You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Im Actually Very Scared With My Experience, Please Help

Real Ghost Stories

Im Actually Very Scared With My Experience, Please Help

 

I'm very new to this site and to be honest I have read a few of your stories to comfort myself these past few months. After an experience last night I felt I needed to share because I'm desperate for advice...

My boyfriend moved into an apartment about a year ago. It's pretty old. I basically live there as well I'm there every night. Him and his 2 roommates have the 2nd and 3rd floor and his landlord lives on the bottom floor. My boyfriend's bedroom is the renovated attic.

This house is old and the minute they moved in everyone kind of felt like there was someone watching you at all times. I however feel like I'm getting the worst of the experiences, or at least the most frequent and in my mind, intense.

I woke up in his bedroom a few weeks into moving there and swear I saw a person standing at the end of the bed. I couldn't make out features but it was a shadow of a person. My heart nearly jumped out of my chest and somehow I put my head into the pillow and went to sleep. This has since happened probably close to a dozen times since. My boyfriend was beginning to think I was nuts.

THEN

A couple of months ago I was asleep and my boyfriend was watching TV. He told me that he heard the floorboards by the door to his room creak as if someone walked across them away from the bed. He said it actually really scared him and happened a few more time within the next hour or so. He said the whole time he felt very uneasy and he said it was a weird feeling but he just knew someone was there. I have felt this same feeling many times.

A few nights later I woke up in the middle of the night and turned over to face the door and as I did this I heard the same creaking as if someone walked away from the bed as soon as I turned to face them.

Last night really scared me. I didn't sleep at all. The entire night there were footsteps and creaking in his room in the same spot. The thing that really bothered me was I felt terrified and as if someone was watching me all night. I couldn't relax. It honestly scared me and I have never felt like this in my life.

Thanks so much for reading this... I just needed to talk about it. Any advice?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Alaina55, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

psychicteen13 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-06)
Hello Alaina55,

My advice for you, from a psychic stand point is: to do a house blessing, have a priest from your denomination come into the house and bless it, until the priest comes into the house, you could contact the lead investigator of To Find The Truth Ghost Hunting at the following website address: http://tofindthetruthghosthunting.weebly.com/
Hope this helps!

-psychicteen13
Alaina55 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Another quick update! We spoke to the landlord but he didn't know much about the history. We plan on doing some research ourselves our of curiosity now.

The landlords wife is straight from Ireland, she's great but she is very superstitious. He told us not to even mention anything like ghosts to her because she will pick the family up and move! So no help there!:) Once we do some research I will update!
Alaina55 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-03)
Hi everyone, I am sorry I didn't update you sooner! I just wanted to thank everyone for the advice and comments! I really appreciate it!:)

Lately things have slowed down...there's still noises and I have woken up to some strange things, but I no longer feel threatened. Its odd. Maybe the possible spirit realized that we don't mean any harm? Maybe it realized that we are peaceful? Whatever happened I am happy I can sleep soundly!:)
pagulpul3 (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
GET OUT! What ever you do, don't do anything that may change its "emotions" so Get out as soon as possible! You know why? Its because I felt something wrong the moment I read your story and no I don't have LBM...
ghosttalker (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-27)
Hello,
There is a lot of good advise, but in all it is up to you and your boyfriend on how you want to handel it. Some people say use sage, but it does not work. My people use flat ceder. To clear out a home. And it you can find Pala Santo wood use that with the ceder to. While you burn the ceder, make sure you pray to. Tell God to clear out your home and tell the spirit to leave, in a good way. (not to upset the spirit) See how that works and give us a update. GT
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-15)
Just be bold and say that once " GO TO THE LIGHT AND DONT HAUNT US ANYMORE IN THE NAME OF JESUS..." Try it... Otherwise keep HOLY CROSS with you... God bless you ❤
shrlyhughes86 (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-14)
I think you need to no that spirits actually feed off of fear and you paying attention to them try not to let it bother you and try not to be scared because that can make it stronger
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-09-28)
From what I've read and I've been told... Sometimes souls are trapped between this life and the after life, either due to some unfinished business or person they didn't get a chance to say bye to. A friend of mine had a really bad experience with a non friendly entity and she told me just kept repeating The Apostle's Creed and kept saying "Go towards the light you will find your peace there." A few days of this and there was no more trouble.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
First off, check if all the floor boards are intact. Also check if anyone else is walking around at those times of the sound.
If you already have canceled out the idea that its just something normal then nevermind.

I do not agree with the Guardian Angel idea. These people don't exactly know what an "Angel" is...
If an Guardian Angel approach you, you will feel overwhelming love, and not any type of uncomfortable feeling at all.
Otherwise they wouldn't be called an "Angel".
Second from that it is quite unknown if humans even can be transformed into Guardian "Angels" after death.
Human souls if considered any type of "guardian" lean more towards the category of Spirit Guide.
I've never heard of anything good causing bad feelings towards humans especially the ones you have described of dread.
Normally wicked beings and anything of the dark cause dread feelings.
It is good that you have come to some type of peace term with it.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
i mean in our language... I am indian and we people know about these things... They can harm anyone if they are desperate or something...

God bless ❤
Preeti (100 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-19)
Oh my dear... Dont worry but be aware to it... It can surely harm yoou if it get NUTS tie HOLY CROSS around your neck... It will protect you... And to your boyfriend also... Secondly keep HOLY WATER with you... (said as AMRIT in your language...) from Church... May you get through it...

God Bless you ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-17)
You are welcome, Alaina55, that is what I am here for. It will be interesting to see what it is that the landlord is willing to share with you. Would you be so kind as to pass on any news to us? I always like a good, rounded tale. 😊
Is it still bothering you both?
One suggestion, just in case you may need it. Hopefully you won't, but on the off chance that it returns...
That is YOUR home, not whoever's life impaired form just happens to THINK it is still theirs. I like that you stood up to it, but perhaps you should say something to the effect of "You must have really liked this place at one time. I like it, too. Please stop the ____________ (fill in the blank), as this is MY home now. I am not comfortable with it, and will no longer tolerate it."
The only reason I am suggesting this is you have already took your stand. It knows how you feel. The second time around (God forbid) there should be no "Ms. Nice". State your piece, and tell it to leave.
Thank you.
Cherry (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-16)
Please get the whole house as well as the attic blessed. That's the best thing to do.
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
I also agree with the Guardian Angel theory. It might be one of your grandparents as you mentioned. 😊
I would love to think that you feel comfortable with this spirit around you. If you're not maybe try having the place blessed? 😕
I'd love to know some history on the place. Let us know. 😁

God Bless.
Rebeka82 (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-14)
I believe someone said try not to be scared because it does give them power and make them stronger. Also try cleanseing the room with white sage. But usually if a building is remolded it can stir up old spirits. So just be careful.
Jackashton (2 stories) (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
You have no Idea of the power of the human imagination, now I'm not saying there's nothing there, but its an old creeky attic in an old creeky house, the house will make noises and if your convinced something is there,you,ll start to believe it,you,ll convince yourself that a simple noise, a creeking floor is something, or worse someone is watching you, If indeed it is a ghost, it hasn, t tryed to hurt you, maybe trying to attract attention, It or he might not even no he is dead and is lost and confused as to why someone is in his house. Its probably more frightened than you are. So don't get too scared 😊 Jack
hannah (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
hey look I know how you feel bein scared in all and I know it might be hard but just trust me on this... Don't let whatever it is know that you are scared... If you do that... You just give it complete control over your life

If you needa talk 2 me add me on myspace
Www.myspace.com/abrahdella
Alaina55 (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-13)
Wow everyone, thank you so much for all your advice! I appreciate you taking the time to read this and respond. I actually tried the other night to just speak nicely to "it" and I simply said:

"You are kind of scaring me a little, I realize this may be your space but could you stop spooking me? I appreciate you looking after us but can you be quieter?"

After this as silly as it sounds I have not been scared. I have actually slept. There are still footsteps every now and then but nothing like it was.

Whitebuffalo, thanks so much for all your advice and I agree with you my boyfriend and I are thinking of chatting with the landlord about it. He is very very nice and would absolutely help us figure out the history if we discussed it with him.

Bozoe6 I actually really appreciate the guardian angel thought. My grandparents passed away within the last couple of years and I would really like to think it may be one of them or both just watching over me:)

Again, thanks everyone! I will absolutely update you in the next few days!
bozoe6 (7 stories) (23 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I wouldn't be too alarmed, it doesn't sound like a malicious spirit. Maybe it's someone who doesn't realize they are passed and is shocked to see someone in their space. If it's only walking around and watching you... Who knows, maybe it's your guardian angel?
I know it's creepy because it's an unnatural thing. It's hard for most of us to deal with the "unknown", but again, I don't feel like it's something that is going to hurt you.

If you feel that terrified, you should speak up and ask it to leave, tell it that they are not welcomed in this house. I would also get the place blessed whatever your religion may be.

You should do some research on the house and find out the history of it.

Good luck and please keep us posted!
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I agree with whitebuffalo. Try to keep yourself ditracted when you hear these footsteps. Dont be afraid to do some investigating yourself. Before going to bed sprinkle flour on the floor where the footsteps usually accour. DO NOT STEP ON THE FLOUR THEN. In the morning if there are footprints there then there may be something going on. But do not fear whatever this is it doesn't seem like it wants to hurt you or your boyfriend. Ask you room mates to spend a night there then see if anything happens to them. Keep us posted!

Tori ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
COULD very well be, youngdz79. Could also be that as she and her boyfriend (fifth real paragraph) seem to be (I am making an assumption. I SHOULD say she made no mention of the roomies experiencing anything) the ones who are experiencing this, it may be contained to the attic area.
Good thought there.
youngdz79 (6 stories) (58 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I am wondering since she said she seems to be the one targeted the most (hardest) if theis ghost is not female and is jealous that she is there. Or is possibly a male spirit that hates women? Just my thoughts
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Sure. I have a few thoughts for you.
First, before you go stark raving mad because of lack of sleep, try turning on the radio when it is bed time. Do not play it all that loud, just loud enough that you can not hear the footsteps. Or the telly. Whichever.
You mention that this house is quite old. How long has this home been in the hands of your landlord?
I would have coffee/tea with him and just casually bring the conversation around to past tenants. I would caution you to stay away from asking him if anyone ever told him it was haunted. No need making him think you are a cracked pot if no one had any feelings that they shared with him.
Chances are that when you are talking about past tenants and their quirks, he just may hint around to one or two who "were weird" about certain things.
Feel HIM out, see where he stands. If it seems as if he is open to discussion, tell him what you have experienced. BUT only as much as you are comfortable in sharing.
Sounds like after the first SIGHTING he... Stopped manifesting himself. Perhaps he KNEW of your discomfort and in an effort to put you at ease, stopped showing himself. Another thought is perhaps his visual was simply a residual energy and it's time ran out.
If that be the case, the footsteps may stop on their own accord.
What are your thoughts on this? IF this is an earth bound ghost, are you wanting it to head on over to The Other Side, just want it out of you home, or just want to ignore it?
The third step is all up to you.
Thank you.
Epitaph (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Try to sprinkle sage over the room or light a white candle... I do this often when I'm feeling been watched or is unexplicable cold in my house... I sometimes deal with some strange events... 😕
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
I agree with book_luver123...
Tell them to go away or stop...
And if you believe in God, pray for His help... ❤
Stay safe...
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-12)
Perhaps you could always do "go away" or "stop it". These are messages that are simple, yet have so mush effect.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: