought I was bitten by a snake (in the middle of winter?). They came running to see if I was okay, which I was of course but I told them about the lad I saw.

"How could there be a brat up here?" Asked Dave. I was confused so we headed back to town where Dave told everyone about me seeing some kid in the bush. An old fellow overheard and called me over. He asked to describe the boy so I did. The old fellow shook his head sadly and told me that what I saw was a ghost of a young boy who got lost up there back in the 30s. He was found dead but his wee spirit still hangs around. You know, I've seen that child three times over a period of six months

Other hauntings by AussieRedDog

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AussieRedDog, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

jking (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-10-03)
Nice story! Was the boy looking at you? Also, when the boy walked back into the bush, did it make a sound when he was walking through the leaves, sticks etc?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Hey Aussie yeh kind of suspected Nimbin to be the place, I'm from Perth great story mate!
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
Strange thing I got to admit is that I never knew that track existed even though I've trampled that forest so many I can't count it on my paws. 😨
Ghostluver (4 stories) (123 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
wow. That must have been freaky dude. Hope that spirit is okay. I also wanted to tell you thanks for posting this story!
Tonith (1136 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-24)
I can think of nothing sadder than a child stuck in this dimension when they should be going forward. I hope its a matter of visiting but always makes me wonder. Could it be a residual haunting? I sure hope so.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
HI, I thought that was half funny and half sad, of course. The boy part sad 😢.
The (In the middle of winter?) I wote. Funny 😆
GIRLIE ❤
AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-23)
To Dazram, you must be sick of the floods, mate LOL. This story was taken place in that infamous little hippie town of Nimbin. Yep, Nimbin, where the women got hairy armpits and the men are a bunch of drop kicks LMAO. To Osa, Oh yeah I've some more but a bit later on down the track 😊.
dazram (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
It was a well told story. I just a bit curious as to what area you lived. Cause I'm from coffs harbour and wanted to know where the ghost is at. Take it easy. 😐
Osa (1 stories) (70 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Aussie, I have to tell you,...I love your stories! I hope there are more in store for the rest of us.
Randcan (62 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Great story! And well told. Thank you. Just wanted to remark, that I think that children may haunt a locale, but are not trapped. They come to visit wherever they like, new places, old, the place they died, etc. But where they live, is in the next life; some call it Summerland.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-22)
Wow, that's really sad. Maybe the reason he keeps letting himself be seen by you is that he wants to communicate with you. Why I wouldn't know. That's really cool that you lived in a hippie commune though!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: