You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Knocks On My Walls

Real Ghost Stories

Knocks On My Walls

 

This story is not exactly scary but it is stuff that has been happening to me lately, also I am actually needing help of how I could find out in an inexpensive way if these incidents are real or not. I still have my doubts, but I do believe in the paranormal!

I am 15 and currently living in Oklahoma. In my house my room is where I experience the most "possible" activity. When we first moved in, which is quite awhile back, I don't exactly remember experiencing anything. I really doubt I actually did, considering I was very young around 9 or 10 and I easily got spooked, trust me, I would have remembered if something happened.

These past two years I have been experiencing different things. It started out with hearing bumps all around my walls. I doubt it is any kind of rodents because I have researched sings of animals being in homes. It usually says you can hear bumps AND hear them running about and scratching on the walls. I only hear bumps, which is more like knocks because they are pretty loud or at least loud enough to wake me up or to hear over the T.V.! I don't think I hear it easily because I'm alert with fear. I am actually not afraid and I don't feel like the "thing" or whatever it is evil because I don't feel alarmed when I hear the knocks, but as I was saying (I get distracted easily sorry), I have heard the knocks almost every day.

Once it actually stopped for quite a few months that I even forgot all about it until I heard it again. I think as the years go by it gets louder.

I am in my room right now typing this and I actually just heard it by me. Funny. But anyways, it usually knocks all over my room. There has never been a certain location. (Not that I've noticed at least.) It knocks sometimes about once or twice, and other times louder and more times on one area then knocks again somewhere else more lightly about once. Sometimes when I'm lying in bed it knocks next to my face since my bed is up against the wall. I actually sometimes say a few words to it. (If it's even anything but I think it probably is something.) I say like, "Shush I'm trying to sleep", or "Be quiet please!" Believe it or not it does as I say ha-ha. I sometimes ask what it is it wants, but of course how would it tell me.

I have told my parents but you know how adults are... My dad just says don't worry about it. Which I don't, I'm just telling them. My mom has actually heard it. We have actually experienced it together, it also happens in her room, but less often. She says she just ignores it. But let's move on to another story though, this one is actually spooky. (To me at least.)

Before my sister graduated from college she would visit once every other weekend. She would sometimes stay in my room but when I had friends stay the night she would sleep in my mom's room since my mom has a big king sized bed. One time my sister had come to visit, it was during the time my mom had gone to visit my grandparents in Mexico. So she had the room to her self. It was a Saturday night and my sister decided to go to sleep. The next morning she told me she had something she wanted to tell me. She looked like she was unsure of what she wanted to tell me.

She said she woke up in the middle of the night for no reason and the room was lit up enough to where she could see and make out the shape of the furniture and stuff. Which is normal because the next-door neighbours have a bright light outside and my moms curtains on the window are always slightly open. She told me somehow the room seemed to be getting darker although she could tell the neighbours light was still on. It got pitch black but that somehow she started seeing the shape of a big black hooded figure hovering over the edge of the bed. She tried ignoring it and closed her eyes and turned around. She said for once in her life she felt scared since she does not believe in the paranormal, she believes things can just happen coincidently and that it usually had an explanation.

She has never mentioned what happened ever again since she is over it and probably doesn't even remember. (Oh and this was probably last year). I'm not sure what to think of it, if it was a demon I'm sure it would have kept making itself known. But my theory behind this is that it could have possibly have been my moms energy. I'll explain.

Some people believe that the mentally ill are more sensitive to the supernatural and that they can somehow attract it. Well I think that since my mom is schizophrenic she accumulated energy and that maybe the black hooded figure somehow created itself from the energy or something like that. I'm not sure...

Well this is my story and I am still experiencing the knocks as you previously read. Thank you for taking the time to read it! Ill repeat a question that I wrote at the beginning paragraph that I have for the readers out there and some that know more than me about the supernatural. "Is there a safe and inexpensive way for me to know for sure if this is a real ghost in my house?" I would love to hear your ideas! Ill keep updated if anything different occurs in my house other than the knockings. Thanks again!:)

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StillAlive, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NightGhost (guest)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-18)
Very interesting story. I can relate! Living in a haunted house where the noises started very lightly like a tap. Then they esculate into bumps like you say. As time goes on they are full fledged knocks so loud annoying disturbing its impossible to ignore them. It IS a spook trying to communicate. How many times does it knock? Do you ever talk to it by knocking back? My ghost always knocked five times. We knocked five in return and it answered with three knocks. Three signifys death. I already knew the five wasn't good! Talk to your religious ministrator if you have one. Being your mother is ill it it gaining energy from her weak state of mind. If you move it may stop. As it is now it will continue until it gets what it wants. Please seek help somehow from some where. Those kind of spooks are none to reckon with!
bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-11)
Have you ever saw anything yourself? Are you sure the knocks aren't from people knocking in other rooms. Maybe your mother or sister bumps into walls a lot. I'm just trying to come up with logical explanations. I'm not trying to bad mouth any body in your family, You said your mother is mentaly ill and maybe your sister is trying to scare you with the story and maybe banging the walls herself. But I don't know your sister or mother so please don't take my comment the wrong way. I'm just coming up with ideas.
StillAlive (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-17)
Hi everyone... Update again, so... This 'possible ghost' is starting to get my attention, I am now actually beginning to get slightly, very slightly, scared... The knocks are WAY more frequent, 'and' louder. Past few months it actually was very rare, until this month and maybe a few weeks of lasts'. I probably hear the knocks 10 times in 30min. I hear them not only in certain spots, but all around my walls... They are so loud. I could always just ignore them but as loud as they are getting they even get me to turn my head to look at the area without meaning to! I also get a strange feeling... I am not liking this 😢 Comments anyone?
shadow_witch (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-12)
I too, believe that people with mental illness are more sensitive to the supernatural. I say this, because of my grandmother, who at one time, had the highest I.Q. In the state of Tennessee. But alas, she had a chemical imbalance, which caused her to go a little "coo-coo" in the head. From that year on, so many strange & unexplainable things began to happen, that I will NEVER be able to explain! I think it was a combination of her high intelligence & her illness that caused these things to happen. Oh, and btw, she was struck by lightning three different times in her life! I believe it was because she was some kind of "energy magnet". Maybe I'll post some of those stories here soon.:) Anyway, thank you for your story. I enjoyed it, and I'm glad to know there are other people who share my theory about the mentally ill & supernatural phenomenon.
StillAlive (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-11)
thx for the comments! I will take the advice and keep you updated. Sorry lately I have been so busy so I haven't been able to get on for like 2-3 months! Oh and Moonlit_Catastrophe thanks! I sometimes wonder if I should write as a career, this story was sloppy but because I was in a hurry and tired, I actually still remember I finished sometime in the A.M.! 😜
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-29)
sorry my emails actually lucysollors [at] hotmail.co.uk lol. Get in touch if you want to talk
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
I am always a bit leary when it comes to teens and poltergeist- like activity. Most of the time it's the teen that is causing it due to kinetic energy.
What your sister experienced could be anything from vivid dreaming to not really being awake or asleep but inbetween. I think they call it twilight sleep and what happens seems real but it's not.
On the other hand could you have a spirit that is trying to make contact? Sure. If you are not afraid you can do a little testing. It's nice to have a digital recorder or camcorder but there are other less expensive methods. You can start by simply asking whatever is there to knock once for no and two knocks for yes, then start asking questions. You can use a flashlight that has the mechanism for turning it on in the bottom, loosen it enough that its easy to turn it on but yet still off unless touched. You can try lighting a candle (in a draftless room of course) and asking whatever it is to put it out. You can place a glass on a piece of paper, trace the bottom of the glass on the paper then ask the entity to move it. You may not get a response while in the room so leave it and come back later to check. To be able to control this experiment I would keep this all to myself so you don't get any interference from other members of the family. Hope this information is of some help. Let us know how things are going.
Moonlit_Catastrophe (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Hey,
Interesting story, the part where you note that you actually talk to 'it' made me smile, funny. 😜
But it's better to be humorous rather than scared since you're not being harmed, at all.
I have no idea-honestly.
But I'll say this (Which is totally off topic haha): You're a great writer. The way you speak to the reader is pretty cool.
:]
Good luck & God Bless❤
'bee. 😊
jenniferford (2 stories) (56 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
It is a spirit. I do not feel it to be a demon. Now if you hear grawling and you feel like its bad, then it could be a demon. If you get scared just rebuke it in the name of Jesus Christ. It will flee, but ifs its not good then it will be back and Ill tell you now, it will be angry and a lot more things will happen. Just pray to God to protect your family and he will do so. Good luck and God Bless.
A7XFAN09 (2 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
i have the same things happening to me, I'm 13 and have lived in my house for 7years. If you want to get in touch heres my email, lucysollors96 [at] live.co.uk

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: