You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Pets Seeing Ghosts Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Pets Seeing Ghosts Part 2

 

This is the continuation to my previous story "pets seeing ghosts". As I stated, these are compilations of experiences where our pets sense paranormal stuff. Sorry for my very long inactivity due to my busy schedule. Here are the stories;

Third experience. This happened last 2021. Christmas season at that time. I was invited by my cousin along with our old friends to his apartment where he stayed to celebrate Christmas. We will stay at his apartment for three days and two nights. He live at the third floor of the apartment. We were five of us invited. He has loads of pets living along with him at his apartment; cats, dogs, fish, Crabs, lizard,

Rabbits, and hedgehogs to name a few. Nighttime had arrived we will be going to bed. He had warned us that from 11PM until 4:30AM, if we saw the green lizard at the terrarium in his living room looking at the direction of kitchen, don't look up or we'll regret it. We just like just brushed it off.

On our first night, we used mattresses as bed (my cousin's bedroom is located next to the room where we stayed) nothing "major" happened. But on the second night, at 2AM, I was suddenly awakened by a hard stop at my foot. I look up. It was my friend, let's call him Al, sprinting towards his mattress. I tried to tell him off for stepping at my foot that broke my good night sleep, but I saw him shaking with fright under his blanket.

A few days after our party, it was New year's Eve. We chatted at our Facebook messenger. I asked him what happened last night when we have Christmas part at my cousin's apartment. Al said that it was 2AM. After going to restroom, he saw my cousin's lizard looking in the direction of kitchen. He looked at the kitchen also. That's when he realized my cousin is right. At the window above sink, he saw a lady looking from the outside. Hanging upside down. She have a very pale skin - a sign that she's no longer living. Very huge sunken eyes they will almost fell from their sockets. Al can't move for almost a minute but manage to still sprint towards the direction of our room. That's when we have the thought that my cousin is right about his warning and also that his lizard can see ghosts.

Fourth experience. This actually happened before the third one. My other friend, Matt, had not so good idea. This is also a bit inhumane. He invited me along with Al to a cemetery. He will test whether animals can really see ghosts just like us. He brought almost all of his menagerie; his Husky, his pet cat, his Rabbit, his goat. His turtle, his chicken. Four of his fish (koi, silver dollar, Arowana and goldfish, his tarantula, his giant snail and a philodendron (I don't know why he included his houseplant) the only ones he never brought is his two other cats, his four other dogs, his ducks and shrimps (they were in a separate aquarium with his fishes) because they no longer fit inside his van. He also wants to see which species other than us have strong senses on paranormal stuff. He tied his Husky, goat and chicken. While the rest where in there respective cages and the fishes in their aquarium. The philodendron plant also beside them. After almost an hour nothing happened. Both I and Al yawned. I told him I'm already sleepy and want to go home because it's already late at night. Matt told me to just wait.

A few moments later, all his pets except the Philodendron (off course) and the snail where having different reactions. The Husky is barking then whining. The cat is hissing angrily. The goat and chicken want to run away (good thing they're tied). The Rabbit and tarantula were uncomfortable at their cage. They're acting as if they want to run away also. While his turtle and fishes where standing still, looking in the particular direction as if seeing something. All three of us look at the direction where the turtle and fishes were looking.

That's when we saw several headless people floating in the air in single file. They're wearing Spanish era clothing. All of us trembled in fear. We don't know how long we're starring at the ghosts. Until Matt blurted out we grab our phones and record the events in a video. Both Al and I where about to grab our phones when a patrolling policeman suddenly came and scolded us why we're here late at night. We were about to tell him about the stuff we saw but the policeman threatened to sent us to jail. We have one last look on where the ghosts are but they were no longer there. Matt's animals were now behaving normally.

Also I want to add that at that time the lockdowns have just recently lifted so there are still some restrictions. So that's why the policeman on night duty threatened us to kick to jail if we stayed longer.

Other hauntings by JoJorocks

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoJorocks, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
8 months ago (2023-09-10)
Lovely LadyGlow,
Thanks for putting those links up.
I had no idea those people were living like that, and in cemeteries of all places.
I couldn't open the the first link due to the *uploader not being available in Australia*. I'm guessing it could be a glitch. Anyone else in Australia able to open it?
Anyway, the tears rolled and rolled all the way through the 2nd and 3rd link. I nearly stopped watching on a couple of occasions but persevered out of respect to you for and your hard work in researching this situation.
The 2nd link and 3rd link looked like the same cemetery. The kids were playing like they were in garden of trees and swings. It breaks my heart no end. 😭😭
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+6
8 months ago (2023-09-10)
WARNING. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK. The following comment contains information that may be disturbing to some readers.

JoJorocks.

In my opinion, your feedback doesn't help to cover the holes in your narrative.

It is well documented that animals are more sensitive to the paranormal than most humans.

It makes no sense that only the lizard would have such a mild reaction to the "ghost" if, after all, there were several other animals in the living room. Furthermore, there's no way to know if animals have a visual experience when humans only feel goosebumps/fear/uneasiness, but it is well documented that they react in an aggressive/defensive way around disembodied presences.
I'm surprised that there's no mention of any of the pets sleeping in your cousin's room reacting at all.

I'm flabbergasted at the lack of detail in which you describe the scene at the cemetery, to the point that I can't take your story seriously.

Although I have never been to the Philippines, the fact that they were a Spanish colony just like Mexico, is enough to make me certain that the Spanish influence is present on many aspects of both countries. One of them being cemeteries.

Am I right thinking that graveyards are surrounded by some sort of barrier, either a fence or a wall with a gate that is open during a given number of hours at day time but closed during the night?

If so, does it mean that you and your friends:

A) broke into the cemetery
B) stayed outside of it during "the experiment"

If the former, how far from the entrance did you have to carry/walk with all those animals?
If the latter, how far from you were the "headless people floating in the air in single file"? If there's a wall around, how was it possible to see these apparitions?

Which cemetery did these events happen at?

Are there any people living there like they are in the cemetery featured in these UPSETTING, though interesting documentaries?

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6gJ3bDDAaE

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZRwjV5mHIM

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g90SkZUt8T4

Geez...my heart aches after watching the conditions these people have to endure!

This comment from JoJorocks is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

KenS80 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
8 months ago (2023-08-24)
Goodness gracious me. This is some tale or sorts JoJo.

I think I'd want to see footage before commenting on the grounds I may incriminate myself or disbelief.

Cheers,
ᕕ (°_°) ᕗ
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
CantunSEEit.

"The Philippines has some of the harshest Drug laws. Just sayin"

Indeed, though those laws haven't stopped nor prevented the use of drugs and all the problems related to it, as shown in the following articles.

Https://www.philstar.com/nation/2023/07/06/2279109/members-sulu-drug-trafficking-gang-arrested

Https://apnews.com/article/philippines-police-illegal-drugs-chinese-arrested-7084127a53a26ac41e0794c3b6b3ec1d

Https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1182863

Https://maritimefairtrade.org/organised-crime-and-drug-trafficking-in-the-philippines/

Also, going back to the things I find questionable about this narrative, is the way the policeman's indifference at encountering these three amigos with such a plethora of animals in the cemetery if, after all, they were doing something against the animal welfare and protection laws.

"Republic Act No. 8485 - Animal Welfare Act of 1998

The Animal Welfare Act of 1998 is a significant law in the Philippines that aims to protect the welfare of animals. It prohibits acts of cruelty towards animals, such as maltreatment, torture, killing, and neglect. The law also regulates the sale, transport, and handling of animals to ensure their welfare. Violators of this law may face penalties, including fines and imprisonment."

Https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/389-animal-welfare-and-protection
-understanding-philippine-laws-for-the-welfare-ofanimals
#:~:text=8485%20%2D%20Animal%20Welfare%20Act%20of,torture%2C%20killing%2C%20and%20neglect.

I guess we'll never know the reason why this officer didn't mind to just let them go that easily, or what happened... Or if this really happened.

I'm ready to leave this thread of comments, unless the OP comes back with additional information... Or in case I find any information about the number or animals allowed in a multifamily complex in the Philippines.

Hopefully any other member/s from the Philippines can shed some light on the above points.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
Frankly, I come here to be entertained, enthralled and sometimes amused. Some of the stories here are very creepy and others are maybe unintentionally funny. Either way, I'm entertained so I'm not complaining. Just my two cents.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+6
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
OK, folks. This is directly from Comments Guidelines: "... If you disagree with the authenticity and the veracity of a story, you can express your opinion, as long as it is respectful ("I have an another theory for what happened", "I do not believe this to be true because...", etc). However, you cannot be abusive toward the author ("your story is lame", "you're a liar", "you're wasting our time", etc)."
Also from the Guidelines: "If you are the author of a story, please be aware that users of our site, many from different backgrounds and cultures, will provide feedback to your story and you may not personally agree with all of their comments. However, it is the nature of the web to have debates with very different opinions, and although you may be the only person who truly knows what happened in your story, you should not take it personally when some users disagrees or ask for additional information, but understand that it is part of normal discussions where people exchange ideas."
***
So let's be mindful and play nice.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
mighty_light I was thinking the same thing, your 1 through 6 is very good and without sharp negativity and stomping them into the deck. We have all read crazy false stories on this site and some very uplifting visitations. This site is not about the 15 or so posters that are here weekly or monthly. Imagine the Thousands of people that wish they knew about this site and to know they are not alone, and they cannot share their spirit crossing without being judged. Lady G you commented first, The Philippines has some of the harshest Drug laws. Just sayin
mighty_light (2 stories) (21 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
I've been a long-time lurker of this site but just recently joined.
I understand the diverse perspective and reasoning of the old-timey members here. They want to preserve the integrity of real ghost stories.

On the other hand, writing can be hard. The stories we submit are a part of us and when we submit them, we make ourselves vulnerable to the scrutiny of other people. I think for most people, the last thing they'd want is to be accused of making things up for clout. That's why I've mostly put off joining until now, coz my story may not sound real enough or scary enough to be posted.

If a story is too well written, people get suspicious of authors getting creative and practicing their literary skills.
If it's badly written, people would think the author has let their imagination run away with them in a ludicrous made-up scenario.

Sometimes life can be stranger than fiction, even more so with the added possibility of the supernatural. There may be outrageous stories out there that could possibly be truth or at least a version of truth from someone's perspective. Our perception of realities may differ.

I wish there was a way to let others down easy and let them know how people are on the fence with their stories. Currently, the best-known way is to engage in comments and ask/provide clarification and details. Even then things could get heated.

How 'about we add a meter to our comments then?

6 terrifying
5 spooky
4 heart-warming
3 neutral
2 wacky
1 batsh*t crazy
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
You need new friends and new hobbies because this doesn't seem like normal behavior...
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
I'm sorry to say this and I'm sure others may not agree or like what I'm about to write but, you and your group of friends are just plain weird, I mean what sort of sadistic people take a whole range of land and aquatic animals to a cemetery, I honestly stopped reading until you mentioned taking those animals to a cemetery 😑, come to think of it I'm actually not sorry.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+7
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
In English there's a saying "you're only as good as the company you keep" it means who you choose to hang around with reflects something about who you truly are, for good or bad.

So, personally I hope this is a work of fiction because I hate mistreatment of animals. But, having been wrong on here before about the legitimacy of accounts, I feel accusing an innocent person of lying is far worse than giving a liar the benefit of the doubt. To me the worst case scenario of this is that it's true, and, if so, I wanted to be very clear to the OP that treating animals in such a way doesn't go down so well and urged them to seek better friends in a round about way. And, you know, report any suffering.

I only really come down on people if I can prove that they're lying. Proving this is time consuming, and I'd rather watch a horror movie. If people choose to believe something that is clearly fiction it's not my problem. Blunt but true. Also I ask a lot of questions without asking any questions 😉. But I will never again call someone a liar unless I can prove it in some way.

Tonight I'm going to rewatch episode five (I think it is) of Haunting of Hill House, the ep in the funeral home with all the long one takes. It's awesome. I wish every horror could be as atmospheric and subtle as this... And that's my way of inspiring y'all to support the arts not the trolls, should you believe there are any around! 😲
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
CantunSeeIt, LadyGlow, RCRuskin, JoJo, Bibliothecarus, and anyone else who wants to join in,
CantunSeeIt, LadyGlow is so articulate in putting her message across. She's straight to the point, and an impeccable debunker of posts published here that she finds necessary to debunk. It's fair to say that comes from her length of time and dedication to this forum. I personally think kindness is one thing, and finding the truth/debunking is another. There's only one way to find the truth/debunk and that's get more information from the OP. (Sometimes more than one comment is necessary)
RCRuskin, I agree, Bibliothecarus and LadyGlow are very wise. I don't see their comments as mocking or poking fun at the OP. Many members have found this whole situation a bit of a chuckle. That doesn't mean we aren't trying to understand the poster's friend's experiment.
I have a great deal of respect for so many members here, like Tweed, Bibliothecarus, Lovely LadyGlow, AussieDaz, Val, theLostVoyage, Rajine, and yourself RC. Too many to list in fact. The respect comes from these member's continued dedication to this site, welcoming new members, supporting new members, and trying to give them the encouragement they need to become stronger, and in some cases debunk posts that may not have the clarity needed for members to offer support or advice.
JoJo, please keep us posted on the progress of your friend's experiment.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+7
9 months ago (2023-08-04)
CantunSEEit74.

I have been debating if it would be best to reply to you or if I should just let it go... But I was taught that it's rude not to respond to someone addressing me, so here goes my answer.

If I were one to care for what others think about me, I would prefer to be called "toxic" over being considered naïve and gullible.

"We must hope that they read the TRUE GHOST STORIES only, on this site before entering their story."

I have been a member of the forum for over 12 years and, unfortunately had to learn the hard way that, when it comes to questionable stories, it's better to err on the side of caution than to wow them. I used to think that if a story was accepted and published, it meant that it was real and true, but there have been some dubious stories in which even the authors have admitted to submit works of fiction.

If you are reading this comment and care to look through some of these examples, here are the links. There should be more, but some have been removed at some point.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=12570

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=23328

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27880

On top of that, some times people have plagiarized the work of others, like this prolific poster whom copied at least 3 stories from somewhere else and had the nerve to defend "his" work with tooth, fang and claw. Unfortunately I can't provide the links to all three of them because two of them have been removed.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=27999

As yourself, I have learn a lot reading not only stories but the opinion of other posters, and am very fond of the forum. I like the way it connects people from all over the world and opens a window to other cultures and sets of beliefs.

"I feel this site should have 1 post per poster and stop the gang up effect. 3 4 5 comments from one poster are too much."

I respect your opinion but consider it not a good idea, let's keep in mind that these discussions are an exchange of ideas that can change with every single input, in my opinion, it would be unfair and damaging to forbid people to speak their mind... One wouldn't do such a thing at a gathering, public forums like this are non physical gatherings.

Not trying to explain nor justify myself, but my mind forms something like a movie when I read, that's why I ask so many questions, otherwise there'd be a hole in those images.

So, I guess it's in my DNA to ask questions and it's not going to change... Couple it with my flawed, broken English and, what you think to be toxic comments is the only way I can express my ideas.

I've written this comment in the most respectful way, hopefully you don't find it offensive as when I wished you a happy birthday.

That is, of course, if you decided to read it.
Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+8
9 months ago (2023-08-03)
Cantunseeit, I'm glad you came back.
I get a bit uptight about stories that are just teen dreams. They make the cut while I've had a couple with real photos not published, not sure why.

In the end though, I think we can all agree that the petting zoo in the cemetery was an amusing visual. I still blink blink when I think about your little mouse pushing the shield, yet I realize that we TRULY don't know much about how it all works, even when we think we do.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+3
9 months ago (2023-08-03)
Lady G This is a worldwide public site. We must hope that they read the TRUE GHOST STORIES only, on this site before entering their story. I am not here to throw grenades at anyone as I quit this site as being very mad at Lady G. I am glad I came back, and I have learned quite a bit from posters. I feel this site should have 1 post per poster and stop the gang up effect. 3 4 5 comments from one poster are too much. What if this happened, we were not there. I will never call anyone a liar on this site, I watched a full-grown man walk out of my mirror and I have to live with that, and it is not believable to the average person. Try to be a little less toxic on your comments.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+9
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
Hello everyone.

Although I agree that this story is funny, I question if it is REAL.

I guess it's up to each individual to decide their own reaction, may it be applauding it, or joking about it, or mocking it, or trying to debunk it, even playing dumb and pretend to believe it... Whatever.

Some time ago, this story would have called for the Miss Demeanor bus and the biggest BS blanket ever used, or for an army of protective tooth brushes and kilometres of dental floss.

Sadly, nowadays no one seems to remember those old days and the community seems to be, if not tolerant to stories like this one, at least less willing to discuss the red flags of an obviously made up narrative.

Personally, I would like to honour the "REAL-ness" of the forum... But that's just me.
DreamBird (7 stories) (25 posts)
+6
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
I'm glad I'm not the only one that found humor in this story. The mental picture in my mind of all those animals, plus a plant no less, in a cemetery, was better than anything I've seen on TV. 😳 😲 😁
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+8
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
JoJo, personally I'd have to give Matt's experiment a fail. There doesn't seem to be any controls in place for one thing. In general animals react to many different stimuli. It is well documented that animals can set each other off as well. Ever notice how one tiny yapping dog can set ALL the dogs in the neighborhood to barking? What is he comparing their various reactions to? Were they accustomed to this cemetery? Acclimated to being tied? To you and Al? Just way too many variables to be of any use as an 'experiment'- and a few too many 'subjects' as well. Also I don't understand why he was not documenting the 'experiment'.
If he had been then the animals' reactions and the spirits you say you saw would have been caught on tape. Instead you have a failed experiment.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+3
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
I also read this and wrote down about 7 questions I wanted to ask yesterday but just could not do it. Very funny stuff, if all of this group was a Ghost hunting show I would probably watch it. I think the Chicken on a leash got me.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
There is much weirdness to this account, outside of the paranormal events in the cemetery.

However much I agree with some of the thoughts expressed by Lady Glow, Bibliothecarius, and CrimsonTopaz, I find the comments to be rather childish and mocking, quite the opposite of what I expect to read from these wise and kind posters.
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
9 months ago (2023-08-02)
JoJo,
You said, *'Matt took his Husky, his pet cat, his Rabbit, his goat. His turtle, his chicken. Four of his fish (koi, silver dollar, Arowana and goldfish, his tarantula, his giant snail and a philodendron, the only ones he never brought is his two other cats, his four other dogs, his ducks and shrimps (they were in a separate aquarium with his fishes) because they no longer fit inside his van.'* Why couldn't the shrimp go with the koi? They'd be able to fit in the van that way.
Biblio and LadyGlow, the plant is one thing, but what about the poor shrimp missing out. Lol
JoJo, I can't stop thinking about all these animals, fish, snails, goat and spiders being hurled around a cemetery.
(I feel sorry for them)
:⁠'⁠ (
Next time you do this experiment can you please please please take a picture.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
9 months ago (2023-08-01)
Bibliothecarius.

With all the animals Noah was transporting in his ark, I'm starting to think the OP saw the philodendron, but Noah's intention was to see if the aphids infesting the plant would react to the ghosts.

NOT Noah's ark... Matt's van!
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+9
9 months ago (2023-08-01)
It's been 24 hours since I read this story. I'm having trouble getting the image of ghost hunting with a philodendron out of my head. That is outright hilarious to me.

Biblio.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+11
9 months ago (2023-07-31)
JJR:

"This is actually my friend's paranormal experiment."

And I'm inclined to think that this narrative is your own experiment at trying to get some attention from this community.
Just my honest opinion.

"here in our country it's ok to own multiple animals as long as you won't mistreat them or you can manage them."

I guess that would be easy to accept as long as the setting is a rural place with plenty of room for the animals to move freely BUT, - in an apartment building?!?!?

I imagine there has to be some sort of restrictions and regulations as for the number and the kind of pets allowed in a multifamily complex.
It's hard to imagine any of the other tenants not complaining about the noise and the stench that all those animals most cause.

"He had warned us that from 11PM until 4:30AM, if we saw the green lizard at the terrarium in his living room looking at the direction of kitchen, don't look up or we'll regret it"

How is it possible to see the direction the lizard's looking at in the dark? Is this a kind of laser-ray-casting eyes mutant lizard or Al can see in the dark like a cat? Did he turn on the light or how did he know what direction the lizard was looking at?

Where were all those animals sleeping? It seems like Noah's apartment is only a one bedroom unit so, what was the reaction of the rest of the animals?

I could go on an on listing all the things that don't make sense in your narrative, but don't want to give you ideas for further comments trying to patch all the holes and lack of information and details in this nonsensical concoction of words.

The only thing I have to add would be... Though there's not bull s*** in this story, there's plenty of animal feces, crap, and body waste that make it unworthy of this site.

Hasta la vista.
Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+8
9 months ago (2023-07-31)
I just want to say that's some super creative ghost hunting.

I bet that guy's even more fun at a party!
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
9 months ago (2023-07-31)
JoJorocks, I have no right to chuckle reading about all the animals and insects you all took to the cemetery. I just wasn't expecting to read about your friends experiment involving so many creatures big and small.
When I read about your hanging, grey bat-lady, I nearly choked on my grapes.
Please except my apologies. I saw the humourous side of this story and commented accordingly.
Once again, maybe another member might shine some light on this

This comment from JoJorocks is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

This comment from JoJorocks is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+2
9 months ago (2023-07-31)
JoJorocks, I just looked at your profile.
I thought I should read the first part of this?
S t o r y!
I read the story and comments on your *red eyed children* before reading the first part to this one and just decided I'd called it a night and pass on your s-t-o-r-i-e-s.
Hopefully other members can help you out with this, because I have absolutely no idea where to start with even trying to help.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: