You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Old Father is Seeing Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

My Old Father is Seeing Ghosts

 

Looking for someone who may have experience with something like this. My father is 80 years old and has started seeing multiple ghosts in his apartment. When he goes to my sister's house, he sees different ghosts there. But always the same ones. Obviously everyone thinks he is crazy but I don't believe he is.

My father had a full physical, brain scan, testing for strokes etc. Etc. All came back normal. He is old but in great shape. He is very specific about what they look like. Even down to hair color and color of shirts and coats they wear. He said they very rarely will look at him. They do not look him in the eyes. They never talk. They will just walk around and sit on the couch, etc.

He said when he throws holy water around the room - they disappear. Today he told me he yelled at one and told it to leave and it ran past him and he said he felt the breeze as if someone had moved past him. It is very sad to listen to him. He keeps saying he is not crazy. He really sees them. He doesn't know what to do and is very scared. No one believes him and keep saying he needs to see a psychiatrist.

Anyone every hear of something like this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

Niksterrific (19 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-02-03)
I think as we get closer to leaving this plane and moving on to the next one, we become more sensitive to what is really going on around us at all times, I also think that is why children can sense and see spirits, because they have just came from another plane to this one, so the closer you are to either coming or going to or from the next stages of "life" the more spiritual we become whether we know it or not. I might be completely off my rocker, but it seems logical. (maybe)
nessa28 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Hey I just have to say my Grandmother is in the same station. I don't think she's crazy. And it's mostly old time people from the 1800's and so on. She's does the whole Holy water and praying. They don't really talk to her either but she say's they always try and touch her things. I tell her she's helps them pass over, cause she never see's them again, just more come. 😳
purplepink78 (3 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-26)
YEAh...Don't ever yell at ghosts because we don't know if the ghosts that your father sees are good or not... 😊
Ciel (2 stories) (29 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-09)
Tell your father NEVER to yell at ghosts, because they can become upset and disturbed. They sound like peaceful ghosts though. Tell him to stop doing things like throwing holy water. They don't seem to be demonic and that could possibly seem threatening.

Tell him to try and get in contact with them, make sure he practices being calm and polite. You never want to risk upsetting a ghost. If a ghost turns scary or violent on the other hand, drop the formalities and start throwing holy water again! ^_^;

Some ghosts do not realize you can see them, and prefer to be left alone. He can choose to ignore them although it may be hard.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-09-26)
if he see's ghost then he see's them. Tell him not to yell at them though tell him to say please leave in a kind voice.
Anna (58 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
I would have to say that their was probably a familiar spirit in that room, because all angels have wings, and if she saw something with wings, she would probably know, and say something about it

do some research Corrine on familiar spirits, online at the library and in the bible, try psalm 91 outloud and ask the lord to cleanse that room for that little lady it is not fair that she is being tortured by seeing those things
corrine (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-12)
I work in a residential home for the elderly and things like this are always happening. I had a lady the other day ask if the woman sat on her bed could have a cup of tea (but there was no one there) also only this morning a resident said to me "i wish they would say what they want" and I asked "who" and she said "the man over there, they never say anything" and I said "oh, is he still there?" and she said crossly "yes". I think its a normal part of being old. I think their minds are more open and vulnerable to the paranormal and more easy to penetrate.
Amethyst20 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-27)
Casey, I'm so sorry but I have to disagree with your last comment about psychics. A relative of mine went to a psychic medium and he told her things he couldn't possibly know, things only she would know.
M. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-24)
Casey,
There are psychics out there in this world and my mom is one of them! They do exist!
chunkygut1 (13 stories) (73 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-23)
i have heard that babies and older people have a much better ability to see spirits and demons
Casey (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-22)
Not all people who claim to experience paranormality may have something "wrong" with their brains. First of all, he is old, so I wouldn't jump and say if nothing is physically wrong with him then he is truely experiencing these paranormalities. Now, I don't want to say he isn't experiencing them because a few people may disagree with me although I believe "ghosts" don't exist. It IS normal though, to maybe see things that aren't normal, that may seem real to you, but really don't exist. I don't think he is sick; I don't think he has astral abilities, but don't tell him he is wrong; that is the worst thing you could do. I would say talk to him, ask him what they are like and ask him frequently to tell you his opinion. Be interested in what he has to say. Make him feel normal.

there are no such things as psychics.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-21)
I also agree with Martin. But one other factor to take into consideration is this. Does he recognize those on the other side as maybe old friends or relatives that have crossed over? I say this because sometimes our friends and relatives come to us before passing to prepare us for the journey. I don't say this to scare you, just as information. I have a story that relates to this and will submit it soon.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
A. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Ken,

Aww...I feel bad for you and your father, especially if this is something new for the both of you. I agree with the other posters. Your father is not crazy and you are wonderful not to jump on the band wagon and make him feel worse. Let him know that he is still in control and that if he is calm and firm and tell them to leave him alone they will. He may have to be persistant but it will eventually work. The holy water is a good idea. Hope this helps a little.
M. (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
Hello,
I agree with Martin about your father. He is a medium pyshic and does not realize he has this ability.There's nothing wrong with being a pyshic and he does not need to see a psychiatrist. Tell him there's nothing to be scared of.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-04-20)
If you want my opinion, Ken, I would say that as some people approach a rather old age, their connection to physical reality loosens a little bit and they get more in touch with the astral (or spirit) world. This can happen also to very sick people (of any age). I think he has developed medium abilities. That is, if he passed all the normal tests of modern medicine and there is nothing wrong with his brain.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: