You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Is This Sleep Paralysis Or Him?

Real Ghost Stories

Is This Sleep Paralysis Or Him?

 

It has been a while since I posted not only on YGS but also my site. Many things have occurred, many seen, many felt, many heard. As busy as I have been, as much as I have tried to ignore what is going on around me, I have not been able to blank anything out. There are some days and some nights when I feel, see, hear nothing. But then there are other times I have been shaking inside out, scared to the pit of my stomach.

Friday 11th September my partner left for a festival, unfortunately due to short notice I could not accompany him and so I was home alone with our two cats. That afternoon I got home, I opened all the windows and garden doors. I sat on the sofa thinking how I would get through a whole 11 days without seeing him. Yes I know "what a sap". My youngest was at his grandmothers, so the weekend was all mines.

After sitting on the sofa for maybe 2 hours, I finally got up and thought I would make a start on cleaning up. The cleaning took me maybe 2 hours maximum after which I took a shower and then sat down to do some work. Nothing really occurred to knock the wind out of me from the time I got up to clean up until the time I got up and decided to go to bed.

It must have been around 10.30pm if not a little later. Both cats were inside which eased my nerves as well as giving me some sense of security. I was dreading going to bed especially as I was on my own and would be until Monday when my son came home. My partner was not back until the following Sunday. I can't remember what film I was watching, but I suddenly looked up straight at one of my plants which is resting on to one of the windows as well as the wall. I stared thinking "nah I am just tired". I could see a face past the leaves, transparent almost, but definitely there on the wall. I kept telling myself I was tired and needed to hit the sack. I tried to see if there was anything that would create a reflection, I could see nothing. I continued watching the film occasionally looking at the wall to see if the face was still there sure enough it was. I checked the time and it was coming up to 11.30pm. I remember thinking it was only 10.30 a minute ago, time certainly flies. I switched of the TV, checked the windows, doors, put both cats in my bedroom. I took one last glance at the wall to see if I was not imagining what I was seeing, no I was not. I walked out of the living room and closed the door behind me, leaving it slightly ajar. I walked through the flat making sure everything was locked and all electrical appliances off all time keeping calm about what I had just seen.

I walked into my bedroom leaving the hallway light on. I switched the radio on to drown out any unfamiliar noises both inside and outside. Slowly I got into bed sighed and laid down. Staring at the ceiling and thinking about the transparent face. Both cats had settled on either side of me, Inca on my right side and smoky on my left.

I lay in bed, listening to the radio I tossed and turned a couple of times eventually lying on my stomach. I closed my eyes, and let the music take over my thoughts hoping I would pass out soon. I don't really remember what happened after that only that I woke up to what felt like something slowly walking up my legs. My first thought was smoky was messing around on the bed, I whispered "Smoky stop it". I could still feel a slight pressure on my legs again I moved them side to side. The pressure was gone. I slowly turned to my side only to realize that smoky was in fact asleep next to me as was Inca. Unlike me, I kept my wits and blocked out what I had felt through the music that was playing. I lay on my back now, listening to the radio with closed eyes trying to put out of my mind what had just happened when I again felt a pressure on my legs, I moved my legs again but with a little aggression, in my mind saying "go away, leave me alone". I turned to my side once again, by this point my heart was starting to race. I lay still closed my eyes, my breathing a little uneasy. I kept telling myself don't freak out, stay calm it is nothing. I felt the bed sway, that is the only way I can describe it and from a sway it shook gentle and then nothing.

I woke in the morning about 630. I was tired I cannot for the life of me remember what time it was before I fell asleep, but my thoughts were trying to rationalize what I had experienced during the night.

I made a coffee, fed the cats and let them out. I opened the living room door all was calm; the only uneasiness was within me. Although I was having a sever case of insomnia, something told me it had nothing to do with the pressure I felt last night.

The next couple of days and nights seemed to fly by with me only seeing what appeared to be human forms quickly passing through the hallway into the bedroom mainly a man and a little dark shadow near the living room door. My son was home from his gran's although I was seeing these manifestations run past into my bedroom I was able to occupy my mind and think nothing more.

Tuesday evening my brother came around. I sat with him until 1030pm when I got up and said I was going to bed, I was exhausted; I did tell him to wake me up before he left so I could lock up after him. Considering I was not sleeping to well, I know when I hit the sack; I more or less drifted of to sleep straight away. I was in a dream state, when I heard echoes; I awoke to my brother trying to wake me up. He was going home. I got up and locked up after him and went straight back to bed, leaving the hall way light as I always do. I jumped into bed, grabbed my pillow snuggling up to it and closed my eyes letting sleep overtake me.

As I lay in my bed, a sudden feeling of nausea came over me; the temperature in the room seemed to drop. I got up to check no windows were open and lay back down, it was cold, and the sudden feeling of wanting to throw up made it difficult for me to get comfortable. I tossed and turned eventually laying on my side with my knees curled up into my stomach, it made the sickening feeling tolerable if you know what I mean. I closed my eyes and everything spun around in my head, I opened my eyes quickly however as soon as I had opened them it was as if I was pulled into darkness. I saw my night time visitor, standing there over the bed. I felt suffocated, sick, his arms embraced me with the duvet still on me, I struggled to get free, and I tried shouting for help. The only thoughts in my head were of my brother, I tried to call for him even though I knew he was nowhere close by. I struggled to get free from his embrace. I could see the white robes, and nothing more. The fear I felt was overwhelming. His arms were around me tight. After for what seemed an endless struggle, I felt like I was being thrown back into myself, at which point I woke up shouting "leave me alone, just leave me alone".

The whole week after that was a very uneasy one for me. The bed shaking gently at night, sometimes it felt like it was being swayed. Seeing things from the corner of my eyes.

Two nights ago, Friday, after most of the evening working with my partner, I decided to go to bed, it must have been 130 in the morning. I kissed my partner goodnight and off I went to bed. Knowing my partner would be working until late, I went to bed without leaving the hallway light on as the living room lamp was on anyway. Sleep came easily; I more or less passed out straight away. I awoke sometime after 3am. I woke from a dream. Not a bad dream but I woke nonetheless. I could hear the TV on and feeling safe I closed my eyes and tried to get back to sleep. I was lying on my stomach when I felt a heavy pressure crawling slowly up my legs, I moved my legs hoping whatever it was would leave, but I was wrong, it was only when this pressure reached my hips I shouted out "Leave me alone, Leave me alone". I got up abruptly looked around, my partner had fallen asleep on the sofa, and for the first time he did not hear my cries. I lay back down quite shaken. Slowly I closed my eyes and felt the bed shake gently, swaying until sleep over took me.

Other hauntings by Surya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Surya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

UnknownEvil (24 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-04-05)
OMG... I swear if this thing appeared right infront my eyes I will... Dosnt matter... God Bless... Your Strong:)
ParanormalPenguin (3 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-02)
Oh my gosh. I don't know how you you were able to stand it. Didn't it ever cross your mind to get out of that house? Or perhaps it wouldn't have made any difference...
. 😲
Liberty-TN-Cowboy (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-11)
soul, google it,incubus; it's a male ghost or demon with sexual promiscuous connotations.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-01)
Unfortunately, I have no idea, this is the first time I have experiance this, hence the confusion in my own mind.
L0VEPiNK07 (1 stories) (47 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-30)
oh my gosh! That's scary! What did your partner have to say about it? Did you ever find out what it was?
soul (1 stories) (54 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-09-29)
Thanks for sharing the great story. 😊

Was it an incubus?

May God bless you. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: