You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Two And A Half Year Old Is Seeing Something We Cant

Real Ghost Stories

My Two And A Half Year Old Is Seeing Something We Cant

 

My two and a half year old daughter has been seeing things. She will be sitting there playing and out of nowhere she will start crying or screaming acting frantic saying scary mommy or scary daddy and be pointing to nothing.

When me and my fiancé ask her what is scaring her she just keeps pointing and saying scary. It has happened on numerous of occasions. She will take our hand and walk us toward what's scaring her and just point she won't get real close if you walk closer she gets frantic and tries to go the other way. She has seen it in almost every room of our house.

The past couple of nights she has seen it more and more. She will tell us it's in the closet or up in a door way by pointing. The last occasion she was in our room playing on our bed and started freaking out and screaming for me. I asked her what was wrong and she just kept saying scary over and over again pointing. I told her to show me the scary she grabbed my hand and started walking me towards the other side of the room and she paused at the end of the bed looked at me then looked at the other side of the room and watched then kind of looked like she was watching something walk across the room into the bathroom. She then pointed to the bathroom and said scary is in there now. She refused to go in the bathroom and show me.

The other night when her and my fiancé got home from dropping me off to night classes she saw something again. My fiancé said they just walked in the door and he sat her down immediately after that she started freaking out and started walking backwards towards the door and grabbing my fiancé (her dad) saying scary daddy scary. He told her to show him where and she grabbed his hand and led him towards the hallway and pointed towards the ceiling. He told her to tell the scary to go away and they don't want it here. My daughter said go away don't want you here and shortly after that she was fine and wasn't scared anymore. She will point at mirrors, doorways, closets, ceilings and be scared one minute and not the next. She has done these things with my mom (her grandma) to.

Please if anyone has experienced this or has any information or suggestions of what I can and should do please let me know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ashmill, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

theshedcrew (4 stories) (20 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-13)
When I was a young child (about 4 years old), I had 2 imaginary friends named Cap and Key. I only saw and played with them when I visited my grandmother's house in Attleboro, MA. It wasn't until I was older when my grandmother told me that I would often get into trouble and blame my friend Key. I would tell her that Cap was good and his brother Key was bad. She also told me that my father and uncles would encounter 2 brothers when they were kids as well. I thought it was interesting so I researched the house and land. The house is built on top of an old swamp and had a gully next to it. A few years before my grandparents bought the house a car crashed into the gully. There were 2 young boys in the car. The names weren't mentioned but I am positive that they were the friends I had as a child. There are also many, many other strange stories I heard from both grandparents and all my aunts, uncles and dad about that house. It was built in the colonial days.

I never experienced Cap or Key anywhere else besides my grandparents house.
Cliney1212 (4 stories) (121 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
[at] DarlingNikki (great name fellow prince fan.) I would say your child is having typical night terrors he is the right age and what you've described sounds text book... When you watched the computer maybe he felt emotional at seeing himself as a baby but was unsure how to articulate his feelings?
[at] Ashmill I'm wondering what has caused your daughter to start seeing this entity? Is it a new home? Have you recently renovated? Did you get any vintage furniture? Can anyone else see spirit in yours or your fiancés family? It would be helpful if you knew so that you know where to begin I would suggest Rooks cleansing method. Also lift the vibration in your home singing songs letting in more sunlight cleaning out corners etc burn incense. Tell your daughter when she sees 'scary' to say I'm not looking at you and to turn away... You could also try to meditate and ask your spirit guides to show you what she is seeing and ask for protection from it.
Darlingnikki5 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-19)
Hello everyone, I am new o this site. Reading your stories is like looking in the mirror. I have a three year old who, very frequently, would wake up in the middle of the night screaming bloody murder, pointing and arching his back. I honestly felt as though he was being possessed, that's how hysterical he was and all I could do was hold him close and make sure there wasn't anything in his path that could hurt him. His father ruled it off as him being a bratty child, he maybe right to an extent, but at the same time he has never been in the room with our son while he was having one of his episodes. Shortly after one of his most recent episodes I asked him why he was crying so much he said that there was a monster on the wall.

The last straw for me was today when we were watching a video of him as a newborn on the computer when out of nowhere he bursts into tears. Later when I asked him what made him so upset he said the computer scared him. Mind you, this is coming from someone who drops everything he's doing to check out what's going on on the computer.

Maybe I am being dramatic but reading the previous stories makes me wonder if there is anything to my little one's late night tantrums.
Phiona1114 (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-24)
I am so glad to have found your post. I came to this site for some guidence and someone to talk to. My daughter is also 2 1/2 and seeing things. She gets really scared and has a mini panic attack and says ghost mommy. I ask her to show me where, she also points to nothing or brings me to a room, where I see nothing, but she is clearly scared. I told her when she sees things to tell them to go away. I am worried about her because all the women in my family share a sense of things. I myself have had many experences, it is just something that is handed down in my family. I want to help my daughter not be scared anymore. I am just not sure how to explain this to a 2 1/2 year old.
Shaz101 (1 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Okay, it is said that is certain ages (2-5) young children can see 'people'. Psychologists say they are imaginary friends but then again, they COULD also see ghosts. Youngsters are succeptable to see things that adults cant. Youth is the key. Your daughter will overcome this with age, but until then I would look into the history of the house and get your child to identify this 'Scary'. Hope your daughter will be fine. Xx
netta (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-01-20)
this is like my little cousin I was playing with her and out side with my best friend and she would be running around then just stop and stare at some thing when nothing was there and start walking over to a plass and look up and stare and scream and run off.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-24)
Have your child draw the 'scary' it'll help in the identification of the critter.
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
Keep a rosemary under your child's pillow... And keep your home pure by keeping holy water and sprinkling it all over the house... This will definately help.

God bless you all ❤
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-12)
It is Pjod, closets and mirrors are portals. I saw this real life case once in a show. It was kind of like a fact of fiction type show. The case was a kid was inside a closet, he was proven his bravery by showing another younger kid about that there's no such thing as monsters. The boy was inside for 2 mintues, he was screaming at first. Then there was silence. The door open, no one was there. You can youtube it and to research of it, but it's true. Again, I know it's just a show, but I experience this first hand, so yeah it's a joke.
lexie4308 (6 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Children are usually more susceptible than adults to the paranormal. I agree with some of the other posters, I would try being verbal with it and give it a good warning about staying there. If you don't feel uncomfortable with it I would tell it you don't mind it staying but it can't keep scaring your child or you will make it leave. If you don't feel comfortable with it at all I would tell it if it can't stop scaring your child it has to leave. You may have to do it a few times if whatever it is is stubborn, but eventually it should leave if you ask it. I would also be as firm and strong as possible when you speak to it.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Ashmill:

I am originally from Michigan. Can you tell me where in Michigan you are located so that I can research the area? If you don't feel comfortable posting it in a public forum, you will find my email in my profile.
mrsmla4ever (3 stories) (53 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Pjod:

In many cultures, it is believed that demons live in doorways. So stating that a closet is a portal to the unknown is very nearly the truth.

ZiShu:

While I know that you are only trying to help, I would not immediately jump to the conclusion that ashmill has a demon in her home. In most reported cases, demons are known to be violent. So one can almost assume that this is not a case involving a demon.

Ashmill:

I recently moved out of an apartment where my son would regularly talk and laugh with "something". There was only one occasion where this "something" scared my son. When this happened, my fiance and I simply walked around the apartment warning the spirit that if it continues to scare our son, we will banish it. Once we warned it, it no longer bothered our son. Try being vocal with whatever is scaring your child. If that doesn't work, do a cleansing ceremony. This ceremony can be researched online.
Wardo (8 stories) (171 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
On the note that mirrors and closets are portals, Monsters Inc. Did not make that up. That has been something that has plagued people and scared them since their inventions. Closets and attics may just be less traveled and easier hiding places for ghosts and other worldly things. I would recommend blessing the home and having your daughter help with this process. You can say a verse from the bible in each room and ask for peace in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. This will help return power to the living at least, then it can be dealt with further if necessary. You could also ask for help from the Catholic church to perform a cleansing and blessing of the home. If it is just a scary ghost, asking it to leave might work. If it is something sinister or a demonic entity, then this may even just anger it and cause an increase in activity (unless you get the help of a priest). Make sure you know what you are dealing with first. I do not come to the conclusion that it is demonic just by what you've told us though. God bless you and your family and I hope you are able to resolve these issues!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
"...closets are portals to the other realm"
Baldfalcon, why would you assume that? I believe that theory was used in the childrens film called Monsters Inc. Please, try to keep fiction seperated from reality.
Ashmill, may I ask a personal ques? Is there a negative type atmosphere in your home? Like a lot of arguments and such? If so, this alone may be the root of the problem. Try and set a positive tone in your home, this may settle what ever may be haunting your child.
bldfalcon (12 stories) (262 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-10)
Well, children are hyper sensative. Maybe the child had an imaginary friend. It could happen, I'm trying to be logical. Then when you typed that she points to closets, then I really started to get intersting. Mirrors and closets are portals to the other realm. Don't know what realm it is. I was young I had experience like that, so I can relate.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Normally kids can be playful with ghosts. However if a kid is extremely scared of something... That something is evil. If you all say that babies are the pure non judging and all truth type... They can sense evil then.
Nice ghosts never disturb kids. A demon will always give off fear. Children tell the truth of something bothering them. I wouldn't try to shove this off as a simple misunderstood ghost. You have a demon that you need to get rid of. If you do not, than your child will grow up having a hard time with seeing scary things in life. You have to teach her about these things. I know a girl who's paranoid and does not like most people because she had been picked on and called a "freak" because of her gift. Be supportive of your daughter. God Bless
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Kids do not have the the filters we develop as adults. This is why the hardest audience for a magician is a group of kids; they take everything in and their powers of observation are much keener than ours are.

Your finance did the perfect thing by having your girl tell the spirits to go away. If she ends up being sensitive, its a skill that will serve her well later on and give her confidence to deal with the here and now.
opaleone (41 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
hmm...I've given this advice before to others...
Give her some paper and crayons and have your daughter draw for you the things she's seeing.
At least you'll have a idea of what might be bothering her...
Also, awesome job by your fiance. Exactly the right move on his part, having HER state that it wasn't welcome, that's even more powerful.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-09)
Hello, the same thing happened to my friend's son. The advice she received was to burn sage and go to each spot where her son used to see "it" and say in a loud stern voice, Go Away and stop scaring my child! It is also a good thing to tell it that it is not welcome in your home. After my friend did this her son didn't mention it anymore. Hope this helps. Thanks for sharing your story.
Take care 😊
indig0c0gnito (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
This happened to my son, for about 7 yrs, he'd see things and tell us about these people/things that he 'saw & heard'. He also had night terrors, & imaginary buddies (like his great-grandpa who played games & sang songs to him, and chased away the 'bad people'). Once, he even sang a 'made-up song' for his grandma, it was the same tune that she had not heard since she was a little girl... & her dad used to sing it to her! She cried, of course. ❤
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
if I am correct young children see things because they are pure of heart. They don't see race,sex,pretty,ulgy. Their minds and souls have not been corrupted by reality and do still have a better connection to the soul plane. They do not know hate or shouldn't, it is all learned. I hope this is helpful. Thanks haley 😁
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
I too have a child (almost 2 years old) that sees things that I can't. He used to get scared and cry like that too. And after getting help on this site, I have come to the conclusion that sometimes the spirits are not trying to scare children. They can't help their appearance at times, and may look the way they did at death. Understandably this would scare a child.

If you are worried about her, try speaking to whatever she is seeing. Say something like, "Please stop scaring my daughter." That may be all it takes.
Faraaz (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-08)
Well, it is said that many animals and little children like 1-5 years old often see ghosts that we can't. Even my 2 year cousin once got up in night and he was pointing in the bathroom door and was screaming and shouting and was saying "Ghost!" and nobody has ever seen him more crying and shouting on that day. So many people believe that little kids can see ghosts that we can't.

Thank you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: