You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Knock Three Times

Real Ghost Stories

Knock Three Times

 

This story happens often here at our house. The creepiest part is that it always happens while everyone is asleep. It first occurred while both my brother and father were alone in the house. They went to their own rooms to have their afternoon nap. They were awakened by three loud knocks on their doors. They both came rushing to open their doors and to ask if they need something. But to their surprise, neither one of them did it as they were asleep. When I came home they told me what happened. I am not a skeptic to the paranormal but I didn't believe them because what happened was new and we lived here for quite a long time. I didn't think about it after that.

One night while everyone was asleep, I was awakened by loud knocks on my door. I am a light sleeper so I am sure that I heard three loud knocks. I opened the door quickly thinking that someone needed me urgent. I was shocked to see no one there. I checked the time, it was 3:40am. I can't think of any reason why or who may knock at that time. In the morning, I remembered about what happened to my brother and father so I told them what I experienced and admitting that I believe them now.

This happened a lot of times after that. One night my brother was having a high fever so I decided to sleep in his room just in case something might happen to him. We were both asleep, then again I was awakened by three loud knocks on his door. I opened it furiously and ready to face whatever is doing that. And again, nothing was there. I searched the whole house to find nothing. I went back to the room and found my brother awake. He said that the knocks woke him.

These always happen when everyone is asleep. It is always three loud knocks on our doors and it only knocks in the room where someone is. I researched about this and there is a superstition behind it. Three knocks on doors means that someone in the family will die. Well so far no one has died.

Other hauntings by Mikachu

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mikachu, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

en_chuu (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-02-14)
There is a similar incident on an older post here on YGS. Unfortunately, the lady who was involved in the poster's story did pass away. The only differences I could think of are that you are being bothered by a less malevolent entity, and also that she had acknowledged the knocking by actually asking "who's there". I'm not sure if verbally answering "triggers" the superstition into coming true.

Glad everyone in your family is safe, and thank you for sharing!
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-08-15)
I have read that entities that knock three times are sometimes preternatural and do so to mock the Holy Trinity. I note that the events also seem to happen between 3 and 4 AM. I have also read that this time period seems to witness the highest number of preternatural events. I hope this is not the case in your house. Good luck with your house and I hope you come to find a answer.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-08-13)
The good news is that this belief/superstition hasn't come true... The bad news is, you and your family will have to keep waking up until finding out what keeps knocking on the doors.

Has anyone tried to ask politely to stop the knocking and let you sleep?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: