You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Clark Avenue House

Real Ghost Stories

Clark Avenue House

 

This story is told from the eyes of my mother in law.

It was late 1980's we lived on west 52 off Clark Avenue Cleveland Ohio house owned by ruble. One day I was making Charlie's bed my youngest of 3 kids. While the kids was in school. And as I smoothed the blankets with my hand, out of the corner of my eye I saw Charlie's radio and cassette holder turn. The corner seemed to point at my Pomeranian Samantha. Which she just got home from having surgery she had cancer and after that happened she died. It was like a sign pointing to Sam.

One day I was washing clothes all day long on a ringer washer. It was dusk out as I was in the basement and folding cloths. I kept feeling like I was being watched. So I started talking to myself saying "oh my gosh I'm going to be up all night long doing clothes. I'll have to come back down here again". Hoping to myself whatever was watching me would change its mind like and get me on the next trip I come down. So I did make it upstairs I never went back down late in the evening again. Or, if I did I made one of the kids come with me and watch my back as they sat on the stairs and talked to me.

One morning I went down and from a dark corner I heard whispering saying. "Mary, Mary, come here Mary" over and over again. I'll tell you what you never seen this fat girl run hurdling over extension cords that fast ever again. I got the heck out of there I thought as long as I wasn't in the basement I'm fine. Or so I thought,

One night I dozed off me and my husband slept in the same room but different beds. I felt breathing on my neck and I could feel something was holding my head to the pillow. I knew it wasn't Joe because I was looking at him in his bed. I couldn't move or anything. When it was released I got up and looked around. I passed it off as me being very tired and must of been dreaming. I didn't tell anyone. The next night it happened all over again except this time, it touched my side a very sensitive spot that I can't stand to have touched. It was breathing on me and holding me down and again I couldn't move. Well that was it I was going to tell the family. But I knew something smart would be said sure enough. My youngest son Charlie said aww mom you were probably just having a wet dream. So I got mad and said I wasn't going to tell them nothing else. I wasn't! Until that night when the blankets flew off me and I got pulled out of bed. I looked around thought the kids was making fun of me and pulled me. But they were sleeping.

Then one day my daughter Mary was babysitting a little girl. She was spending the night and she asked Mary "Can we please go back home and stay there"? She was scared and Mary asked what was wrong? The little girl said there was a man standing by Mary's dresser starring at her. So they ended up sleeping in the living room and I through that dresser on the curb the next day. I received that dresser from Salvation Army thrift store. And none of this happened until I brought that dresser in as soon as the dresser left everything stopped.

Other hauntings by monicar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, monicar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

monicar (4 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
wow thanks for all the comments and I talked to mom in law and she did correct the little brat at the time he said this and yes kids are like parrots they do what they hear and see from tv or whatever but she along with all of us did laugh about it now
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
We had a belief here in the philippines. If you buy something from an antique shop make sure that you let stand outside your house like letting the sun shine to it for 3 days to ward of whatever spirit is in it. It's like letting nature cleanse it for you.
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
Wow great story! I'm glad your mother-in-law found the source of the problem. It must have been extremely terrifying for her to be pulled out of bed by an unseen force.

Ok ok no need to light the torches and lynch the woman's son just because he said something that he probably heard on tv, or on the street. Kids are like parrots they hear and repeat. I'm sure he was disciplined for it.

Thank you for sharing your stories with us. Take care 😊 ❤
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I agree. Saying to your mom that she had a wet dream makes me feel sick. It sounds like there was something wrong with that kid. Did he also abuse animals, start fires, or wet his bed? I've heard of objects being haunted before, though I can't understand why. I don't know the thought processes of someone dead, but I just don't see myself wasting my time haunting a piece of furniture. But then I bore easily.
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-25)
I know EXACTLY what you're say'n when you have one of the kids sit & watch your back & talk to you while you're in an uncomfortable spot. I know just what that's like & I do that a lot. LOL! Thank God for our children. Anyway, it makes sense that things got crazy after that dresser moved in. Man what a creepy sick little spirit it had! Make me so UHG! When you get something really pretty & for a good deal maybe & it's stink'n demonised. Don't you hate that? Lol. Anyway, good story thanks for sharing. Bless you & yours.

~~LSD~~
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
Okay guys, this isn't monicar's story, it's her mother-in-law's...She just typed it verbatum...

Monicar: I enjoy your stories, and obviously, there are some people on here who just don't understand the "Ohio" mom thing... If one of my boys had said that to me we would have have been rolling on the floor, laughing! 😆...Oh, well, such is life...

By the way, my brother lives in Cleveland...We're originally from Warren... So yea, we're hickbillies too! ❤
carys (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
If a spirit is attched to an object and it has been brought into your house, don't get your hopes up because spirits move around just like people, if your hearing it monicar and it has physical moved you, it is probobly going to attach itself to you, or even worse your child. Watch this closley because I have done the same thing.
Fashionista777 (4 stories) (57 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
I agree that the dresser was the source of the problem. A lot of people on this site will say that spirits can become attached to inanimate objects, and strange activity can occur wherever the object goes. If you go to Ebay and type in "paranormal" you will find things for sale that claim to do such things. I'm glad you guys got rid of the dresser, and that it no longer happens to you.
Now, to get a little of the subject. I don't mean to offend you, but if my son had told me I probably had a wet dream, I would have slapped him across the face for saying something so disrespectful to his mother. I'm nearly 30 years old, and to this day, if I said anything even remotely similar to that, my mom would still beat the crap out of me. Again, I hope I don't offend you with this one, it just sounds like your son needs to learn some respect. Also, it's not very fair to you as a mother and a family member to not want to speak up about what's going on in your life to your family for fear of being ridiculed.
-_Syeetaque_- (5 stories) (109 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-24)
So that dresser has been the source of the problem all along! Gosh, next time I'm going to buy secondhand items, I'll think twice before I do. 😨

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: